shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Apr 27, 11 12:54 AM
Good morning fellow game groupies. Let the free-for-all begin.

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Apr 27, 11 1:03 AM
I like this separating out the reviews from the rants, chit-chat etc! I'm not going to rant but rather comment on the nice run of games we've been having!! Yay!!!!
Thanks to BF and the devs

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Apr 27, 11 1:13 AM
Hi there Shadowfax.
Thought you were going to be too late before the fun began - just as well you're a night owl!!
Well, I have finished the download and blow me down, the game already knew my name. I thought the game sounded familiar, but had forgotten that I had a taste of this elsewhere! I checked my "tried it" log, and sure enough I had it down as a nice light diversion and thought I would wait to see if it came here.
Well, it has but I need the WT to gauge the length!!! (I did seem to get through a number of chapters on the first try).
I have started the game all over again to see how far I could get in almost an hour and got to the same point (grey matter not conducive to storing all details of past game play.)
Waiting to see others' impressions.
Cheers

33tlc
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

Game Length

[Post New]by 33tlc on Apr 27, 11 1:37 AM
Hi all,
I too am curious about the length of this game. I could only play for half an hour, and I am already up to chapter 5. I don't consider myself to be any kind of speed demon.... I'm not one of those that finishes a game in 6.93 nanoseconds.
Perhaps there is a lot of chapters, or maybe they get longer as the game goes on, I don't know.
Does anyone have any idea how many chapters the game has?

fstar
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by fstar on Apr 27, 11 1:52 AM
That's what I should be doing a "TRIED IT LOG" Same thing happened to me went to start the game and there was my name. Didn't remember playing it before. I continued where I had left off before (I guess, I don't remember) it was at chapter 7. I finished up the chapter vaguely remembered the game so I started it again w/new profile. Each chapter looked familiar as I played it. I got to chapter 6 again.
It's an okay game not sure if I'm buying it though.

The graphics are amazing, nothings blurry at all. The talking (reading) part I didn't like but you could hit the next button and go thru it pretty fast.

I just looked at the WT and i'm about halfway thru. I didn't like the game enough to be buying it after all there's not enough game play left. If it was a game I really really liked then I'd buy it the length wouldn't bother me as much..

fstar
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by fstar on Apr 27, 11 1:57 AM
Wow, I'm a Lobster. I hated what the other creature I was before this looked like. I don't even remember what it was called.

Wouldn't it be neat if we could post a pic of ourselves in our profile ? This way you could put a human face to the fish face.

DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

[Post New]by DeadRiver on Apr 27, 11 2:01 AM
I wish I could have remained a seahorse instead of this foolish limp starfish that looks like a purple gumby.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Apr 27, 11 2:04 AM
sillystuff wrote:
fstar wrote:Wow, I'm a Lobster. I hated what the other creature I was before this looked like. I don't even remember what it was called.

Wouldn't it be neat if we could post a pic of ourselves in our profile ? This way you could put a human face to the fish face.

and scare the living daylights out the poor other fishies

I would really enjoy that especially in games that are nasty to Dragons!!!
PS I would really like to be a leafy sea-dragon if we could choose an identity of our own that still had the fishy theme.They are real and beautifully serene. Don't need a facelift!!
Cheers

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Apr 27, 11 2:07 AM
DeadRiver wrote:I wish I could have remained a seahorse instead of this foolish limp starfish that looks like a purple gumby.

Oh, don't denigrate yourself, I loved Gumby and Pokey (when my son was little). Besides, you will be something else very soon.
I hope your download has finished!!
Cheers

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 27, 11 2:09 AM
... I am downloading...

Happy gaming fishies! I was astonished not to see the "downloading report" in the main discussion, and had the full pleasure to read the witty comments and reviews.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Apr 27, 11 2:56 AM
Morning All - well, I've been reading the review thread, and altho this seems long at 15 chapters, everyone seems to be whizzing through it at an astounding rate! My own dl is taking forever, been doing it since 9.15am it's now nearly 11am and it's only at 61%!!

Looks as though it's going to be a rather 'light' game after yesterday's fun fest.

Kel

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Apr 27, 11 3:19 AM
Love this thread! Also, I am so pleased that BFG has this game! It was released on another site a few weeks ago, and had good reviews. I had thought of buying it then, but got too busy with work projects. I am so glad that I waited, now it is here on BFG and I can get punch card credits. But wait, ...oh no, I don't want to start a new card with just one punch, May 1 is just around the corner! Decisions, decisions, decisions....

fstar
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by fstar on Apr 27, 11 3:20 AM
Is it because you're not in the states that the download is taking so long? It took me less then 5 minutes to d/l, install & start playing.

I liked being the limp little star fish It went rather well with my name & then I morphed into some ugly little thing that looked like it slithered out from a seashell. But now I'm a lobster which is better. Just don't be bringing me any butter.

I can't wait for for the new Snark Busters.

Edited on 04/27/2011 at 3:21:35 AM PST

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Apr 27, 11 3:38 AM
Hi fstar - probably, I'm in the UK, and here it also depends on how far away from the 'exchange' you live as well. We're a bit behind times over here, and as I'm in a rural area, that also accounts for slow downloads. At least it's Broadband, and not Dial up! that would take a week!

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Apr 27, 11 3:40 AM
Is the girl in the game wearing a cowboy hat? I'm not sure why, but women in cowboy hats bug me. Probably all those horrible "glam" photos from the 90s.

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by tillybaby on Apr 27, 11 3:45 AM
Well although the graphics are beautiful yet again the game is finished, I'm by no means a fast gamer but this game must be the shortest yet, about 90 mins or maybe two hours from start to finish, thank goodness I used a punch card credit on it,

I didn't find any hitches or bugs though so that was good.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Apr 27, 11 3:45 AM
Morning snap - Don't know yet. dl only just finished (and while I've been waiting for that, someone has already posted they have finished the game!!) Doesn't bode well at all for the length of it.

I also wish the new Snark Busters would get it's but,t over to BFG!

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Apr 27, 11 4:00 AM
Kelvarda wrote:Morning snap - Don't know yet. dl only just finished (and while I've been waiting for that, someone has already posted they have finished the game!!) Doesn't bode well at all for the length of it.

I also wish the new Snark Busters would get it's but,t over to BFG!

Did they have "Glamour Shots" in England in the 90s? It was like a plague over here, you'd see people showing off these embarrassing photos of themselves in soft focus, a lot of make-up, big hair, a boa and a strange head tilt. They always puzzled me.

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on Apr 27, 11 5:02 AM
snapnhiss wrote:
Did they have "Glamour Shots" in England in the 90s? It was like a plague over here, you'd see people showing off these embarrassing photos of themselves in soft focus, a lot of make-up, big hair, a boa and a strange head tilt. They always puzzled me.

About ten years ago, I went with a co-worker to her house one day at lunchtime so she could pick something up. While she was in the other room, I glanced around her living room and spotted a "glamour shot" of her on the mantel. She was wearing a black lace teddy and fishnet stockings; a black feather boa draped around her shoulders. Not much was left to the imagination. I was like, seriously? In your LIVING ROOM? What would she do if sweet Aunt Mabel visited unexpectedly?

(On the bright side, she did not wear a cowboy hat.)

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Apr 27, 11 5:08 AM
euphoria wrote:
(On the bright side, she did not wear a cowboy hat.)

lol, thanks for the laugh.

Go to: