textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Comments and Reviews for Amanda Rose: The Game of Time

[Post New]by textrekkie on Apr 27, 11 12:14 AM
Developer: Renergy

Since many of you have said you would like to know who the developer is straight away and since I just happened to be here at this unbelievable hour of the morning, I thought I would surprise you. Hope you enjoy. (Note: It is published by the same people who did The Treasures of Mystery Island - Starts with an "A")

Edited on 04/27/2011 at 12:34:08 AM PST

Re:Comments and Reviews for Amanda Rose: The Game of Time

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Apr 27, 11 12:24 AM
I beta this game and I found it a very nice game. It was only 1 hour so I can not say anything else. This game is a buy for me.

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Apr 27, 11 12:33 AM
Hi fishies,

This thread will now be stickied for your convenience !

We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Apr 27, 11 12:36 AM
This looks like a "keeper" for me - or it will be when I get the money (had to put new tires on the kids' car....) The graphics are hard to explain. They are sharp and clear, but have a cartoon-y feeling. When you get to the bedroom scene (I think that's the second one) you will be shocked at how realistic the bedroom furniture looks - you can almost smell the "new furniture" pinewood scent.

Options are Music, Sound, and Ambient Effects sliders, plus check boxes for Curtom Cursor, Fullscreen, and Widescreen. WHen I opened the game it had black bands on either side - but I clicked on the widescreen and it completely filled my screen.

Yes, it's a missing Dad again, but with the twist that you know from the start he's OK, you just don't know where he is. The object lists I've seen so far are pictures, not words, and there was quite a bit of interaction required in the first few scenes.

Going back to finish the demo - have fun, fishies! This is a good one to try if you have punch credits burning a hole in your pocket!

Edited on 04/27/2011 at 12:39:18 AM PST

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Apr 27, 11 12:56 AM
Nice game...

The animation is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!. The mini games are original and just difficult enough. The mystery isn't a violent twist of craziness...

I would say my only two complaints are...a) the dialogue is tedious b) the chapters are short...I have just finished the demo and from the walkthrough I am halfway through...

Beautiful game though...Great job devs!

Edited on 04/27/2011 at 9:37:27 AM PST

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Apr 27, 11 12:59 AM
I feel like all my reviews/comments end up negative but its really sarcasm n you just can't tell because its the computer I was really excited when it wasn't an evil theme because I've been kind of bored by them recently but I find this one to be way too easy so Im disappointed. Its a "find your lost father" game BUT it tells you in advance that he is okay n just to go there & you'll understand it in time so you go to Arizona & look for him. Its one of those games that shows you the exact object you are looking for in black & white & they are so easy to spot that it just makes the game appear to be really short. I didn't look at the walkthrough but I played 20 minutes & already made it to chapter 5. There are no voiceovers but lots of dialogue. You can skip it but for demos I try to read the story to make it more interesting but the story just did not grab me. I was willing to overlook the missing father theme for a game that was new but this just isn't the one for me. Also, the tasks it had you do were really easy as well. Everything for the puzzles & hidden objects were in the same room at least in the chapters I played so there was no "what do i do" or "where does this go". I felt like this game would be better suited for children or people who are new to hidden object games but to each their own. Happy gaming Im still waiting for that game that will just WOW me

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Apr 27, 11 1:08 AM
I don't like the game at first cuz the graphics aren't so great and I don't personally like FROG. The game seems to get better and better so did the graphics too. When I finished the demo I really like it, the first FROG I enjoy and loved. Another SV buy for me!

4/5 Stars

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Apr 27, 11 1:19 AM
When I first started playing I got an Access Violation (please see my comment in the Tech Prob thread) but appears to be working fine now. If anyone has the same problem try using the system cursor and see if it makes a difference.

The game has nice clear graphics but there is quite a bit of clicking through the dialogue and I think the start of the game would have been better with voiceovers.

The game did not save my progress when it crashed, I had to replay from the beginning of the chapter.

Will add more when I get to play more of the game later.

Cherb

ETA ...

Well I went back and found that the game had saved my progress this time so that made me happy . I then managed to play to the end of the demo time with no more problems whatsoever .

I quite liked the game and will be buying but, as the chapters are quite short, I will probably wait for it to be a DD unless I need a game to fill a punchcard next month.

Edited on 04/27/2011 at 1:03:01 PM PST

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Apr 27, 11 1:24 AM
I like it,it is a sweet easy fun game.The cartoony graphics are pleasant, hint recharge quickly.Items are drawn rather than written.Dont be put off by another missing dad, i am enjoying it and have just purchased.enjoy fishies..

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Apr 27, 11 1:25 AM
This is a nice game with a good storyline. However, I dont like its playability for me. I dont like Locked items in the Find List. Its confusing as to what i can use or not use at a particular time. I dont like confusion or even to think sometimes. Happy gaming. Sometime Easy is Hard. LOL.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Apr 27, 11 1:33 AM
This is a nice game. The graphics are great! It does move a little slow. It's nice to see a story that's not on the dark side. We have seen this story before, father disappears and the daughter goes looking for him. Widescreen is very important.The hint loads quickly enough. It's worth a download and a try. Do I think everyone will like it? No, but I think many will. It's a buy for me.

I'd rate this: PIGLET
PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog. For true lover's of these types of games
‘ ‘
(o)

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 27, 11 2:02 AM
Very very good graphics - my old eyes could see the tiny objects!!!

Renergy tried to be original, and succeeded! Usually, you search the objects by color and by shape. This time you have to search for the objects only by shape, and you get the object colored. It's much more difficult to search for objects only by shape.

The hints recharge quickly, good for "blind cows" like me...

The plot is intriguing, and holds your interest. Doesn't matter if it's dad, or brother, or daughter - the matter is, how do you hold the interest of the "reader", er...player.

(Removed by moderator) put it's patronizing logo on this game, and I trust them to be good patrons...

Thanks developers, thanks BF!

Edited on 04/27/2011 at 8:20:44 AM PST

gmmace
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by gmmace on Apr 27, 11 2:22 AM
*Spoiler Alert*
I beta tested this game, so I started the demo at chapter 5. I like the overall look of the game, though I find the different hidden object list menus a little confusing. Even using the hint button is a little unusual, the first time I used it, I didn't realize you had to click the item you were looking for. It seemed like it didn't do anything but gray out the scene. I probably would have considered buying it, but with my beta testing and the demo, I made it all the way through to chapter 12, so I'm too close to the end to waste a credit for only three more chapters.
On a completely different note, does anyone else get stressed when you have to rescue/save an animal in these games? Yeah, I know it's just a game, but being a crazy animal lover, I was worried that my demo would run out before I could "save" the dog. Same went for rescuing the cat out of the storm drain in "Silent Scream."

Edited on 04/27/2011 at 2:28:14 AM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Apr 27, 11 2:22 AM
Short and easy, now yer talking. Not sure about sweet unless just lite entertainment. Whoever is lost to be found doesn't even matter anymore since I am usually that gets lost in long adventures and game doesn't look for me or notice.

Graphics sound interesting, except not wild about frogs, but if visible okay. I think sometimes it is easier to look for shapes than word clues, right brain thing. I'd just like a new game, fresh look, that I can play start to finish before dozing off somewhere.

Thanks for filling in details. OH, will try first on widescreen laptop. If then on pc, games look bigger on reg monitor without bars.

Casual with sparklies? No carpal? Lots of points for that

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Apr 27, 11 2:24 AM
Played as far as I could stand it before having to exit, otherwise I'd have asked the bank robbers to shoot me and put me out of my misery. Nice enough graphics but far too much yapping, doing tasks that were totally superfluous to the story and if I wanted some smart-alec woman sitting in the corner nodding or shaking her head depending on what I do, I'd go back to school. Felt like saying 'if you're so smart, why do you need my help'

No thankyou; I'll replay yesterday's game which was really enjoyable and wait hopefully for the CE tomorrow of something less irritating!

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Apr 27, 11 2:31 AM
big download, but i played 23 min. and i am already in chapt. 4,
checked the walktrough and there are only 15 chapters, so looks to me i can finish it in less than 2 hours
Cisca

maddee51
Clownfish
Clownfish
689 Posts

[Post New]by maddee51 on Apr 27, 11 3:36 AM
Graphics beautiful music ok (I more or less switch it off anyway) usual storyline missing someone but they (the missing person) are ok

The interaction is a little irritating but you can skip through it I would've liked something (voices?) a little less naive... although I suppose it's cheaper this way.

I loved the mini games and they were just about right for me

(Removed by moderator) release so 3/5 for me

Overall a simple H0G game beautifully done - yesterdays game gave me the creeps I think I'll use my punchcard on this in May

Edited on 04/27/2011 at 8:36:53 AM PST

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Apr 27, 11 3:43 AM
Comments:

Once I understood it, I thought that the game had a very good interface but, I think the most difficult part of the game for me was figuring out the controls. It’s not that it’s complicated it’s just a little different. It took me a bit to realize that I had to toggle the inventory button to get back to the list. That small bit of info wasn’t included in the tutorial, unless I missed it. I also found that some scenes were extended with arrows later even though it was not mentioned either.

Something else that took some adjusting to for me was the back button being located on the top of the screen. I am used to it being on the bottom. It's easier to use there.

I didn’t see any sparkles. I only remember areas having a glow when sweeping onto them if there was an interaction required. This was timed not to happen while finding objects. There seemed to be a definite order that things had to be done in. You don’t have to travel much. Each chapter is limited to a couple of scenes at most.

After figuring out all that, playing the game was on the easier side for me. The puzzles are okay but not too difficult. There are some small objects but there are no penalties for misclicks. Combining objects was as simple as selecting one in inventory and putting it on top of the other. What a breeze! The hint button is very helpful and will guide you in whatever way is needed. You do have to remember to click on which item that you would like help with though. Oddly, even if there is only one item, you still have to do this. It will both help you locate an item or direct you what to do with it.

The game is not really very challenging for me to play but, I still liked it. I do think it will be short, though. Like anywhere up to 3hrs total based on how far I got in the trial.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Apr 27, 11 3:57 AM
I found the beautiful, crystal clear graphics to be very easy on tired eyes . The music was nice and unobtrusive and choice of cursor rates with me! I guess the Devs finally decided drawing us a picture was easier than trying to find "names" for things that everyone could understand (roflol) Whatever, it made a nice change of pace. All in all I found it fun! It's a buy for me . I had no Tech. problems with the d/l or the game but urge all to try it for themselves as pcs, like Fishies, differ! Thanks to all for the reviews and comments Also, thanks to (Removed by moderator)/Renergy for the game and for bringing it to the Pond!

Edited on 04/27/2011 at 8:39:11 AM PST

[Post New]by heatherington on Apr 27, 11 4:39 AM
This is an (Removed by moderator), so of course it makes it an auto buy in my book. Not interested in dialogue or tutorials, but some people might be and probably are, so you should keep that up. The cup disappeared? Shame on you (Removed by moderator), too remedial, even for you. Lose the sparkling notebooks! I’m tired of those things. If I want to read it I will at my own good time. Seems I always have to work! LOL Music is okay, most of the time I cannot listen to it anyway, since I live with other people, usually a snoring husband. I LOVE this game because it is not about evil spirits or entity’s trying to do me harm, which I ignore for the most part anyway. I love the clean rooms without spiders. I only played 15 minutes so far, but I am going to go buy it. My 77-year-old mother will thank you for not having evil spirits, I’m sure she will like this game. Off to buy! Thanks Big Fish for picking it up.

Edited on 04/27/2011 at 8:40:53 AM PST

Go to: