sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Dream Chronicles: The Book of Water Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sinshack on Apr 24, 11 12:13 AM
Go ahead, fishies!

My download just finished - I'm hoping this is as good as the first two in the series. The third was a bit of a disappointment, especially the bonus content, but still good. The first to were fantastic, however, so I'm hoping this 4th installment of the Dream Chronicles series lives up to expectations!!

Hoppy Easter, everyone!!

ETA: As a few other fishies pointed out, I miscounted the number of Dream Chronicles games - this is the 5th, not the 4th, and the 4th, Book of Air (CE) was the one that I was disappointed in (because of the length, not content.)

Edited on 04/24/2011 at 1:04:39 AM PST

17players_
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

NICE

[Post New]by 17players_ on Apr 24, 11 12:17 AM
Happy Easter to all Downloading the game now. Love Dream Chronicle games. They can be challenging like I like them. Will let you know.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dream Chronicles: The Book of Water Collector's Edition

[Post New]by govegril on Apr 24, 11 12:19 AM

I only just bought Book of Air on the $2.99 special LOL

...Even though I have been asking for something different - I think I will pass on a CE here

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dream Chronicles: The Book of Water Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Apr 24, 11 12:22 AM
Hi Fishies!

Thanks for getting this thread started! I'm going to go ahead and sticky it at the top of the Forum.

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

If you're encountering any technical issues with the game, please be sure to post them in the Post any Dream Chronicles: The Book of Water Collector's Edition technical issues here only thread and to also get in touch with Customer Support. This way we can keep this thread reserved just for reviews.

Thanks and happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Apr 24, 11 12:31 AM
Easter Egg ... or not ? Downloading, watched the video, graphics beautiful as usual. BUT I've been so disappointed with Book of Air (which I bought without trying having loved the others) that I will wait for someone to finish it and comment before I buy. Book of Air was so short that it really didn't deserve to be a CE. I will consider the "Finished it" comments to know if I buy the CE or wait for the SE. Either way it's a buy as I just can be short of one Dream Chronicle.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Apr 24, 11 12:35 AM
I'll pass too. My big Easter Bunny bought me a brand new computer for Easter. And he bought me a brand new 3 weeks ago. I need a backup for my games lol. So I will enjoy the other games I haven't played yet. Besides, there is the CE from Thursday I haven't played yet. I love spooky. Happy Easter all.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Dream Chronicles: The Book of Water Collector's Edition

[Post New]by shorenuf on Apr 24, 11 12:38 AM
sinshack wrote:Go ahead, fishies!

My download just finished - I'm hoping this is as good as the first two in the series. The third was a bit of a disappointment, especially the bonus content, but still good. The first to were fantastic, however, so I'm hoping this 4th installment of the Dream Chronicles series lives up to expectations!!

Hoppy Easter, everyone!!

Just to clarify -- this is the 5th Dream Chronicles. There were no CE's until the 4th one -- Book of Air.

Like everyone else, I am waiting to hear some comments from those who buy and finish this version. (At least I will try to wait )

Happy holiday!

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on Apr 24, 11 12:47 AM
Sinshack wrote:

Go ahead, fishies!

This is actually the 5th in the series and someone said on yesterdays forum that it was cited as the “final” on another website, which would be a great pity.

I already have:
Dream Chronicles
Dream Chronicles 2: The Eternal Maze
Dream Chronicles - The Chosen Child
Dream Chronicles - Book of Air

I bought Book of Air first and loved the game so much I bought the other three immediately. I loved them all. Strangely enough they are all small games, with Book of Air being the largest at 102mb, the others are between 22mb and 57mb.

My download just completed, gotta go, talk again later.

Happy Easter Everyone!

Jo

[Post New]by LapTopDancerr on Apr 24, 11 12:57 AM

I'm hoping this is as good as the first two in the series. The third was a bit of a disappointment, especially the bonus content, but still good. The first to were fantastic, however, so I'm hoping this 4th installment of the Dream Chronicles series lives up to expectations!!

Hi Sinshack,
I'm a bit confused about the way you described the series. Maybe I'm missing something (like a few games).... but I recall The Book of Air as the first Dream Chronicles CE and "Book of Air" was the first in the second series of Dream Chronicles.
The first set consisted of:
1.Dream Chronicles
2. Dream Chronicles 2 "The Eternal Maze"
3. Dream Chronicles 3 " The Chosen Child"
The next series started with:
1,"The Book of Air" CE and SE
and now:
2. "The Book of Water" CE

I don't claim to be an expert or criticizing what you wrote. I'm just confused.......as usual. Could you please let me know? Or anyone else, for that matter. Thanks

Edit: Looks like a couple of other members noticed the same thing while I was writing this. . Thanks to all for clarifying.

Edited on 04/24/2011 at 1:03:24 AM PST

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Apr 24, 11 1:00 AM
shorenuf wrote:

Hoppy Easter, everyone!!

Just to clarify -- this is the 5th Dream Chronicles. There were no CE's until the 4th one -- Book of Air.

Like everyone else, I am waiting to hear some comments from those who buy and finish this version. (At least I will try to wait )

Happy holiday!

Thanks, shorenuf, orijojo, and LapTopDancerr! I lost count, I guess. It was Book of Air that disappointed me - the game itself was very good, but like others have commented, it was far too short to be CE, especially the bonus content.

Edited on 04/24/2011 at 1:03:07 AM PST

Rose151
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by Rose151 on Apr 24, 11 1:07 AM
Happy Easter everyone! I've been waiting for this one! Did about 30 minutes of the Demo, will go back to be sure that everything picks up where it should. If it does, this is an absolute buy for me.

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Apr 24, 11 1:09 AM
Shouldn't we have some of the previous CE's released as SE's before a new Collector's Edition comes out?

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Apr 24, 11 1:10 AM
I played for 25 minutes and I found the game very dark. I am also disappointed with the screen. It's little with a framework. I play the next 35 min. but I don't know if I buy this game as CE.

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Apr 24, 11 1:29 AM
Good game! I enjoyed it a lot. And it was nice to see story continuity in the form of settings from earlier games.

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Apr 24, 11 1:30 AM
Beautiful graphics, the usual Dream Chronicles music which is pleasant...however...this is hand holding to the nth degree. The main character has a nice voice but all the constant talking and telling you all the who what where and when just is not for me. For those fishies who like the game....enjoy Happy Easter to All

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Apr 24, 11 1:32 AM
Okay, so I couldn't resist trying the demo. I played the opening scenes, which weren't too hard, but then I hit the [spoiler alert!] "connect the pipe"/"connect the electorode" puzzle and spent half an hour without resolution. It's late and I'm tired, but I will have to buy it in the morning because I know that I can figure the minigame out!

I agree with the posts so far that some of the Dream Chronicles games are better than others, but I have enjoyed them all, so Happy Easter present to me!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 24, 11 1:36 AM
Since "Eternal Maze" I stopped to buy this series. The "dream pieces" worked on my nerves - not only the objects are small, and the screens are dark, I have to gather mini-tiny pieces of "nothing"...

I got my Easter Egg already from ERS's "Spirits". Play it again with great pleasure.

Happy Easter, fishies!

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Apr 24, 11 1:40 AM
COMMENT ONLY: No review involved!!

Downloading now. Just to make sure it works. Can't wait to hit Lucy's spoiler alert!!
And a CE today really throws a 'spanner' in my Punch Card Logic for buying this month!

Kel

Edited on 04/24/2011 at 8:37:01 AM PST

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Apr 24, 11 1:55 AM
I did liked this game, good graphics and enjoyable gameplay, I usually liked games from Playfirst, this game does not disappointing me, better than the Book of Air. I don't think its a buy for me, it does worth SV but not sure about CE!

3.5/5 Stars

mmemubon
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by mmemubon on Apr 24, 11 1:56 AM
So the next one will be The book of fire? if it is no good , whatever book it is, I will dump it into the books of junk.

Go to: