shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Apr 26, 11 2:05 AM
Okay - I wasn't sure if I should post up another of these threads this morning but I see things are already getting a bit tense and testy in the C&R thread. If you want to rant on about the "downloading now" postings or further discuss those "other issues" I was noticing... feel free to do so here.

I am hoping that paradoxno1 will pop in here and give us some more of his "deep thoughts"!! And, as always, waiting for a game overview from our own, infamous and beloved stevieferr!!

DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by DeadRiver on Apr 26, 11 2:08 AM
What is everyone's absolute favorite Hidden Object game? I wanted to like this one, and Silent Scream, and Fallen Shadows. Unfortunately I don't. I like the Puppet Shows and the Mystery Case Files.
Give me some ideas for my next Hidden Object purchases. Thanks.

DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

[Post New]by DeadRiver on Apr 26, 11 2:19 AM
What???? Nobody has any favorites?

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Apr 26, 11 2:25 AM
DeadRiver wrote:What is everyone's absolute favorite Hidden Object game? I wanted to like this one, and Silent Scream, and Fallen Shadows. Unfortunately I don't. I like the Puppet Shows and the Mystery Case Files.
There are so many games I like. This one I like it too: Hallowed Legends: Samhain

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Apr 26, 11 2:32 AM
DeadRiver wrote:What is everyone's absolute favorite Hidden Object game? I wanted to like this one, and Silent Scream, and Fallen Shadows. Unfortunately I don't. I like the Puppet Shows and the Mystery Case Files.

For sheer beauty, Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince is my favourite. Dire Grove is up there too. I don't like the Puppet Show series either but ERS do make some excellent IHOG's.

[Post New]by mrstravis412 on Apr 26, 11 3:06 AM
Vampireville was the unexpected excellent game that captivated me like no other

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Apr 26, 11 3:15 AM
Here is my Chit-Chat about Dark Ritual

Thank you shadowfax44 for once again starting the Chit Chat, Rants and other Comments. I think this kind of thread should be started for every game, and as long as it remains chat about this actual game, it should stay in this forum and not be moved to CCC.

That being said, it took me a long time to dl this particular little morsel, but I'm a bit of a sucker for Vogat Games! I just stopped for a and toast, and will now go back and play the other half of the demo. All we need now is a 'But' or a 'Stevie Says' thread and we'll be right on track!

Oh and a to powdermonkey!

When I have finished I will post my 'comments' regarding this game in the relevant thread, so everyone will be happy but I too am saddened that many of the great reviewers of games no longer post what they think about the games anymore Could it be because of all the negativity that abounds lately?

etr: too many abouts!!

Edited on 04/26/2011 at 3:19:04 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Apr 26, 11 4:30 AM

Hey DeadRiver - I have two problems here. I have so many games I really like! and I am really tired (it is 4:21 a.m. here and I have only slept an hour so far) so my mind is a bit muddled.

A series of games that I really like are all three of the Treasures of Mystery Island games - they are mostly FROGs (fractured object games) but they are very fun and have entertaining stories and not one of the three games plays exactly the same, but they are all good! These are definitely worth checking out.

Another mentioned Vampireville and I heartily second that motion!! I have played that one twice and liked it as much both times - it is a tongue in cheek game that supplies you with many giggles along the way. I sure wish they would put out a sequel one of these days!!

The Midnight Mysteries games are good Edgar Alan Poe Conspiracy & Salem Witch Trials. as are the Dark Tales Edgar Alan Poes games 1- Murder at the Rue Morgue & 2 The Black Cat.

There are so many but here are just a few to get you going!

Say goodnight shadowfax....

[Post New]by heatherington on Apr 26, 11 4:38 AM
Okay, I'm guilty of the "downloading now" posts. So sue me. I have a very small window in the morning because I WORK from 8-5, which apparently some others do not. This is a free country, to a certain extent. We should be allowed to post what we darn well please wherever we darn well please. If people would get on the review part and tell us who the game developer is it would save me a lot of time. There are certain games I will buy no matter what anyone's opinion is. Vogat is one of them. This one smacks of "Elixer of Immortality". I bought it and now off to play.

Edited on 04/26/2011 at 4:40:30 AM PST

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on Apr 26, 11 5:05 AM
High fans lol,Stevies Slot will be up later as not too good today and not long been up had a quick look at the game and has possibilities at least its not a straight to Recycle Bin lol

PowderMonkey
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by PowderMonkey on Apr 26, 11 5:11 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:Okay - I wasn't sure if I should post up another of these threads this morning but I see things are already getting a bit tense and testy in the C&R thread. If you want to rant on about the "downloading now" postings or further discuss those "other issues" I was noticing... feel free to do so here.

I am hoping that paradoxno1 will pop in here and give us some more of his "deep thoughts"!! And, as always, waiting for a game overview from our own, infamous and beloved stevieferr!!

Whoopsie Is it the heat? It's 'awfully' hot here, anyway, and only late April?!
Well, I hope I haven't caused a minor war suggesting this thread, I do however find it nice to have a place to chit-chat about a game - and I have been guilty of comments about 'nothing' in the reviews thread earlier...

A sweaty PM

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Apr 26, 11 5:12 AM
Thanks Shadow for starting this thread. I initially went to read the C&R thread and oh my goodness! But I did find out that it was a Vogat game, which means a Must Definitely Demo when I finish work.

huntington101
Salmon
Salmon
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by huntington101 on Apr 26, 11 5:41 AM
heatherington wrote:Okay, I'm guilty of the "downloading now" posts. So sue me. I have a very small window in the morning because I WORK from 8-5, which apparently some others do not. This is a free country, to a certain extent. We should be allowed to post what we darn well please wherever we darn well please. If people would get on the review part and tell us who the game developer is it would save me a lot of time. There are certain games I will buy no matter what anyone's opinion is. Vogat is one of them. This one smacks of "Elixer of Immortality". I bought it and now off to play.

Now that would be a great treat!

huntington101
Salmon
Salmon
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by huntington101 on Apr 26, 11 5:44 AM
PowderMonkey wrote:
Whoopsie Is it the heat? It's 'awfully' hot here, anyway, and only late April?!Well, I hope I haven't caused a minor war suggesting this thread, I do however find it nice to have a place to chit-chat about a game - and I have been guilty of comments about 'nothing' in the reviews thread earlier...

A sweaty PM

Definitely to %^^%@%$&#@$## hot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 26, 11 6:04 AM
Hello all. I am a 6am to 2 pm worker, so I do not always get the chance to DL and play the TGT until later either like heatherington but I only pop in when I am DL and waiting to play. Some days I work from home, so I get naughty and look at the TGT while I am supposed to be working
So I have come to chat about this game and see what you all have to say. I must go and look at the C & R to see what is happening. Until later,

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Apr 26, 11 6:32 AM
peglegann wrote:Hello all. I am a 6am to 2 pm worker, so I do not always get the chance to DL and play the TGT until later either like heatherington but I only pop in when I am DL and waiting to play. Some days I work from home, so I get naughty and look at the TGT while I am supposed to be working
So I have come to chat about this game and see what you all have to say. I must go and look at the C & R to see what is happening. Until later,
Ann, this is your boss speaking. No money this month.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Apr 26, 11 6:33 AM
AvgSpock wrote:Anybody else have a harder time making up their mind to purchase on the last week of the month?

Do I start a new punch card and not fill it up or wait until next month and hope I can avoid the spoilers until then?
I started yesterday with a new card and have now 2 stamps. There is a CE coming. So I need this week one more game.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Apr 26, 11 6:42 AM

Pure and simple, Dying for Daylight. That has to be the best game EVER.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 26, 11 6:50 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:
peglegann wrote:Hello all. I am a 6am to 2 pm worker, so I do not always get the chance to DL and play the TGT until later either like heatherington but I only pop in when I am DL and waiting to play. Some days I work from home, so I get naughty and look at the TGT while I am supposed to be working

Oh bother! Couldn't SOMEONE have warned me?
Actually Boss, it wasn't me that posted, that it was stevie or shadowfax or even PowderMonkey under my profile
BTW it is AFTER 2pm in the UK!
This game was worth my time DL and I think that it may be a keeper. I need some extra salary though for new sneakers please

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Apr 26, 11 7:12 AM
peglegann wrote:
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:

Oh bother! Couldn't SOMEONE have warned me?
Actually Boss, it wasn't me that posted, that it was stevie or shadowfax or even PowderMonkey under my profile
BTW it is AFTER 2pm in the UK!
This game was worth my time DL and I think that it may be a keeper. I need some extra salary though for new sneakers please
Oke, you get a pair of new sneakers. I am a weak person, but you know that.

Go to: