[Post New]by gimmegames on Apr 26, 11 12:46 AM
Post 'em if ya got 'em...

Lule68
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

Re:Coffee Rush - DD for 26Apr2011 - Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by Lule68 on Apr 26, 11 1:25 AM
Played 45 minutes and stopped to go buy it.Played perfectly in widescreen on my win7/64. None of the lagging problems I read about.
Gameplay is Match 3. You match ingredients until you have enough to serve the order. If you keep matching after you have enough for the order you can upgrade it to medium, large, king and get more coins. You get tokens depending on how well you did that day and buy more recipes with them. For better matches you get treats to give to the customers to keep them happy. Wouldn't spend a game credit but it's fun enough for a DD.
Only thing I didn't like was the creepy voice of Mr. Smokestack.

vezzettj
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by vezzettj on Apr 26, 11 1:50 AM
This game is a cross between Match 3 and Time Management. The customers place orders and the M3 the ingredints are used to make their coffee. At the end of each level you are taken to the shop to buy new recipies, treats to refill customer patience (the number you have is automatically "refilled" at the start of every level), or upgrade the order bonuses (sandwiches and salads) to recharge faster and / or bring in more money.

If you make M4 and M5 you get bonus "treat" or "coin" icons and when you match those icons the "treat" is given to the customer with the lowest patience or the extra coin is collected for shop purchases. And every 25, 30, and 50 (?) matches, you get (full size) treats or the "coffee rush" bonus on the board. These are NOT matchable tokens, you just click the treats at any time to give extra paticence to the customer with the lowest or "swap" the coffee pot to "gather" both the row and column of ingredients that you swap it to... this includes bonus tokens and treats!

The sandwich and salad order bonuses have to be picked up from the table and placed in the order box... and as soon as you pick them up, they start refilling. So make sure you grab them as soon as they are ready and place them in any order box (the game recommends to give them to the higher tippers first but mine were fully upgraded and I was able to give them to every customer). And then the dounuts, cupcakes and brownies (?) are also on the counter and can be given to customers at any time to soothe them (the game recommends just before you serve them).

The only "problem" I see is that you can not make matches while tokens and "combo" matches are being made... so this becomes a good time to pick up the order bonuses and collect money. I just had to keep reminding myself to stop trying to make the matches... grrrr.

All in all, just like caffine, it is kind of additcting! Give it a try and see for yourself. Oh, and there are three skill level options: normal, double expresso, and quad expresso... so there is some replay there too!

EDIT: sorry on my horrible spelling, really need spell check in these posts...
Note, Mr. Smokestack only speaks in the intro so far and you get to take over his coffee shops so it is all good!

Edited on 04/26/2011 at 2:01:40 AM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Apr 26, 11 2:17 AM
I played the demo hour and bought it. I think I can get my 3 bucks worth out of it...

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Apr 26, 11 4:41 AM

NO BUY for me

Working as a waitress in REAL life during vampire hours; I hear enough complaints as it is because of too many people coming into the restaurant with just myself and 1 cook to serve everyone because no one informed the boss of some event that's going on and so there was no scheduling of more workers to meet the needs of the customers and they have to wait longer than usual.

MEnr56

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Apr 26, 11 9:00 AM
This game is similar to Restaurant Rush, although not as well made, IMO. It is fun. I will buy it, as I need the token for my game card. Also, I have been looking for another TM game. I love them, and I am HOG'ed out. Off to buy and pour myself another cup of coffee.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Apr 26, 11 9:02 AM
Guys, this is seriously one of my most favorite games. I bought it when it first came out and still go back and play it again. Seriously, it's a major deal at $2.99. The second one wasn't as good but this one is a gem.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Apr 26, 11 1:32 PM
I am not necessarily a fan of Match3 games so I found this one a little boring. I thought the storyline behind it sort of cute and interesting. It looked like there were a lot of levels to it. I got through the first three in my hour demo. I never found any of the gameplay to be too difficult and maybe that is why it didn't grab me, but it was interesting enough to complete the who hour demo. I think considering the DD price, if you are a Match3 fan, you will love it.

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Apr 26, 11 2:08 PM
There were parts I liked and parts that were really annoying - I liked the way the match 3 was set up and earning points / coins / then shopping for recipes and "stuff"

I did not like the negative sort of snarky comments from those waiting for coffee
and the good coffee girl was way too perky [too much coffee?? ]

I did like the combos of food - coffee - etc

The story line was cute
but a no buy even at DD because of the voice overs and comments from the characters

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Apr 26, 11 6:54 PM
I've been playing for a few hours now. I agree, I don't like some of the nasty comments that are made by the customers. There was once when there were no matches and I had to restart the level. That really seemed weird to have happen instead of just reshuffling the pieces. I've gotten the super level on every level except one so far. The game does get harder as you go along. Another slightly annoying issue is that when you are increasing the size of the order there is no way of knowing which ingredients are needed to complete the next size up. I've used the game to space out my cleaning and sewing today. When I need to take a break, I play a level. So I am happy that I got the game.

Edit: I finished the game today(29 April 2011). Definitely easier than Restaurant Rush.

Edited on 04/29/2011 at 1:34:18 PM PST

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on May 24, 11 2:01 PM
An interesting M3. I think I played another version of this game about 8-9 months ago. Not a relaxing M3. This is fast paced as you fill the orders for the customers, and lightning bolts are sooo hard to get in later levels. I enjoyed the different characters.

This game is a B.

[Post New]by AnythingQuiet on May 30, 11 12:46 PM
This is a pretty fun matching game, I probably really like it because of the coffee and cafe theme going on here. Not many cafe games on this site, sadly enough.

Though, I do admit, there is a bit of a lag in the game, but not enough to deter from playing the game. But, as you do get to higher levels I've noticed there's a few odd glitches, one involving the "locked" ingrediants, where you can't move them but gotta use the ingrediants around them to do the match, sometimes the locked symbol doesn't appear on the locked ingrediant which isn't much of a bother. But one glitch I have noticed is a bother, where one ingrediant cannot be matched no matter how I try to do the match, then during that level the ingrediant actually vanishes and leaves a blank square that doesn't fill back up. Odd.

I had hoped in this game you would upgrade your coffee recipes, instead of just replacing them with newer coffee recipes. Especially with ones whose ingrediants are harder to get in later levels. If I had known that, I would've held onto the lower coffee recipes and waited till I had enough money to buy maybe one or two of the higher recipes, so it'd be easier to fullfill orders. Because right now, I have maybe three to four customers all asking for the same drink that requires 8 lightning bolts. Those suckers are hard to find.

[Post New]by joanieg2 on Oct 2, 11 11:20 AM
Stuck on Level 45 help!

Go to: