cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD 24 April 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Apr 24, 11 2:02 AM
Any comments fishes? You know how much we depend on you.
Happy Easter and lots of eggs if you'r a chocci fan.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

Todays DD 24 April 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by _DD_ on Apr 24, 11 2:40 AM
cleoladycat wrote:Happy Easter and lots of eggs if you'r a chocci fan.

LOL! thanks, and to you, too!

From reading this forum, it seems:
=> It's mainly a Spot-the-differences game,
=> it's timed only,
=> many had problems at level 13 (game stopping glitch).

No game for me.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

Re:Todays DD 24 April 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Apr 24, 11 3:35 AM
I checked on this one, as it would have finished a Punch Card. After reading the comments (what few there are) I hate STD's/FTD's. So that would make it a NO GO for me to start with.

Also it seems the 'glitch' has never been dealt with. So thanks - but NO THANKS

vezzettj
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by vezzettj on Apr 24, 11 3:52 AM
Yes this game is mostly STD and it is Timed so most fishies will be passing on this one.

Unlike the 5 Spots 2 (or whatever that other STD DD was from last week), I think these pictures are much more interesting (and much clearer). And you can earn more "hints" (but you have to find 3 differences in pretty quick succession). I also like the "puzzle" pictures where you have to first swap / rotate the pieces to match the picture and then find the differences.

In the first 3 chapters, there are only 4 differences per picture. There are 8 pictures per chapter and at least 2 of them are "puzzles" + STD pictures. I don't think you can hold more than 3 hints so you need to use them as you earn them, they do carry over into the next chapter if not used (I think). Every so often, the "Dark Lord" will come into your picture and make it dark. You will either have a spot of light that follows the cursor or the spot of light will move randomly (in growing circles). This lasts for ~30 seconds and I encountered this ~3 times in the first 3 chapters (and then 4 times on one picture in chapter 4). Starting in chapter 4, there are more differences to find.

After each chapter there is a "find the matching pair" bonus game that lasts 1 minute. I didn't see a goal, just find as many matches as you can. There are about 5 sets of pictures you'll see (fish, tree / leaves, bear cosutmes?, sea shells, butterflies).

What sold me on this game is the unlockable mini games! Every picture you see (they are not repeated in the story mode) unlocks a replayable STD (with more items missing) AND puzzle option. These do not appear to be timed as the timer counts up (instead of down). There is a 3rd mini game type but I didn't get a chance to check it out (and didn't encounter it in the story yet). I am a little concerned about the chapter 13 glitch (the last chapter) but I'm going to risk it. Wish me luck! And happy Easter to all.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Apr 24, 11 4:17 AM
I actually like find-the-difference games but I'm not crazy about being timed. I really liked the screen grabs though, so I'll give it a try and be back later after playing...

Wow, it downloaded already, that only took as long as I spent to type the above.

ETA: back already, I think it's too early for this, I might try again after I've had a little coffee (it's just now going on 5:30 AM here.) I will say that I like the premise and the photos/artwork is very pretty so far. Seems like a nice game.

And yet more: After two cups of coffee and a big bowl of oatmeal, I came back to the game and finished the first round with three minutes to spare. I like it!

Edited on 04/24/2011 at 7:54:22 AM PST

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Apr 24, 11 10:59 AM
It looked so promising on the main page. I really like puzzles and word finds, but I detest spot-the-difference games. This game is basically made up of these three minigames. The first chapter is completely spot-the-difference which was a huge turn off for me. You can play just the minigame mode unstead of the story mode which will enable you to chose the minigames you wish to play, but playing in this mode was sort of boring to me. Sorry, but even for $2.99 it is a no buy for me.

Edited on 04/24/2011 at 11:00:14 AM PST

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Apr 24, 11 12:16 PM
The third type of mini-game is find-the-word. If you don't find the words fast enough, they change, one word at a time. This game is triggered by running out of time while finding the differences. You play the mini-game to gain more time. On the early chapters, five minutes is gained. Later the time is dropped to four minutes. That's as far as I have gotten. I was in Chapter 4 when I ran out of time by clicking on too many wrong spots. When you click on the wrong spot, time is decreased. I was going to have to start the chapter over so I quit for the time being.

I had to restart the game when I bought it as I ran out of the hour demo and my progress wasn't saved. The differences change, so there is replay value.

This game is definitely a challenge.

Jinnare
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Jinnare on Apr 24, 11 2:47 PM
I played the full demo time. The pictures are enjoyable and it doesn't appear that any of them repeat, so there's a lot of variety. There is an option to turn off one or both game cursors and play with the system cursor. The music wasn't bad, but it was really annoying when the Professor (or whoever he is) would shout out that I had a combo. The only way I found to defeat that was to turn my sound down.

The Word Search puzzles were fun, but I don't like the clock even if it is going up instead of down, because I know that I'm being timed. In the second chapter, I ran out of time with two puzzles left. I played the mini-game and gained another five minutes which gave me enough time to complete the other two puzzles.

If there were a way to turn off the timers, this would be a buy for me. Unfortunately, I was unable to find any way to do that. I just don't like/need the stress that I feel when I'm playing timed games. I worked for thirty-two years in an extremely stressful environment, and I retired so I could relax!

For those that buy it, Happy Gaming!! And Happy Easter to everyone!!

Go to: