bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Note about bonus gameplay ***SPOILER***

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Apr 28, 11 3:43 AM
Highlight below:

Hi fishies,

Please note that the bonus gameplay in this game is integrated in the main story.

One of the chapter is extended and the bonus play adds to the story.

So once you are playing the Collector's Edition, you will access the bonus at a certain chapter, not after the main gameplay.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

Re:Note about bonus gameplay ***SPOILER***

[Post New]by sinshack on Apr 28, 11 3:54 AM
Thanks for the heads-up. I would have been whining "where is it???" when I got that far.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Apr 28, 11 3:55 AM
Oh dear, I imagine quite a few members are going to post outraged remarks that their game didn't include the bonus.

Edited to remove a redundant word.

Edited on 04/28/2011 at 4:07:51 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Apr 28, 11 4:05 AM
I read in another thread that (Spoiler!!) the third chapter is the bonus game play.
Quite unusual - I will be curious how that will change the game in the SE (not enough to buy both versions though!).

Dan2678
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Dan2678 on Apr 28, 11 5:01 AM
Thank you kindly for telling us that,the first question I always ask on a CE is "Does the bonus play add to the story or is it a separate level?".Sometimes the extra play is worth paying for (like in Dire Grove,or the Puppet Show games) and sometimes its not (Margrave:Curse of the severed heart springs to mind),so I greatly appreciate you letting us know,thank you :-)

asquared
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by asquared on Apr 28, 11 5:07 AM
This is useful information, and I don't understand why it's considered to be a spoiler. The hidden lines don't say anything at all about the plot of the game.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Apr 28, 11 5:30 AM
removed. Sinshack is right about it.

Edited on 04/28/2011 at 5:40:59 AM PST

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Apr 28, 11 5:38 AM
asquared wrote:This is useful information, and I don't understand why it's considered to be a spoiler. The hidden lines don't say anything at all about the plot of the game.

Some players don't want to know anything about the gameplay until they get that far, so it's fair to everyone to call it a Spoiler. It gives each fishie the choice of whether to highlight to read or not - if it wasn't listed as a spoiler or if bfglmbrium dind't change the text color to white, it could spoil the fun for some fishies.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Apr 28, 11 5:41 AM
sinshack wrote:
asquared wrote:This is useful information, and I don't understand why it's considered to be a spoiler. The hidden lines don't say anything at all about the plot of the game.

Some players don't want to know anything about the gameplay until they get that far, so it's fair to everyone to call it a Spoiler. It gives each fishie the choice of whether to highlight to read or not - if it wasn't listed as a spoiler or if bfglmbrium dind't change the text color to white, it could spoil the fun for some fishies.
You are right. I removed my comment.

GogiiGrace
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by GogiiGrace on Apr 28, 11 5:55 AM
Thank you for letting users know this! We wanted to keep players in the mood of the story as they progressed to the bonus chapter, rather than taking them out of the atmosphere and plopping them down in unrelated 'extra' gameplay. That's why it's a seamless transition. We really hope everyone enjoys this style of bonus play!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 28, 11 5:57 AM
hi goggigrace, i am loving the game, and gotta say. we love it when devs care enough to watch the forums and see what we think

GogiiGrace
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by GogiiGrace on Apr 28, 11 6:11 AM
Hi bella81762! It's my pleasure; we love hearing from the players. It helps us makes better games in the future, after all.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Apr 28, 11 6:41 AM
GogiiGrace wrote:Thank you for letting users know this! We wanted to keep players in the mood of the story as they progressed to the bonus chapter, rather than taking them out of the atmosphere and plopping them down in unrelated 'extra' gameplay. That's why it's a seamless transition. We really hope everyone enjoys this style of bonus play!

I love it too. But what about the SE? It's nice that you drop by.

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Apr 28, 11 6:55 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:
GogiiGrace wrote:Thank you for letting users know this! We wanted to keep players in the mood of the story as they progressed to the bonus chapter, rather than taking them out of the atmosphere and plopping them down in unrelated 'extra' gameplay. That's why it's a seamless transition. We really hope everyone enjoys this style of bonus play!

I love it too. But what about the SE? It's nice that you drop by.

I think they will cut of that chapter in the SV cuz the game still work fine if it doesn't have that chapter!

Edited on 06/03/2011 at 2:05:09 AM PST

GogiiGrace
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by GogiiGrace on Apr 28, 11 6:59 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:I love it too. But what about the SE? It's nice that you drop by.

Glad you like it, thanks for playing!

The SE will be released after a little while; I can't give an exact date however, sorry!

ETA Haha also yes, what TeamSD said.

Edited on 04/28/2011 at 6:59:58 AM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Apr 28, 11 7:05 AM
GogiiGrace wrote:
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:I love it too. But what about the SE? It's nice that you drop by.

Glad you like it, thanks for playing!

The SE will be released after a little while; I can't give an exact date however, sorry!

ETA Haha also yes, what TeamSD said.
I bought the CE, so no sorry! And I saw on your site that there coming 2 new games. Great, can't wait!

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Apr 28, 11 7:08 AM
Thanks for the information about the bonus gameplay! I'm also enjoying the game and I DID want to know this before purchasing it! I'm still enjoying the game very much and will get it today!

bobobear
Flounder
Flounder
2,315 Posts

[Post New]by bobobear on Apr 28, 11 7:43 AM
This sounds interesting. I have been looking forward to this release ever since I heard about it. Gogii games are always good.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Apr 28, 11 10:39 AM

I'm impressed! I appreciate the extra work it must have taken to integrate the bonus play without making those who buy the SE version feel like they missed something when they jump from chapter 2 to chapter 4. I know it's hard in a series to come up with meaningful bonus material at the end that won't effect the plot lines in the next installment of the series, so doing it in the middle must be even harder!

I also appreciate the fact that you, as a developer, have taken the time to visit us here in the forums. It shows a commitment to your customers and a great deal of courage - we fishies can resemble barracudas and sharks, at times!

GogiiGrace
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by GogiiGrace on Apr 28, 11 10:46 AM
sinshack wrote:I'm impressed! I appreciate the extra work it must have taken to integrate the bonus play without making those who buy the SE version feel like they missed something when they jump from chapter 2 to chapter 4. I know it's hard in a series to come up with meaningful bonus material at the end that won't effect the plot lines in the next installment of the series, so doing it in the middle must be even harder!

I also appreciate the fact that you, as a developer, have taken the time to visit us here in the forums. It shows a commitment to your customers and a great deal of courage - we fishies can resemble barracudas and sharks, at times!

It can be tricky for sure, sinshack! But we're always glad to go the extra mile for players, especially when you're paying more for a CE.

And I'm more than happy to swim around the forums and see what all of you have to say about our work. Both the praise and the criticisms from you, the players, are the best way to improve what we're doing on the developer's end.

Go to: