orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Silent Scream: The Dancer

[Post New]by orijojo on Apr 25, 11 12:16 AM
Just downloading now, looked at the walkthrough while waiting.

There 7 chapters plus a bonus chapter. The first chapter seems very short but the others appear to be a little bit longer.

Not sure about the bonus chapter.

Graphics seem pretty.

Will wait and see how it trials.

Edited on 04/25/2011 at 7:46:01 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews on Silent Scream: The Dancer

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Apr 25, 11 12:34 AM
Wow, this is a different game. It's very unique. I like it. It is simplistic as it leads you through with sparkles. I don't care for that. I don't need my hand held when I'm playing a game. The graphics are very different. We've seen the story before,but it still has an element of spookiness. Widescreen,very important to me. Overall I like this game. I'm going to try the harder mode, maybe that won't have the sparkles. Definetly give this game a try. Do I think it's for everybody? No...but I think many will like it just fine for a credit or punch card.

I'd rate this: PIGLET

PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog. For true lover's of these types of games

‘ ‘
(o)

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Apr 25, 11 12:36 AM
This game is just as off the wall as it's name. Alas, I am not an appreciator of this type of graphic style so is a no buy here. For those who do....enjoy

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Apr 25, 11 12:44 AM
Played advanced to avoid any sparkles. But unless it's just to get you going in the game, sparkles, sparkles and more sparkles! Why do game devs assume we're all too stupid to fathom it out? It's not rocket science, and if one is stuck one can refer to the walkthrough - the whole reason for having one!

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Apr 25, 11 12:58 AM
This game is very unique, great storyline and fun gameplay. The graphics are not too bad but not that great! This is a mix of HOG and FROG with some good mini-games I will buy it using my credits

Well, there's Bonus Chapter even though this is not CE, LOL

3.5/Stars

Edited on 04/25/2011 at 1:09:10 AM PST

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Apr 25, 11 1:03 AM
mmmm, i think i understand the title now, i wanted to scream after only 15 minutes of it.not for me, oh well always tommorow.

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on Apr 25, 11 1:07 AM
Pretty and different but I don't think it's for me.

Point of interest, the developer is Maximise who also developed The Seawise Chronicles which turned out to be a very good game.

I'll wait for other opinions.

Jo.

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Apr 25, 11 1:19 AM
Listen devs...who locked you all in a closet and tormented you...All of these recent games have been so %7%$34%ing dark and depressing. I say to myself 'well it can't get any worse' then you bring the children to the party.

The graphics were thoughtful. Puzzles creative and fresh. HOGs were challenging. But for similar reasons that previous fishes have mentioned I can't buy this one...too much hand holding...

Edited on 04/25/2011 at 1:56:28 AM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Apr 25, 11 1:21 AM

I really enjoyed the demo and I will be buying this game.

There is alot of story , which I love, but its skippable for those who would rather just get to the game.

Its a deductive HOG/IHOG combined with point and click mystery adventure.

Graphics are hand painted sort of a bent-cartoony style that reminds me of "The Far Side" newpaper cartoons. Goulish but not scary.

Altogether fun!!!!

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Apr 25, 11 1:23 AM
I have only played about 20 minutes of the walkthrough and will continue tomorrow if I have time, but I don't much like this game so far and may just delete it.

First, I don't like the graphics, which are not only cartoonish but also drawn from strange angles. Second, the screen shows objects that can't be picked up (I assume that they are used later in the game, but it's still irritating). The game seems linear, and I would prefer to have a whole bunch of stuff and to figure out on my own how to use the items. Finally, I don't really warm to the story or the main character.

I don't like being only negative, but nothing in this game makes me want to play further.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 25, 11 1:23 AM
I just finished to fight with the simulator. Gee whiz, it doesn't allow me to pick any object, unless I have a permission from it, and after getting a picture-hint where to get the requested object....

Interesting plot (some film noir theme), good graphics, a special space to combine objects, but - I have to run to and fro to get objects that I could have when I saw them.
It's tiresome, and takes all the pleasure of the play.

Not for me.

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on Apr 25, 11 1:25 AM
MINI SPOILER IN 'PROS' - I've tried the game and this is what I think;

Pros - I like the graphics - a bit watercolour in style.
The music is okay.
The Hid obj scenes I did were clear.
The items you have to merge to make new items to use - just remember that you drag them from the top part of the box to the lower part to do this.

Cons - The woman's voice - how irritating?!
The sparkles.
The fact that you can see items you're clearly going to need but can't pick them up until you've got to the part in the game when it says you need them! This really feels like 'hand holding' too far!

It's because of the last point that I would only buy this as a DD or if I was reeaally desperate for a game to play. I'd rather collect things as I find them and then work out where I need to use them.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Apr 25, 11 1:28 AM
After an extremely sluggish start, it did pick up a bit. It is a strange one, and I am intrigued by the graphics, almost spooky, kinda eerie looking, yet child like in character. Weird enough to keep me going...tomorrow. And I know it will be better on the pc. You do have the option for level of play, and I always play easy or casual when doing a demo. Have used a couple of hints, and didn't notice if there was lag time between them. If you don't know what to do next, hint will show you a picture of where you need to be, and there is a lot of back and forth, to get an object. To combine two or more objects, it is a bit of a task, as you have to click on each object, and they appear in the upper part of a box, and then you have to click on each object and move it to the lower half of the box. I don't think this is a highly advanced playing game, but it is just off enough, and odd enough, that I have to buy it.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Apr 25, 11 2:00 AM
Well this style of graphics is not to my personal liking because some things just don't look like recognisable objects to me, eg the thread ... never in this world would I have thought it was thread I thought it was perhaps a dolls finger with a ring on . The other thing I spent a very long time looking for was the fish and I had to give up and use the hint because I couldn't see anything that looked like one. It was only in another scene when there was a better view of it that I could see that it did appear fishlike.

There are a couple of other things that I wasn't keen on ... one was the whisper when you clicked on an object in a H0 scene I never did make out what was being said but I did find it was too annoyingly repetitive and ended up turning the sound off altogether. The other thing was not being allowed to pick up objects as we find them when you just know that you are going to need them somewhere down the line such as the matches and the hammer.

I know it seems like I am writing a "I don't like this game" type of review but I have a weakness for any sort of adventure type game and I have enjoyed the puzzles so far will actually be buying it .

I must ask though ... who on earth came up with the name for the Mafia boss ... Big Brother Lung ... ROTFLMFOPIMP ... it doesn't sound like a name to be feared does it .

Cherb

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Apr 25, 11 2:04 AM
I like the game and I buy it.
It's different and a little strange.
After yesterday I need a game to play. I have a couponcode and I use it.

gmmace
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by gmmace on Apr 25, 11 2:07 AM
*Spoiler Alert*
I'm on the fence on this one. I like that the puzzles were a bit different and I love creepy games, and I have to admit that I was startled a couple times (the hidden object scenes and the maze puzzle.) It drives me nuts when you know you will need an object, but you have to go all over the place and come back to pick up the object. And some of the object names are odd. "Skothtape"? Really? Not sure if that's an actual word in another language, or just a very bad spelling of "scotchtape." I just filled my second punchcard for April, so I'm in no hurry to purchase another game right now.

Edited on 04/25/2011 at 3:01:19 AM PST

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Apr 25, 11 2:17 AM
OPINION of demo hour only

First, I must say that I was so very happy that my Widescreen monitor was filled.

The graphics were cartoonish and odd but, I think that realistic graphics would’ve made this story a lot harder to deal with for me. The storyline is disturbing but, that’s already evident by the game description page. The voice acting was inconsistent to me. At times I thought it was good and other times I thought it was too bland for the experience that had just happened to her. This also made it easier to handle the subject matter too, though. I felt it had great and effective atmospheric sounds and music. Perhaps too effective for me in some circumstances.

I could’ve done without the dialogue suggestions when touching things. The same with the always visible task list but, I played in casual. Maybe casual has come to mean something different now. I am still dreaming of a medium ground. Personally I find the challenge modes (real ones with no sparkles, etc.) too frustrating. If I want harder I can play LFA (which I do like) but, it’s getting harder to find a casual medium game for times I want to strain a little less.

When you need it, the hint button is more than just for H0 and does a decent job of pointing in the right direction with small inserted pictures. This is a great idea because it’s both fast and efficient. You don’t even have to lose track of the atmosphere. As I said before, I think they did a great job creating and maintaining that throughout my play time.

Some items from the list in H0 scenes have more than one in the scene and require you to keep searching for more of the same item when it does not register. This can be frustrating. In later scenes you are required to find 5 of this item and such so it doesn’t really matter as much there.

I also do not like having to come back for things that I could have picked up earlier. It keeps you from ever having too many things to choose from but requires too much backtracking. I don’t mind backtracking usually but, this bothered me. I would rather have a full inventory.

I liked the actions fine enough. The combining of items is welcome. I also like the puzzles and think they were mixed in complexity.

Bottom line Opinion: It’s a good game it’s just disturbing and frustrating to play.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Apr 25, 11 2:19 AM
1 . CHERB : I heard the whisper when you find an object, and thought it said "Trouvé", "Found" in French...

Otherwise didn't fancy the graphics too much. Hated the snores of the woman and found it way to easy.

May be as a DD.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Apr 25, 11 2:37 AM
Well, I guess then the older I get the stupider I get. Could just be that the dev didn't design this game for the Advanced Players. There is an option for casual or harder but I guess just means less hints or longer between recharge for some. There are some players who need tutorial and help what and where to do things. So, if sparkles offend others, try a different game for challenges.

For me, my hand does not appreciate tendonitis bait when I have to click every pixel hoping something will happen. It is going to happen or open anyway, and doesn't matter if you can't go there or take something til you need it. My challenge is having to remember where that piece is now that I need it, or remembering how to get back where I know it is.

I really appreciate the artwork, off the edge, nothing same ole, but in the flavor of Mishaps and Deadtime Stories. Very stylized and original, makes game stand out from the same unimaginative graphics in most ihog adventures. For me, although it is supposed to be spooky, keeps me in a funner mode, like hey this isn't real, maybe she's dreaming it, or pure fantastical, lighter vein. Otherwise, threat of danger to a child or abuse is a line drawer for me, won't go on if it starts feeling true.

Only thing bothered me so far after 40 minutes is why the heck she didn't try to wake up the madam or nanny, instead she searches the house for her. Well, of course (pounds forehead) it is a GAME, have to give her dumb things to do or game over chapter one. Leaves you to wonder if she is dead. There's a phone there, call 911 lady, your child is missing. Oh, never mind, that multi task process is same in all of them.

But this is different, thank my stars! We want more challenge, yet if artist draws them out of your frame of references you can't see them? Or takes a hint? Just can't preconceive what an object SHOULD look like, take your time, you'll see them. Everything is in plain sight, good color, clear, no fuzzies, and the kind of HOGs I really like when I take my time. Hint system is neat, screen goes black all but object you want. But be fast, quickly the lights go on and if you haven't clicked it off you may still not recognize it like before. Quite different again. Recharges fast on Casual. Then back to to and fro which most love sneakers, I'm challenged again if you aren't, think think think, where did I need it, guess I got to go everywhere again.

Oh, and I love those string puzzles, didn't skip.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Apr 25, 11 2:59 AM
ooooweeee you say fills widescreen? I didn't even go for that letdown on my laptop W7. I'm running it on old pc XP with 15" normal monitor. Everything is big enough to see, looks great, I keep it on 100% brightness anyway, it's tired. Must open the demo on my laptop and see, but usually the display of games are smaller on 17" widescreen (top to bottom and sides blacked out than on 15.

Maybe if widescreen stretches it the art style isn't distorted at all and look like "normal" LOL. My laptop is a 16x9 ratio and only 9 games fill it side to side. So that would be an added bonus. Need 2 SE punches or DD in the rest of the week. Looks like just one more now but I'll do the rest of the hour and see if it gets too gross for my "sensitivities". Til now I'm enjoying it very much, sure beats Antique Road Trip2, for HOGs, slim pickin's for me other than The Fool and Vesuvia, waited for a game like this one, just enough challenges for my old eyes and hands and what's the other...oh...memory.

Go to: