bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

Worth a CE? Your choice

[Post New]by bradalex on Apr 28, 11 1:37 AM
I love this game and am off to buy, but only because I am too impatient to wait. In my opinion the only benefit you get from CE is the in built strategy guide, and so far ( 1hours demo) the hint button has been all I've needed.
I stress that this is not a moan, just feel some more patient fishies than myself may get better value from the SE.

 
DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Worth a CE? Your choice

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Apr 28, 11 1:45 AM
Hi there bradalex,
For those of us who have jumped in to purchase this game as well as you, it seems to be a matter of enjoying the game as far as I can ascertain. There has only been one poster that I have seen so far who has actually finished this entire game to add any information regarding extra gameplay etc - and others who have stated that the SG actually responds to your state of play so to speak.
Guess we all just have to appreciate it for ourselves.
Cheers.

 
TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Re:Worth a CE? Your choice

[Post New]by TeamSD on Apr 28, 11 2:31 AM
There's a Bonus Chapter you can play after you finished the main game, the Wallpapers are unlocked straight away so you don't have to finish the game first.

 
sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

Re:Worth a CE? Your choice

[Post New]by sinshack on Apr 28, 11 5:42 AM
TeamSD wrote:There's a Bonus Chapter you can play after you finished the main game, the Wallpapers are unlocked straight away so you don't have to finish the game first.


The bonus chapter is the only thing most of us care about, in addition to the Strategy Guide. I don't know anyone who uses or cares about the wallpaper, no matter when it is unlocked. For me, the bonus play is my main reason for buying a CE, because if there isn't a SG there is almost always a walkthrough available.

 
TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Re:Worth a CE? Your choice

[Post New]by TeamSD on Apr 28, 11 6:26 AM
I loved and care about wallpapers 555

For this game, Bonus Chapter is the third chapter of gameplay not the last, it lasts about 20-30 mins.

 
DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

Re:Worth a CE? Your choice

[Post New]by DeadRiver on Apr 28, 11 2:29 PM
A built in strategy guide seems like a pretty big plus. It is better than having to stop the game to go to the walk through and then sometimes back and forth from game to walk through etc.

 
Opus1965
Guppy
Guppy
172 Posts

Re:Worth a CE? Your choice

[Post New]by Opus1965 on Apr 28, 11 2:38 PM
sinshack wrote:
TeamSD wrote:There's a Bonus Chapter you can play after you finished the main game, the Wallpapers are unlocked straight away so you don't have to finish the game first.


The bonus chapter is the only thing most of us care about, in addition to the Strategy Guide. I don't know anyone who uses or cares about the wallpaper, no matter when it is unlocked. For me, the bonus play is my main reason for buying a CE, because if there isn't a SG there is almost always a walkthrough available.


I personally like the screensavers whenever they are included. Maestro had it and I like them. Aside from the Bonus Play and the SG. I also like morph items that are included in some CE. MHO.

 
DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

Re:Worth a CE? Your choice

[Post New]by DeadRiver on Apr 28, 11 2:40 PM
Oh yes, those morph items. I love those morph items.

 
textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Re:Worth a CE? Your choice

[Post New]by textrekkie on Apr 28, 11 2:41 PM
We all have different standards of "CE Worthiness". IMHO, this was an okay game, but not CE worthy. Game play not long enough, too many techinical mis-steps/errors, puzzles way below par, bonus play cleverly done, but short. I would put it on the mid to high end for an SE, (mostly because of the puzzles), but definitely not a CE.


 
Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

Re:Worth a CE? Your choice

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Apr 28, 11 3:03 PM
Guess I'm easily pleased then. lol. All it takes for me is ANY Bonus gameplay

Kel

 
catlynn54
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

Re:Worth a CE? Your choice

[Post New]by catlynn54 on Apr 28, 11 4:00 PM
One CE I bought had zombies in its bonus game and I didn't like that so much. Not a fan of zombies myself......

 
grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

Re:Worth a CE? Your choice

[Post New]by grannyq on Apr 28, 11 4:55 PM
I tried this game at 3am and was not impressed but after a few hours of sleep I tried again. I found that the further I progressed the more I got into it. Yes the puzzles I've played so far could have been more challenging but the **** scenes are great, there is always something I'm unfamiliar with like a soapcutter. I know I'm not the fastest player and I make not appologies. I take the time to look over every area so I don't miss any inventory items because I've been lost trying to backtrack. Frankly a SE or a CE is a matter of personal preference. I like the CE for the extra gameplay and the 3 punches on my card. For me it's a great deal!

 
kidzz3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Worth a CE? Your choice

[Post New]by kidzz3 on Apr 28, 11 5:19 PM
textrekkie wrote:We all have different standards of "CE Worthiness". IMHO, this was an okay game, but not CE worthy. Game play not long enough, too many techinical mis-steps/errors, puzzles way below par, bonus play cleverly done, but short. I would put it on the mid to high end for an SE, (mostly because of the puzzles), but definitely not a CE.



I agree 100%.

Good game for an SE, but with only 4 chapters and a 20 minute bonus play, it's not CE worthy.

 
tmhall55
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Worth a CE? Your choice

[Post New]by tmhall55 on Apr 28, 11 6:24 PM
love,love,love this game. can't wait for the next one..........

 
 
 
 
Go to: