bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Dark Ritual technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Apr 26, 11 12:13 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Dark Ritual technical issues here only

[Post New]by dragonfairy5 on Apr 26, 11 6:03 AM
Yeah, all I get is a blank screen.

[Post New]by boppy3 on Apr 26, 11 9:43 AM
I was wondering if any one has the problem of the game freezing up. I was just getting started and the fountain in front of the mansion in hidden object. I clicked on something and the game froze. I had to do a hard shut down. Any one else?

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Apr 26, 11 11:25 AM
Hey dragonfairy5 and boppy3,

If you haven't already, please check to see if an update for your computer is available as it can sometimes resolve any game freezes or display issues. Here is a help article with those steps:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you're still experiencing the same issues, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) and our reps can definitely help you. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by dragonfairy5 on Apr 26, 11 10:02 PM
If I have to go through all that [removed by moderator] to get a game working then it is not worth my time or money.

Edited on 04/29/2011 at 3:27:58 PM PST

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Apr 27, 11 7:43 PM
Everything was going great until I got to the mannequin - from then on the game has abruptly stopped at least 5 times now. For example, it just crashed when I finished the lock and key puzzle. At least when I restart my progress is saved. I usually have no problems with games, especially from Vogat. It's very odd...

[Post New]by Big_Boi on Apr 28, 11 3:24 PM
When I get out of the elevator in the hospital, there is supposed to be a key to the roof behind the reception desk (on the notice board, I assume). That is what is says in the walkthrough guide.... But when I click on the notice board, all there is, is the note saying "Dr Brown....blah blah" but no sign of a key. Am I looking in the right place or is the key somewhere in there. Anyone having any problems on this part?????

[Post New]by Jaegar_Croft on Apr 29, 11 3:01 PM
We are also having the problem with the roof key gltch, this is a very annoying bug in the game.
I have a feeling this is the end of this game as many people have viewed the roof key bug but no one has answered, not even big fish themselves. So I would not recommend this game to anyone as this was a lot of work to go through just to find out that the game does not even work, and therefore you can not complete the game.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Apr 29, 11 3:35 PM
Hi Fishies,

If you're unable to retrieve the roof key, please make sure that you reinstall the game via your Purchase History as this particular issue is caused by a progression blocker that detects the game was not purchased from Big Fish Games or a licensed affiliate.

All licensed affiliates will redirect you to https://store.bigfishgames.com/cart; if you downloaded the game from a different site, you may have downloaded it from an illegitimate site who has stolen the game from our servers and removed our digital rights software.

If you have reinstalled the game and still cannot progress, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) so that our reps can further assist you with this game. Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by Jaegar_Croft on May 2, 11 3:51 AM
after 4 complete uninstall and reinstall attempts and over 2 hours of time with tech support I have finally got it working, so needless to say that this game is definitely not worth the time it takes to get it to work. After completion I fully uninstalled and would not purchase a game from big fish again. There are too many other companies offering the same type of hidden object games without all the time it takes to get it working.

Oldshark
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Oldshark on May 6, 11 9:49 AM
I have had also technical problems with this game unfortunately, but when I read the posted comments here, I have to say some are really a bit over the top. There is every day a new game, we have a lot of free games, a great service when there is something wrong, where people work, people can make mistakes.

Please give this company more credit, they simple deserve it. I, for example, had a great email exchange with one of the workers of the Customer Support and they are friendly and very helpful. I know they get payed for their job, but that gives nobody the right to be impolite.

The problem with the game is not solved (yet), but I had the drive to write this and to thank all of the men and women of the Big Fish Games Customer Support!

[Post New]by corgi14 on May 9, 11 7:59 AM
I am having trouble at the airport scene I have put the switch on to turn the electricity off at that point the game aborted when I reentered the game I can't use the switch at all so I cannot progress any further. Please can you help. Many Thanks

[Post New]by julcra on May 12, 11 5:29 AM
Like corgi14 my game has just quit when I tried to flick the switch at the airport to turn on the power - when I restarted there is no hotspot on the switch - help, please!

Oldshark
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Oldshark on May 13, 11 3:07 AM
@julcra and @corgi, I had the same problem with the switch and unfortunately it is still not yet solved. So we have to wait till Big Fish Games and the developer do know where it problem is come from.
In the meantime you can report your problem to the Customer Support and maybe they have a nice solution

[Post New]by xchar49x on May 13, 11 2:09 PM
I haven't had any technical issues with Dark Ritual. My problem is the mannequin. I click the mask once, defib 3 times and mask again and it tells me I have not completed it correctly. One of the sights said to click on the sheet to get it from the mannequin.....nothing happens when I click it. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by Dsharalin on May 13, 11 6:11 PM
Having the same problem with the electricity switch at the airport. When I try to switch it off it just doesn't do anything. Very frustrating.

Do we need to report this to customer service if we post it here?

[Post New]by FarmLady on Sep 17, 11 12:06 PM
This is the second big fish game in a row, i have had problems with. I played the game with no problems. got the mannequin working etc. Then the next time i tried to play the game won't load. tried to uninstall it to load again but it says its running. my task manager says it isn't running. what do i do? Also bought spirit soup. played fine till I solved the two skulls. then i couldn't get out of the room. have to reload that one as well. If the next game I buy has a problem I won't be buying anymore.

[Post New]by FarmLady on Sep 18, 11 5:34 AM
Well it looks like i have to restart my computer everytime i want to play dark ritual. I don't think the problem is with my computer because it doesn't happen with any other game.

[Post New]by FarmLady on Sep 18, 11 2:00 PM
okay, so I uninstalled Dark Ritual, now it won't install.

DerpM
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by DerpM on Sep 21, 11 4:03 PM
was able to finish the game by editing the action needed in the DR.sav0 file (user/library/prefrences/Vogat Interactive/Dark Ritual/)

I couldn't (or was not allowed) to pull the switch to shut off the power at the airport tower. Therefor short 1 coin... just change 3 to 4 in the file and move on :p

You can edit other stuff in that file if your stuck.

Edited on 09/21/2011 at 4:06:23 PM PST

Go to: