whispering girl

[Post New]by thatbonnielass on Apr 25, 11 1:29 PM
Anyone figure out what the girl is whispering when you select an item in hidden object play? I can't make it out...

Edited on 04/25/2011 at 1:29:45 PM PST

vkacademy
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

Re:whispering girl

[Post New]by vkacademy on Apr 25, 11 1:35 PM
"Sugoi" and "Subarashi" I believe. Seeing as how the creepy attic girl is derived from Sadako of "Ringu" fame, the developers apparently decided to have her whisper in Japanese. "Sugoi" means "great," and "subarashi" is "wonderful." At least, that is what is sounds like to my ears.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Apr 25, 11 1:37 PM
On another thread someone said it sounded like French -- forgot the French word -- but it mean Found.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Apr 25, 11 1:38 PM
Hi there,
In another post Poutoule1 stated "I heard the whisper when you find an object, and thought it said "Trouvé", "Found" in French..."
This is another suggestion.
Cheers

DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

[Post New]by DeadRiver on Apr 25, 11 1:44 PM
Because of minor screw ups in the language in the game I believe it is either of Chinese, Japanese or some other Asian origin. A "mafia" kingpin named "Lung" come on. This might be right out of Chinatown. The graphics are a mix of anime and cartoon.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Apr 25, 11 2:01 PM
Maximize Games is from Indonesia.

I also wondered about the "Lung" name and then realized it was an oriental name.

[Post New]by thatbonnielass on Apr 25, 11 2:19 PM
awesome, thanks! Was driving me batty...

[Post New]by paratao on Apr 28, 11 7:45 PM
"lung" Is an alternative spelling of "long", which means dragon in chinese. Many cliche chinese mafia and kongfu movies use it as family name of the mafia/gang boss.
I quite like the spookiness in the atmosphere and quikiness in the deadpan tone of the narrator. Not being a hardcore player i used immediately hint if cannot find things. I enjoyed the hospital scene a lot and will continue on it today. For me i think this game is quite underrated. It at least gives an alternative choice than those "ce"s which become little by little boring now.

dlcoyte
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by dlcoyte on Sep 21, 11 12:19 PM
Sounds like "Sinful Ways" I turn up the volume but that doesnt make it sound clearer.... annoying as all heck after the 10th HOG....

[Post New]by rosekaufmann on Jul 25, 12 2:41 PM
Isn't she whispering "get away" (in English) for whatever reason?

Go to: