bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Amanda Rose: The Game of Time technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Apr 27, 11 12:32 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Re:Post any Amanda Rose: The Game of Time technical issues here only

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Apr 27, 11 1:12 AM
When the game started I clicked on the Options to see what was available and was surprised to see that the Custom Cursor wasn't ticked so I ticked it and started playing using it. Just before the end of Chapter 1 the game crashed and I got:

Error: Access Violation at 0x0063524A (tried to read from 0x06D15000) program terminated.

Restarted the game and unticked the Custom Cursor and used the system one and I am now up to Chapter 3. I do not have time to continue the demo now but will report back if the game crashes again when I recommence playing.

Cherb

ETA ...

No more problems encountered during the rest of the hour's demo.

Edited on 04/27/2011 at 1:06:03 PM PST

[Post New]by angeleyesofhope1 on Apr 27, 11 1:59 AM
The game downloaded fine but when I clicked on the game to start playing, nothing would load. There was no error message or anything. It just would not load. Uninstalled it and then redownloaded it and the same problem with it not loading.

Indy72
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Indy72 on Apr 27, 11 2:11 AM
I downloaded the demo, but can't play the game at all. I get the BF logo and the Alawar/renergy logo's. Then i get the game logo, but before it gets the chance to load the game i get an error message first and then the game shuts itselfs down and i get an message that the program is not working correctly anymore and i have to close the program.
I've already uninstalled/reinstalled Adobe Flash Player and Shockwave Player, but that doesn't help.
Please help, cause this game looks really fun to me.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 27, 11 2:16 AM
angeleyesofhope1 wrote:The game downloaded fine but when I clicked on the game to start playing, nothing would load. There was no error message or anything. It just would not load. Uninstalled it and then redownloaded it and the same problem with it not loading.

Same here! But when I changed the DPI to medium, it worked without problems (Windows 7, Home edition, 32 bit).

Right-click on the desktop, choose "personalize", the on left - "display", and choose medium font. Log out, then log in. The game should work.

Indy72
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Indy72 on Apr 27, 11 2:49 AM
Same here! But when I changed the DPI to medium, it worked without problems (Windows 7, Home edition, 32 bit).

Right-click on the desktop, choose "personalize", the on left - "display", and choose medium font. Log out, then log in. The game should work.

Too bad. I tried this, but it didn't work for me

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Apr 27, 11 3:12 AM
Indy72 wrote:Same here! But when I changed the DPI to medium, it worked without problems (Windows 7, Home edition, 32 bit).

Too bad. I tried this, but it didn't work for me

Same problem here...........just won't work

gill53
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by gill53 on Apr 27, 11 9:10 AM
In chapter 5 I need to get the horseshoe mold but nothing happens when I try to do the puzzle I have looked at the walkthrough done what they say but nothing happens
is there a fix for this also I cannot seem to start the game from the beginning to try again

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Apr 27, 11 10:56 AM
The game will also not open for me. It downloaded fine but will not open I have restarted my computer twice to try again but no luck. I have Vista. I have uninstalled. Maybe I'll try to re-install and see if it will work.

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Apr 27, 11 11:11 AM
I did try installing again. Still. won't work. Very disappointing as it sounds like something I would have enjoyed. BTW there were no error messages just wouldn't work.

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Apr 27, 11 1:46 PM
Hi!

I bought the game, played it all the way through, and LOVED it! The only technical glitch I experienced came at the end of chapter 11 "Indian Locket Part 2" and right before the start of Chapter 12 "The Abandonned Mine". As my computer was just on the brink of starting to load up Chapter 12, an ERROR message was received and crashed the program. I think it may have been the same ERROR message that Chereb wrote about in her first posting in this thread (the numbers were too long and didn't stay on the screen long enough for me to jot them down). I just restarted it. It automatically started right off from where I had just been and I finished the game without any more problems.

GREAT GAME! Especially loved the quotes from Einstein.

Rainbow Explorer

lsteiner
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by lsteiner on Apr 27, 11 9:04 PM
Strangest problem ever!! part of the page was pure white. When I went to "task Manager" some of the picture would return. But it kept happening. Shame because I'm pretty sure I would have purchased this one.

hollyodie
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by hollyodie on Apr 27, 11 10:27 PM
angeleyesofhope1 wrote:The game downloaded fine but when I clicked on the game to start playing, nothing would load. There was no error message or anything. It just would not load. Uninstalled it and then redownloaded it and the same problem with it not loading.

I had the same problem. I even tried downloading it from another site (shhhhhhh, don't tell) and it wouldn't work there, either. I'd really like to try the game but guess we'll have to wait for a fix.

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on Apr 28, 11 4:41 AM
hollyodie wrote:

I had the same problem. I even tried downloading it from another site (shhhhhhh, don't tell) and it wouldn't work there, either. I'd really like to try the game but guess we'll have to wait for a fix.

The exact same thing happened to me...

beckx020
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by beckx020 on Apr 28, 11 7:10 AM
Me Too. Blinked a window on the screen and then nothing. Won't load.

pegod
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by pegod on Apr 28, 11 7:52 AM
This game won't open. It downloaded just fine but when I click play I get a blink of black screen and then nothing. I have Windows 7 32 bit so why won't it work?

[Post New]by flintlock on Apr 28, 11 8:51 AM
cherbtoo wrote:When the game started I clicked on the Options to see what was available and was surprised to see that the Custom Cursor wasn't ticked so I ticked it and started playing using it. Just before the end of Chapter 1 the game crashed and I got:

Error: Access Violation at 0x0063524A (tried to read from 0x06D15000) program terminated.

Restarted the game and unticked the Custom Cursor and used the system one and I am now up to Chapter 3. I do not have time to continue the demo now but will report back if the game crashes again when I recommence playing.

Cherb

ETA ...

No more problems encountered during the rest of the hour's demo.

[Post New]by flintlock on Apr 28, 11 8:54 AM
how did you change the curser? i got the same error message but then the screen goes black and i dont have anything. theres no play or options thanks flintlock

userfree
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by userfree on Apr 28, 11 11:10 AM
Chapter 6 to assemble the schematic; had difficult time trying to pick up the torn pieces so when time enabled, I hit the skip button. Now the crate is blinking and I am unable to move any of the pieces and, of course, the picture is still in pieces even tho I skipped the puzzle. Any suggestions? Thanks!

phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by phisherman on Apr 28, 11 12:20 PM
Same here. Game will not open.

Go to: