TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Finished it!

[Post New]by TeamSD on Apr 27, 11 3:36 AM
I play non-stop since the game released. Really good game, the first FROG that i really enjoy! The game is a bit short, i finished it in about 2.45 hours or maybe lesser.

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

Re:Finished it!

[Post New]by tillybaby on Apr 27, 11 3:49 AM
Ditto

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Apr 27, 11 6:01 AM
took me 1 hour 45 minutes

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Apr 27, 11 6:34 AM
Wow, so short!!!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 27, 11 7:01 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:Wow, so short!!!

Thought you were in an important meeting all day? No wonder you were not answering this employees telephone calls

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Apr 27, 11 7:11 AM
peglegann wrote:
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:Wow, so short!!!

Thought you were in an important meeting all day? No wonder you were not answering this employees telephone calls
Sssttt.

brewcan1
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by brewcan1 on Apr 27, 11 2:36 PM
Guess i will wait for this to come out on a DD.
TNX

M_E_M_O_M
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by M_E_M_O_M on Apr 28, 11 9:01 AM
Enjoyed it, but way too short.....

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Apr 30, 11 7:47 AM
I found it not to short. Takes me 4 hours.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Apr 30, 11 10:10 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:I found it not to short. Takes me 4 hours.

I think one reason it's shorter for some people has to do with a gameplay feature.

This game is set up like a true adventure game even though you only have access to 1 or 2 locations in most chapters. There's no wrong click penalty--instead, you're supposed to look inside flowerpots and behind things on shelves and try drawers to see if they will open. Quite often if you do try something, you'll get a brief hint about something else you might do there.

Since there's no click penalty, people who click quickly and randomly all over the screen will find and collect some items they didn't even know they needed yet. That will go faster than people who are following the story and trying to puzzle out logically what to do next.

It's not that one way is better than another, it just might help explain why some people are taking 2 hours and others are taking twice as long. It's just a difference in gameplay style.

Of course I'm also assuming you're reading all the cut scenes and not skipping any mini-games.

I had to play the game several times while writing the walkthrough. The first time took about 4 hours, and felt like a typical short game, not supershort. But I was definitely able to breeze through much more quickly the second time, in part because I did do a lot of rapid clicking to get through some scenes if they weren't the ones I was working on at that time.

Robin

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 1, 11 12:23 AM
I take my time with a game. Almost I never use a walktrough. I like it to found out what to do.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Jul 12, 11 3:10 PM
I like this adventure-style IHOG which has become so much the trend lately. I like having to explore and click around to see what comes next. Took a shade over 4 hours to finish. I used the WT twice and skipped just 1 puzzle.

IMO I found the beginning of the game a bit tedious and messing around with the drink machine almost turned me off the game. But it definitely got better as it progressed.

The graphics are beautifully done and, with the exception of a few teensy tiny items, really very pleasing.

After putting it aside for weeks, I finally got back to it yesterday. I started over and finished it in 2 sittings. Very pleased with the experience and planning to keep it around to replay in future.

Edited on 07/12/2011 at 3:11:19 PM PST

[Post New]by shawnsgrammy on Jul 17, 11 7:38 PM
Did anyone out there have trouble with the feathers in the dream catcher in the Indian Village? The game won't let me pick them up.
Good game otherwise.

Go to: