bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Post any The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Apr 26, 11 1:24 PM
If you are having problems getting The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct common issues in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

csmith116
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

Re:Post any The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship technical issues here only

[Post New]by csmith116 on Apr 29, 11 7:55 AM
I too was stuck at the clock without being able to release the hands without escaping the game. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game which brought me back to finding the clock hands. Memory sucks so I have traveled to find the other hand. When I click on the hint button it does not respond but does go down to refill later. I did this a few times in different locations. Please help me through this issue.
Thanks
Bessie Mae

Re:Post any The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship technical issues here only

[Post New]by kayblaze on May 1, 11 9:52 AM
I am stuck getting the water valve out of the mailbox. After I used the screwdriver to open it I can only see the letter, it will not let me click anywhere else and if I close the letter the mailbox is closed again.

1wil2
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by 1wil2 on May 2, 11 1:04 PM
csmith116 wrote:I too was stuck at the clock without being able to release the hands without escaping the game. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game which brought me back to finding the clock hands. Memory sucks so I have traveled to find the other hand. When I click on the hint button it does not respond but does go down to refill later. I did this a few times in different locations. Please help me through this issue.
Thanks
Bessie Mae

I am stuck with the same problem will try uninstalling as you suggest but what a todo

muonquark
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by muonquark on May 12, 11 8:07 PM
kayblaze wrote:I am stuck getting the water valve out of the mailbox. After I used the screwdriver to open it I can only see the letter, it will not let me click anywhere else and if I close the letter the mailbox is closed again.

Me too. Anyone got any suggestions?
Thanks.

EDIT to add: Ok, for those who are stuck here, I found a workaround. Even though you can't see the last piece of the valve, it is there in the upper right portion of the mailbox. When you zoom into the mailbox, click in the upper right corner until you find the last piece. It might take a few tries and you might also wind up opening the letter but I finally was able to click on the last piece of the valve through the mailbox. Did I explain this right?

Edited on 05/13/2011 at 5:54:18 AM PST

[Post New]by Bamagramma on Jun 9, 11 4:36 PM
muonquark wrote:
kayblaze wrote:I am stuck getting the water valve out of the mailbox. After I used the screwdriver to open it I can only see the letter, it will not let me click anywhere else and if I close the letter the mailbox is closed again.

Me too. Anyone got any suggestions?
Thanks.

EDIT to add: Ok, for those who are stuck here, I found a workaround. Even though you can't see the last piece of the valve, it is there in the upper right portion of the mailbox. When you zoom into the mailbox, click in the upper right corner until you find the last piece. It might take a few tries and you might also wind up opening the letter but I finally was able to click on the last piece of the valve through the mailbox. Did I explain this right?

When I try to do that I am not allowed to point in the mail box it keeps opening the eye and thus opening up the letter only. So, what am I doing wrong. I can't finish this and have been looking for an answer for a week. Helppppppp. Anyone.

Edited on 06/09/2011 at 4:39:21 PM PST

Clay8720
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by Clay8720 on Aug 20, 11 9:49 AM
csmith116 wrote:I too was stuck at the clock without being able to release the hands without escaping the game. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game which brought me back to finding the clock hands. Memory sucks so I have traveled to find the other hand. When I click on the hint button it does not respond but does go down to refill later. I did this a few times in different locations. Please help me through this issue.
Thanks
Bessie Mae

Just downloaded and activated the game on 8/19, this issue is still in the game. I put the clock hands on the clock, but the game will not allow me to set the time or do anything with it. There is a BUG here and it needs to be corrected as this should not be happening. I also tried uninstalling and re-installing, the hands are nowhere to be found, they are still on the clock, but the game says the clock is still missing its hands, but it isn't.

There needs to be a newer update than April 2011 for this game, it's now August 2011 and this issue is still in the game and seems to have been in it since April, 4 months and no one else has had this issue with this game? There's a definite glitch here. I can't go any further in the game because of this bug.

Edited on 08/20/2011 at 9:50:15 AM PST

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Sep 1, 11 5:29 PM
Please BIG FISH I JUST BOUGHT THIS GAME AND AM STUCK AT THE CLOCK LIKE EVERYONE IS? WOW STILL NO RESOLVE SINCE APRIL ON THIS ISSUE??IT IS SEPTEMBER NOW! I INSTALLED THEN UNINSTALLED AND STILL NOT HELPING HINT WILL NOT WORK AND IT GOES DIRECTLY BACK TO CLOCK AND I FOUND BOTH HANDS AND FACE AND IT WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO SET TIME!! HELP!!!! HOPE TO SEE A REPLY FROM BF SOON!!

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Sep 3, 11 10:27 AM
BF I STILL HAVE NOT GOT A RESPONSE ON THE CLOCK ISSUE AND IT LOOKS LIKE OTHERS HAVE SAME PROBLEM,I HAVE UNINSTALLED,INSTALLED AND STILL GOES TO CLOCK AND NO HANDS AND THE HINT BUTTON DOES NOT WORK!! HELP OR CAN I HAVE MY CREDIT BACK!!

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Sep 6, 11 8:48 PM
bf this is my 3rd post for help with this game and still NO help!! and I used a credit and I would like it back as you have NOT fixed the resolution to the problem with the clock!! Please respond to my reply as like I said it is my 3rd post and you even sent me a customer support feedback without fixing it! lol... SO PLEASE GIVE ME MY CREDIT BACK!! HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON!!

[Post New]by tytybird123 on Nov 18, 11 3:28 AM
[b]I too can not finish the clock hands part of game...and it is now NOVEMBER so come on bfg fix this please

fancyfish
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by fancyfish on Jul 6, 12 1:18 PM
i would also like my free game for punch card fill up coupon back as I'm having the same mailbox/ can't get past letter to get to valve glitch =/

WitchK
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by WitchK on Dec 9, 12 2:07 PM
I was in the temple and had to push the brick a certain way to gt the skull to pop up. I pushed the bricks in the right order from top to bottom ; 2 4 1 3 and nothing happens. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and had the same problem. Since I cannot play it I wasted my money and am not too happy right now. If you can help me with this problem I wold appreciate it. Thank you,

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 9, 12 4:36 PM
Hi WitchK,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with this game as well!

Since uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can see what else may be going on and work with you directly to get things resolved.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 12/09/2012 at 4:36:57 PM PST

[Post New]by Quixote52 on Jul 18, 13 2:28 PM
I am stuck picking up the water symbol in the ice cave. Rebooted iPhone, reinstalled game 3 times and re-set progress once. Any tricks or is it broken?

[Post New]by b4davis on Jul 20, 13 11:33 AM
I'm nearing the end of the game. At the construction site I'm supposed to search for pieces of a water hose. I can see the pieces, but I cannot retrieve them as the hose is not listed in the items to find box.

[Post New]by b4davis on Jul 20, 13 3:36 PM
Figured out the hose issue. You first have to go back to the foundry, put the wheel on the frame and sharpen the axe. Then go to the steam room and cut the ropes on the valve wheel on upper left. Put the valve on the tank and turn it. The hose should then appear in the list of items to find at the construction site.

Gussie3319
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Gussie3319 on Dec 10, 13 11:54 AM
I down-loaded the MAC version of this game today - but my cursor freezes - as does the entire game, after several minutes. I am forced to re-boot my computer, and can play for several minuted and advance into the game only a little, before the cursor freezes again. This has happened four times in a row now.

I have a Macbook Pro 10.6.8 and have NO problems with any other game - what's the deal here?

I would love to purchase this game, but I would like to be able to play it!!!

HELP!

[Post New]by smith54sandy on Dec 11, 13 2:28 PM
Gussie,

Same thing here. I also have the Mac and never other problems. bought it anyway with a coupon but totally frustrating since I can only play it for 10-15 minutes max before I have to shut it down. Not my computer that's the problem. Too bad it is a fun game when it works.

scs2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by scs2 on Dec 12, 13 9:08 AM
Cursor freezes for me, too, after about 4 minutes. MacBook Air OSX10.9

Go to: