bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Ritual

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Apr 26, 11 12:13 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Dark Ritual? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Ritual

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Apr 26, 11 12:27 AM
I truly thought this might be a good game. Storyline sounded great and graphics looked good. Then I hit the first hidden object scene. Now mind you, sister has disappeared and couple is going to investigate. There is a hint of ritual involvement, but no solid evidence. So what do we find that might give us a clue? No less than a coin yarn, arrow, bread, letter A, tweezers, deer, soccer ball, heart frame, dice and a feather........ Just the evidence I need to start investigating a crime. Total junk pile. I am really getting tired of HdOs that just add lists of stuff that have nothing to do with the story. I am sorry but I am deleting. Probably could have been a good game. However, I do not need a piece of bread or an arrow to solve a crime.........

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on Apr 26, 11 12:28 AM
I like it. You have to look for things all around the scene and that's great. Story line so-so. ****'s clear.

Rose151
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by Rose151 on Apr 26, 11 12:32 AM
meanbusiness wrote:I truly thought this might be a good game. Storyline sounded great and graphics looked good. Then I hit the first hidden object scene. Now mind you, sister has disappeared and couple is going to investigate. There is a hint of ritual involvement, but no solid evidence. So what do we find that might give us a clue? No less than a coin yarn, arrow, bread, letter A, tweezers, deer, soccer ball, heart frame, dice and a feather........ Just the evidence I need to start investigating a crime. Total junk pile. I am really getting tired of HdOs that just add lists of stuff that have nothing to do with the story. I am sorry but I am deleting. Probably could have been a good game. However, I do not need a piece of bread or an arrow to solve a crime.........

In each **** scene, I found an item to use to forward my investigation. Works for me.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Apr 26, 11 12:35 AM
Another Yogat game. Should be good. After I have played it, I will let you know. I personally like the game. So far, good graphics, good story. No voice, but that really doesn't matter to me especially for a SE. Hurrah! About time we got some good games! Have this week off so I am really looking forward to the great games which are coming out this week.

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on Apr 26, 11 12:37 AM
Not great so far. Not challenging enough; inventory items are obvious and closely placed to the objects they are used with. Also, the cursor irritates me. Deleting after 20 minutes of play.

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on Apr 26, 11 12:43 AM
Wondered why the name was so familiar, I beta tested this game about a month ago. If memory serves me correctly it's nice but a little too easy.

Down loading now.

Jo

swissraven
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by swissraven on Apr 26, 11 12:51 AM
I read several mentions of this game on other forums so I look forward to try it

DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

[Post New]by DeadRiver on Apr 26, 11 12:57 AM
I am so jealous of you guys that are already playing. Mine is only 38% downloaded. I can't wait.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Apr 26, 11 12:58 AM
I played for 30 minutes and I like it very much! I use a couponcode for the game.

Cryssie64
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Cryssie64 on Apr 26, 11 1:00 AM
Based on 30 minutes play.

You know how, sometimes, you start a game and you just know that it's a winner? Well this is just such a game for me. There is just the right level of creepiness for me (my spine tingled as that front door opened! ), it's a creepy theme but not physically a dark game. Objects are, admittedly, junk-piled but they are well hidden, size relevant and look like they're supposed to!

Yes, it's a missing sister, yes, it's a clinical setting, yes, it's a bit 'occulty' and no, I don't know how long it is. But y'know what? I reckon it's well done and for $7, it's a keeper for me!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 26, 11 1:06 AM
orijojo wrote:
Down loading now.
Jo

(Removed by moderator)

Edited on 04/26/2011 at 6:05:31 AM PST

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Apr 26, 11 1:11 AM
A bit disappointing, this debs usually developed great games (Shades of Death, Gravely Silent and Reincarnations)

The story is just so simple, somebody disappears but they just add some Dark Ritual into the game, the graphics are good but I hate the HOG scenes. Sorry but No Buy for me.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Apr 26, 11 1:11 AM
meanbusiness wrote:I truly thought this might be a good game. Storyline sounded great and graphics looked good. Then I hit the first hidden object scene. Now mind you, sister has disappeared and couple is going to investigate. There is a hint of ritual involvement, but no solid evidence. So what do we find that might give us a clue? No less than a coin yarn, arrow, bread, letter A, tweezers, deer, soccer ball, heart frame, dice and a feather........ Just the evidence I need to start investigating a crime. Total junk pile. I am really getting tired of HdOs that just add lists of stuff that have nothing to do with the story. I am sorry but I am deleting. Probably could have been a good game. However, I do not need a piece of bread or an arrow to solve a crime.........

Aren't hidden object scenes in most games full of things unnecessary to the storyline? Apart from FROG's, where you search for parts of the items you need, every one I've played only has one item you actually use in the story. It wouldn't be a hidden object game if there was only one object to find, it would be an adventure game.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 26, 11 1:15 AM
Cryssie64 wrote:Based on 30 minutes play.

You know how, sometimes, you start a game and you just know that it's a winner? Well this is just such a game for me. There is just the right level of creepiness for me (my spine tingled as that front door opened! ), it's a creepy theme but not physically a dark game. Objects are, admittedly, junk-piled but they are well hidden, size relevant and look like they're supposed to!

Yes, it's a missing sister, yes, it's a clinical setting, yes, it's a bit 'occulty' and no, I don't know how long it is. But y'know what? I reckon it's well done and for $7, it's a keeper for me!

Ditto, it's Vogat!

Thanks developers, thanks BF!

DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

[Post New]by DeadRiver on Apr 26, 11 1:17 AM
(Removed by moderator)

Edited on 04/26/2011 at 6:20:55 AM PST

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Apr 26, 11 1:19 AM
I was really looking forward to the game because the developer is Vogat, but somehow it hasn't grabbed me with that "I must finish this game" feeling. I don't yet care about the characters--even the FBI agent who [spoiler alert] disappears into the tunnel of fire with eyes blazing blue, let alone the sister whom I have only seen in visions. I'm not sure I really care about the character I'm playing.

The hidden object scenes are okay, but nothing special, and I haven't had any major problems with the adventure part of the game beyond the usual "what am I supposed to do here" moments. The world should seem weird, but it all feels just sort of mundane.

Maybe I'm just tired tonight, so I'll finish the demo tomorrow, but so far I have little inclination to purchase the game, though I certainly have the credits.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 26, 11 1:20 AM
DeadRiver wrote:(Removed by moderator)

LOL!!! I do, but these "I am downloading" cause me constipation again...

Edited on 04/26/2011 at 6:22:04 AM PST

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on Apr 26, 11 1:23 AM

Thanks DeadRiver!

Jo

paradoxno1
Flounder
Flounder
2,497 Posts

[Post New]by paradoxno1 on Apr 26, 11 1:29 AM
Downloading now at 78 percent

Did you hear about the new movie "Constipation?"...
It hasn't come out yet.

Go to: