Margi
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

I'm stuck on a level...

[Post New]by Margi on Apr 26, 11 5:33 PM
I'm stuck on the level that has as its goal to get 18 cards in a row...think it is level 8. I must have played the level at least 10 times and seldom can I get more than 6 or 7 cards in a row. I have, in another level, gotten as many as 25 cards. Help!

Re:I'm stuck on a level...

[Post New]by littlecaplin on Apr 27, 11 4:13 AM
me too margi........seems like an impossible feat!!

indybabs
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by indybabs on May 2, 11 6:22 PM
the easiest way I found to do the long series is at the end of each hand to buy some extra cards, as many as I can, to be able to use to keep the series going.

[Post New]by seasidegranny on May 3, 11 6:55 PM
I DID WHAT INDYBABS SAID TO DO. GET AS MANY WILD CARDS AS YOU CAN AND USE THEM TO BUILD YOUR SEQUENCE.

NOW ME! I'M STUCK ON LEVEL 12. CAN'T UNDERSTAND HOW YOU CAN GET 12,000 POINTS WITH ONLY 10 STAGES IN THE LEVEL. I'M REALLY BAD AT MATH, BUT THIS DOESN'T SEEM POSSIBLE. EVEN WITH WILD CARDS, WHICH I AM USING UP LIKE CRAZY!

James_Kit
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by James_Kit on May 4, 11 4:53 AM
To score a lot of points you need perfects with high multiplier value.

Do you have upgrades? Buy upgrade that lets you do x7 multiplier and the one that makes your multiplier start a bit full (so it's x1.3 instead of x1.0). Also, buy extra deck cards and wild cards. Perfect combined with high multiplier can earn you 3000-5000 points in a single hand.

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on May 4, 11 5:34 AM
I hear ya seasidegranny!! I'm currently stuck on Level 17, buying and using wild cards like crazy!
I've upgraded to the x5 multiplier and want to upgrade again to the x7. I can't seem to accumulate enough points to do this. Most likely 'cause I'm constantly buying wild cards!!!
@James Kit--thanks for the tip!

edited: nope, I haven't upgraded to the x5 multiplier. I upgraded to the 5% bonus on total points.

Edited on 05/04/2011 at 5:48:52 AM PST

bbz53
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by bbz53 on Jun 7, 11 8:16 AM
I've managed to complete the game twice now, and the key seems to be the 65,000 coin vitality power-up plus stocking up on wild cards. It's tempting to use the wild cards to complete the "easier" levels, but avoid that - go into the 18 and up card levels with at least 8 (preferably more) wild cards and wait for a good layout to make your run. Remember how to use the wild cards - after you've used all the playable cards on the layout, look for another run you can start with one of your wild cards. I have made a series of runs this way, up to 40. A lot depends on waiting for a good layout.
I've tried playing with the vitality power-up (65,000) and the +7 power-up (75,000), and I've found the vitality more useful. The +7 is nice, but it's sometimes hard to fill the necklace to get it. The vitality one gives you a head start at getting the necklace full. A bunch of +4 bonuses adds up to more than a few +7 ones rapidly.

Go to: