bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Dream Chronicles: The Book of Water Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 24, 11 12:05 AM
Welcome to Dream Chronicles: The Book of Water Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Dream Chronicles: The Book of Water Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dream Chronicles: The Book of Water Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by happyasaclam on Apr 24, 11 12:46 AM
hi fishes just want to say yahooooooooooooooooooooooo what agreat treat did not know this was out. abig big thanks tbf you just made my nite/day just bought it & dlnow have a great easter all of you at bg & the fishes in the pond will come back later after i play. let you know what i think about it know it will be good be back soon

constantfire
Shark
Shark
12,978 Posts

[Post New]by constantfire on Apr 24, 11 3:05 AM
I'm going out of town this morning but am so excited to see this game is out! I will be playing it very soon. Thank you sooooo much!

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Apr 24, 11 8:45 AM
Thank you for this one! Been playing since download at 11.10am- Love it. Only came up for air to read comments (and to get some food!!)

[Post New]by ridbis on Apr 24, 11 1:43 PM
why is this game a collectors edition? none of the other dream chronicles were! there seems to be a lot of collectors editions games out at the moment, which cost quite a bit of money to purchase! i would like to see the normal edition issued a week after the collectors edition instead of weeks later please big fish games!

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Apr 24, 11 2:10 PM
@ ridbis

Sorry, but Book of Air was released as a CE

[Post New]by rrfranczak3 on Apr 24, 11 8:29 PM
@ridbus, most people prefer the CE editions with the extra bonus levels and the strategy guide, its only a couple of bucks what the hell?.....or you could go find a pirated version for free if you are that concerned about saving a few bucks, BFG is not in it to lose money or break even.......ya only live once..........splurge

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Apr 24, 11 9:58 PM
Yes, many of us do like CEs, but this game didn't warrant one: it's too short, the bonus play isn't particularly interesting, and I didn't use the strategy guide until the bonus content for a particularly obscure object. I wasted $13.99 on this game and would advise others to wait until the SE. It's really a pity because the Dream Chronicles series was really good until Book of Air.

[Post New]by sewanti on Apr 26, 11 4:00 AM
hi fishes! stuck playing this game... can't find 3 out of 4 disk pieces of the Gramaphone at Merrow's. Please help. walkthrough, anyone?

Edited on 04/26/2011 at 4:01:10 AM PST

holofernes
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by holofernes on Apr 26, 11 5:45 AM
Feel that I have been conned. Having begun to play twice, because of freezing - it's too short, too easy, doesn't end properly. It seems that having gotten onto a good thing the game people have decided not to give us full value - because they think we are hooked. I loved the Dream Chronicles 1 2 and 3- was disappointed with Air and thoroughly disgusted with Water. I won't bother with fire- such a pity as the story line is so good.

[Post New]by sunike on Apr 26, 11 7:36 AM
First time on a forum, but this game made me so sad, I just had to comment... And I'm not happy about the fact that most everyone agrees that it was a huge disappointment after such a long waiting. Can anyone please tell me what in the world is the point of Beta testing if the developers never really listen to us? I usually prefer CEs because of the added game play and bonuses provided (I'm an avid concept art collector so when I see a promising game in CE mode I usually jump on it....hehe), but this does not really deserve the CE badge! If an average gamer can gracefully "swim" through it and score high in just 2 hours -bonus game and all-, it shouldn’t be called a CE. It's just wrong. I plead to thee oh developers of Dream Chronicles: please don't bring us down with the future instalments(s). I'm sure that all the Little Dreamers of the world would be eager to hep you guys out if you don't have any more ideas or in any other way we can just to make sure that, the DC we love remains the same.

[Post New]by sunike on Apr 26, 11 8:27 AM
@Sewanti> the game has an integrated walkthrough. Though I'll give you a hint: in Dream Chronicles one must love to read.

bstjnck
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by bstjnck on Apr 26, 11 8:30 AM
hi, i just bought this game and cannot get past the toy shop trying to get the train together, figured out i was leaving a piece out, but game stopped working uninstalled and reinstalled had to start a new game and got back to the train part, now it won't let me do anything it freezes. Help

[Post New]by chele246 on Apr 26, 11 12:56 PM
bstjnck wrote:hi, i just bought this game and cannot get past the toy shop trying to get the train together, figured out i was leaving a piece out, but game stopped working uninstalled and reinstalled had to start a new game and got back to the train part, now it won't let me do anything it freezes. Help

SAME HERE!! did exactly the same as you and still a frozen game stuck in the toy shop......NOT liking this one bit,

[Post New]by alanolan on Apr 26, 11 1:15 PM
Biggest waste of money and time.Almost identical to previous dream chronicles only easier.As a matter of fact it almost exact.It took less than an hour to beat.I am disgusted

Edited on 04/26/2011 at 1:16:27 PM PST

glowfish
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by glowfish on Apr 26, 11 2:21 PM
Huge waste of money. Not worth CE. The game is too short, too simple, your hand is held every step of the way. And I had many more dream jewels than I ever needed, I could have filled each thing up twice over. Repeated places with simplistic tasks and text text text text text. Two thumbs down here.

[Post New]by chele246 on Apr 26, 11 3:03 PM
After checking the other blogs and hearing that the techs are saying a video card update may be needed if your game freezes on you, I went into my PC did all my updates for windows and toshiba, deleted the frozen game and started over, and I have moved past the train puzzle and toy shop with the next dream jewel in hand, hope this means I did the right thing and its going to work now. I do agree with the critics here that the game is very easy, I thought at first it was because I have played the other 4 and have the rhythm of the game down, but if people are beating the game in an hour, then that is indeed disappointing. .

[Post New]by iem1220 on Apr 26, 11 6:03 PM
Is there no walkthrough for Dream Chronicles: The Book of Water CE? I am stuck on placing the symbols on the statue, the guide is no help what so ever...

Indigo_Frost
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Indigo_Frost on Apr 26, 11 9:17 PM
sunike wrote:First time on a forum, but this game made me so sad, I just had to comment... And I'm not happy about the fact that most everyone agrees that it was a huge disappointment after such a long waiting. Can anyone please tell me what in the world is the point of Beta testing if the developers never really listen to us? I usually prefer CEs because of the added game play and bonuses provided (I'm an avid concept art collector so when I see a promising game in CE mode I usually jump on it....hehe), but this does not really deserve the CE badge! If an average gamer can gracefully "swim" through it and score high in just 2 hours -bonus game and all-, it shouldn’t be called a CE. It's just wrong. I plead to thee oh developers of Dream Chronicles: please don't bring us down with the future instalments(s). I'm sure that all the Little Dreamers of the world would be eager to hep you guys out if you don't have any more ideas or in any other way we can just to make sure that, the DC we love remains the same.

I have to agree with several of the other posters in here. This game was a HUGE disappointment! The first 3 Chronicles were so interesting and fun and made you use your "little grey cells", as Agatha Christies's famous fictional Belgian detective, Hercule Poirot, says. Those were well designed, which was not the case with the too short game-time, truncated story-line, and poorly designed game-play of the disappointing Book of Air. The devs really should be embarrassed about even releasing that lame excuse for a game!

And now this, The Book of Water, which crashed to desktop SEVEN times in a row, precisely every two minutes while I was working on the train puzzle, and I would have to start all over! I'm telling you, this gets very boring very fast. (And yes, my pc and video card, etc, are up-to-date, and very well able to handle much more sophisticated and complex MMORPG-style games with no problems whatsoever.)

So what's the problem, devs? In too much of a hurry to get the game out to make more and more money that you can't even take the time to fix the bugs? Shame, shame on you. I, for one, will NOT be spending my money, nor even a credit, on this badly designed, badly executed, and technically faulty game. I think it's time you went back to the drawing boards and the creative "think tank". EPIC FAIL ~

Edited on 04/26/2011 at 9:18:49 PM PST

[Post New]by Dutchy64 on Apr 27, 11 2:14 AM
Hi there,
Did travel back to the Wish, I have 7 magic symbols, I guess they are the inscription on the statue of Lilith! But how do i place them there?

Go to: