shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Apr 25, 11 12:26 AM
At the request of Powder Monkey and others in CCC thread entitled "A suggestion to BF regarding reviews thread" I am creating this thread for members to post various comments that are not related to the topic game, anything you care to rant about (this may be unnecessary since todays offering is not a CE!) and any other chit-chat that you want.

If you just can't help yourself and need to post spoilers, I imagine this would be good place for that although as a courtesy to other members, you may still want to mark spoilers as such.

I hope this is what you had in mind Powder Monkey!!

Cheerio...
shadowfax

ETA: I thought I should include a link to the thread I am referring to in case you want to check to see if I am making this up! http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/156275.page

Edited on 04/25/2011 at 12:31:06 AM PST

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Apr 25, 11 12:54 AM
Knock! Knock! Hello, anybody in? Is this the right place to rant about how long this game is taking to download with my ISP!! It's only at 65% and it's been going since 8.08am (UK).

Now all we need is a 'But' or a 'stevie says' and we'll be right on the money!

Kel

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Apr 25, 11 12:57 AM
YES Kelvarda!! You have come to the right place...

'Stevie says'... ROFL

I will be crushed if our buddy Stevie Ferr does not post in this thread! Drop in Stevie... we are waiting for ya.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Apr 25, 11 1:04 AM
powdermonkey should be a happy little this morning then! I promise I'll try to do a review in the 'right place' today

Yes, c'mon stevie....we are waiting with 'bated breath' for some really good comments about this one

Kel

eta: Download finally finished! Going to play now

Edited on 04/25/2011 at 1:18:16 AM PST

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Apr 25, 11 1:11 AM
The dev - Maximize g. developed lots of games in the past e.g. 2Tasty (which i liked), Burger Battle (haven't try), Seawise Chronicles (which i don't like), Pet Playground (i also don't like)and this latest game. It seems to be the best game they've develop, not a bad game but not that good!

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Apr 25, 11 1:25 AM
Big Big Spoiler:
I Played about 45 min of the demo. It started off nice with widescreen and nice voice overs. The story line is very adult, but the play is childish, that just my opinion, dont take it to heart. The first 2 puzzles were my least liked, strings which was easy for a change and comparison pairs. Items were easy enough to find in the lists. Lots of things strewn around that you would probably need later but cant pick up now, in the other scenes. if someone gets along farther in the game i will read their reviews and see if it gets better. Im afraid after a while I wont know what is to be combined to use.

tinyzac
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by tinyzac on Apr 25, 11 1:32 AM
me i couldnt get past the prologue 4 about 10 minutes when i did it just faded to black then had to do the whole thing again so im sorry big fish this game rates a big fat 10 big fat thumbs down 4 me good luck to anyone lucky enough to play the game all the way

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Apr 25, 11 1:36 AM
Well, I'm stuck on the hook thingy. Whatever I do, the items just won't 'merge'!

Why do devs insist on trying to re-invent the wheel? Grr.
Jo
'Och, my head' .. ??

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Apr 25, 11 1:48 AM
arthurC wrote:Well, I'm stuck on the hook thingy. Whatever I do, the items just won't 'merge'!

Why do devs insist on trying to re-invent the wheel? Grr.
Jo
'Och, my head' .. ??

Do you have all three items?? You have to have them all for it to work. I think you have to combine in the correct order also.

Edited on 04/25/2011 at 1:49:37 AM PST

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Apr 25, 11 2:17 AM
When you've got everything required in the 'top' part of the merge box, you have to drag them into the bottom bit to 'merge' them. Quite frustrating till you work this out

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Apr 25, 11 2:34 AM
Thanks very much Mcurty and Kilvarda.
Jo

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 25, 11 4:11 AM
Hi shadowfax, kelvarda and all.
Is this the right place to rant about having to go to work today, Easter Monday, (Bank Holiday in England)?

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 25, 11 4:13 AM
By the way PowderMonkey, I am DL now, I will try this game soon! LOL!

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Apr 25, 11 4:15 AM
And thanks to early- riser Shadowfax for starting this thread, good follow-up to yesterday's discussion in the forum. (I am dl'ing now.....How long is this game.....etc., etc.) LOL!

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Apr 25, 11 4:22 AM
lol,oh and btw- how long is this game? anyone know yet?

edited to remove winky because I am laughing but also seriously interested

Edited on 04/25/2011 at 4:24:45 AM PST

weeharleyboy
Shark
Shark
13,276 Posts

[Post New]by weeharleyboy on Apr 25, 11 5:34 AM
Just over 4 hours Avg. Did skip a couple of mini's though.

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Apr 25, 11 5:47 AM
Thank You weeharleyboy

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 25, 11 5:57 AM
"Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments"
great idea, thanks!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 25, 11 6:14 AM
Kelvarda wrote:powdermonkey should be a happy little this morning then! I promise I'll try to do a review in the 'right place' today

Yes, c'mon stevie....we are waiting with 'bated breath' for some really good comments about this one

Kel

eta: Download finally finished! Going to play now

Stevie will not show up in this thread, as he has not started it! ROFL! I have seen him lurking in this forum though! LOL!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Apr 25, 11 6:48 AM
peglegann wrote:
Stevie will not show up in this thread, as he has not started it! ROFL! I have seen him lurking in this forum though! LOL!

OMG... too funny peglegann.

I hope he comes in - I always love to hear what he has to say about a game. Whenever Stevie likes a game I just HAVE to try it out... I am serious.

Go to: