edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

Post any Silent Scream: The Dancer technical issues here only

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Apr 25, 11 1:01 AM
i downloaded the game well,it starts ssssslllllloooooowwwwwww and i have BFG logo and after that a lovely black screen,and to end the game have to do ctrl-alt-delete! and when i go back in "my games "in game manager the game is considred as it has played!and i am very surprised for i made the beta without any problem!some body has an idea?

Edited on 04/25/2011 at 7:40:54 AM PST

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

technical issues

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Apr 25, 11 1:09 AM
edmee1947 wrote:i downloaded the game well,it starts ssssslllllloooooowwwwwww and i have BFG logo and after that a lovely black screen,and to end the game have to do ctrl-alt-delete! and when i go back in "my games "in game manager the game is considred as it has played!and i am very surprised for i made the beta without any problem!some body has an idea?

Hi edmee1947. That's why it's played. You Beta'd it.

Kel

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

Re:technical issues

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Apr 25, 11 1:22 AM
i never keep the beta on my computer:it is not the problem;it is the second game in few days which don't work ,and for the first one,i can't have any solution from BF,and i guess it 'll be the same for this one!i have punch card credits i can't spent for the game i want does not work!it is too much for me now,and i think BFG not so cool!

yve501
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by yve501 on Apr 25, 11 1:22 AM
The game freezes and the mouse icon disappears when I try to go to the attic. Tried reinstalling and the same thing happened.
I've got a virtually new windows7 so everything is up to date.

[Post New]by texans_andre80 on Apr 25, 11 1:30 AM
the game downloaded just fine, but won't let me do any thing after i put the light bulb in. the screen is black. i reloaded the game and had the same problem. looks like this game is a no go for me!

teapotty2
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by teapotty2 on Apr 25, 11 2:40 AM
I purchased the game (having great faith in the review)
technicle issues It froze after the intro which I waited all the way through (wanting to immerse myself in the new game)
I had to start to ctrl alt del to get my computers task manager so as to end task.

It has been a big slow in scenes and I wonder if others are finding it a bit buggy

squeek1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by squeek1 on Apr 25, 11 3:08 AM
I also downloaded this game, and all it will do is freeze. This is the second game in two days that has done this. It is very disappointing that you can't play a game, plus it shows on the time that it has been played. Very disappointed in BF right now.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Apr 25, 11 3:58 AM
I get a tech error when I try to sew the button on the doll then the game shuts off tried reinstalling the game but still does the same thing. A no buy for me................................... got to fix the problems before it releases its games to fast to release try fixing the problems first not all have the same puters

[Post New]by alicekramden on Apr 25, 11 4:48 AM
Well, another game from BFG that doesn't work correctly! This is getting tiresome, to say the least. Black screen with cursor.....BFG logo....then.....nothing but black screen again.

TSM5960
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

another game can not play

[Post New]by TSM5960 on Apr 25, 11 5:33 AM
get to attic freezes and lose cursor. have to ctel alt to leave. either this or get error message guiteoften lately, use to never have this promblem. canplay same games on anothersite. also sister in next room never has any promblems, mine is a newer pc. what is wrong with big fish.

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

technical issues

[Post New]by chillygirl on Apr 25, 11 5:43 AM
Kelvarda wrote:
edmee1947 wrote:i downloaded the game well,it starts ssssslllllloooooowwwwwww and i have BFG logo and after that a lovely black screen,and to end the game have to do ctrl-alt-delete! and when i go back in "my games "in game manager the game is considred as it has played!and i am very surprised for i made the beta without any problem!some body has an idea?

Hi edmee1947. That's why it's played. You Beta'd it.

Kel

I don't believe that's true Kel. I've beta'd several & still get the hour demo.

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Apr 25, 11 6:03 AM
I;ve had 3 access violations while playing this game. Anyone else having this problem?

I have to ctl/alt/del to get out of it. It does seem to play OK when i go back into the game but it is a bit of a nuisance.

eschmeck
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by eschmeck on Apr 25, 11 6:05 AM
saphhire wrote:I get a tech error when I try to sew the button on the doll then the game shuts off tried reinstalling the game but still does the same thing.

I, too, crashed out of the game while trying to sew the button on the doll. I get an access violation error and then windows warning that a program has crashed. I don't have to cold or warm boot, but it won't get beyond this point.

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 25, 11 6:27 AM

In chapter two, I cannot pick up the wire after I combine it with the hook.

suniris
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by suniris on Apr 25, 11 6:38 AM
saphhire wrote:I get a tech error when I try to sew the button on the doll then the game shuts off tried reinstalling the game but still does the same thing. A no buy for me................................... got to fix the problems before it releases its games to fast to release try fixing the problems first not all have the same puters

Mine stalled in the same spot. Nothing seems to help. Not sure I would buy anyway. Too cartoonish for me

River05
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by River05 on Apr 25, 11 6:45 AM
mcquigan, are you putting them in the box below? I had that problem,but relized i had to put them in the box below.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Re:Post any Silent Scream: The Dancer technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Apr 25, 11 7:42 AM
Hi everyone and thanks for starting up this thread! I've just edited the title and have stickied the thread so that it will stay at the top of the Forum.

If you are having problems getting Silent Scream: The Dancer to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct common issues in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Apr 25, 11 7:49 AM
saphhire wrote:I get a tech error when I try to sew the button on the doll then the game shuts off tried reinstalling the game but still does the same thing. A no buy for me................................... got to fix the problems before it releases its games to fast to release try fixing the problems first not all have the same puters
I had to ctrl alt delete at that point, the cursor disappears when you try to sew the button on the doll. Dumped the game at that point.

ARETHORN
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ARETHORN on Apr 25, 11 9:02 AM
Have just downloaded and started to play but could not get movies to play as i just got a black screen and sound only and then game started.I changed settings in NVIDIA grahics control panel from quality graphics to let application decide and tried again and everything now seems to be running okay.Looks quite an interesting game will finish demo then decide wether to purchase or not.Hope this solves some of the black screen
problems.??????

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Apr 25, 11 9:54 AM
I experienced the same issues, such as sound only, long splash screen load times, cut scene lag, and game was refusing to play smoothly. I however checked my NVIDIA graphics control panel which was already set to let application decide. So, not sure which setting the "fix" is with this. I changed to "performance" but still experience some of the same issues as ARETHORN and others who've posted here.

I guarantee it's a graphics card issue, since I've researched similar problems as this, and other issues such as graphic fallout (black/white blotches, etc experienced with Stray Souls DollHouse Story), and game crash after splash screens, or unable to run/load from the get-go.

The results I found at the graphics card troubleshooting websites all pointed to the fact that various graphics cards 'stumble' with various games...kind-of like a combination of a certain game and graphics card type will most always produce some type of game play stability issue as described with this game and others. If you internet search, you will find very specific combinations of graphics cards with specific games resulting in very specific display issues, without much of a resolution or fix from the graphics card manufacturer. Basically, if you have a combination of a game and graphics card type and it's presenting the specific display/gameplay problem, you most likely will not be able to play the game -of course I'm sure if you're very techie capable you could figure out a work around.

I hope this info may help others find where their problems may be, and to provide a jumping-off point to research it - if you cared to do so. Complaining to BFG and hoping they have a fix or resolution will most likely be in vain; since it's more than likely directly related to a specific combination of graphics card and game.

Go to: