bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Post any Avalon Legends Solitaire technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Apr 28, 11 10:07 AM
If you are having problems getting Avalon Legends Solitaire to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct common issues in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Avalon Legends Solitaire technical issues here only

[Post New]by Space7cadet on May 5, 11 4:57 PM
I've noticed that too often when I have a successful finish that I don't get the check on the results page for that stage.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on May 5, 11 5:09 PM
Hi Space7cadet!

If you haven't installed the updated version of Avalon Legends Solitaire yet, I would recommend giving this a try, as it was released to fix the issue with the perfects not registering correctly.

To get this version, please uninstall and reinstall the game. More info can be found here:

UPDATE! New PC version available for Avalon Legends Solitaire! April 26, 2011

If any trouble persists, please contact Customer Support and they'll be happy to assist further.

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

Pinkbudgie
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Pinkbudgie on May 6, 11 6:38 AM
I was having the same problem with the perfect finish so I've been watching to see if there was an update available. It isn't showing up on as "update available" on the game manager like other games do. I will try reinstalling the game, but it seems like if an update was available for this rather imporant fix, there should be the update indicator on the game manager.

Acorny
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Acorny on May 9, 11 7:53 AM
I have the mac version of Avalon Legends. I am on level 13 and every time I pick up a wild card it disappears. I haven't seen any mention of this being part of the level's game play, so I assume it is a bug. Also, when I finish a level perfectly but still have cards remaining in the deck, they do not "fly away" like they did before. I have to click each card until the pile is empty (this isn't as big of a problem as the wild cards, since it doesn't keep me from completing objectives). Anyone else encountering these bugs in the mac version?

[Post New]by Roman_ANAWIKI on May 11, 11 5:23 AM
Acorny, it's not a bug. Wild cards fly away if you already have the same in your pocket. You can't have 2 same cards in the pocket. So if you have 7 in your pocket, clicking on 7 wild card on the table will mean that it will fly away. If you don't want to waste one of the cards just use the one in the pocket before clicking the one on the table.

Acorny
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Acorny on May 11, 11 4:19 PM
But I don't have any wild cards at all! This isn't the problem.

sandy81676
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by sandy81676 on May 14, 11 10:08 AM
Acorny wrote:I have the mac version of Avalon Legends. I am on level 13 and every time I pick up a wild card it disappears. I haven't seen any mention of this being part of the level's game play, so I assume it is a bug. Also, when I finish a level perfectly but still have cards remaining in the deck, they do not "fly away" like they did before. I have to click each card until the pile is empty (this isn't as big of a problem as the wild cards, since it doesn't keep me from completing objectives). Anyone else encountering these bugs in the mac version?

I am having the EXACT same issues with the mac version! I even deleted the game, reinstalled today and instead of continuing my game (I was on level 13) I started a new game all over again. From the VERY FIRST Wild Card, it did not give them to me, they just disappear when you click the card covering them.

THIS IS a mac version BUG and there needs to be an update or I want a refund for the credit I used to buy it. I will never be able to buy the add on extras in the game because I am constantly having to buy wild cards with my points and its extremely annoying to have to click on up to 30 cards in a row to end the board when I've done really well - which incidentally causes me to lose a lot of unplayed card points.

Yes, this is just a game, but I paid for the game and it is not functioning properly. Someone mentioned these weren't bugs, but they most certainly are and I would like an update soon to fix these issues. The first time I played the game (up to level 13) I had no issues at all. But after I quit the game and restarted, both issues began to happen. I have screenshots, but do not know how to upload them here.

Please fix these ASAP. Thanks!

Acorny
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Acorny on May 14, 11 5:33 PM
Thanks for confirming that it's not just me! Hopefully we'll see a resolution soon. I've given up playing it for now.

sandy81676
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by sandy81676 on May 15, 11 9:27 AM
Acorny wrote:Thanks for confirming that it's not just me! Hopefully we'll see a resolution soon. I've given up playing it for now.

No problem, i didn't want the people at BFG to not fix this. Its so frustrating. I've given up playing the quest mode, too. I'm just playing free play for now. There is another bug as well that i forgot to mention.

Sometimes, frequently but not always, when you hit undo, not only does it put the card back that you had previously moved, it also puts a new card face up on the foundation. Ruins the WHOLE purpose of an undo. It puts you in a worse position than the reason you hit undo.

So, that is THREE bugs in total that I've found in the game that essentially make the game unplayable because you will never win.

It would also be nice to be able to restart the board layout instead of your WHOLE game. Not a bug, i know, but a much needed feature nonetheless. I think I will be restarting Fairway Solitaire until this is fixed. Its done beautifully and there are zero bugs. If you (Acorny) haven't tried this solitaire game, you really should. It will hold you over until they decide to fix this one. We're using mac so they historically move much slower fixing the games issues (hoping not true in this case, though).

[Post New]by Roman_ANAWIKI on May 16, 11 1:08 AM
sandy81676 and Acorny: I'm sorry for the troubles. We will fix issues ASAP. Hopefully we can confirm those issues without problems on our computers.

Acorny
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Acorny on May 16, 11 1:16 PM
Thanks Roman! Glad to hear you are working on it.

Sandy - I am a HUGE fan of Fairway Solitaire too! That's actually the reason I bought Avalon Legends, because I heard they were similar. I think I will play some FS while I wait

sandy81676
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by sandy81676 on May 16, 11 6:38 PM
Thank you, Roman!!!

@Acorny
Glad I was able to remind you of FS! Thats the same reason why I bought this, that and the fact that its rare a card game gets added to mac games. :o)

[Post New]by c1nbad on May 23, 11 5:31 AM
okay, so ive installed and uninstalled countless times, and with each one, i encounter a new problem.first, it was the prblem with perfects, then, im unable to get ANY wild cards unless i buy them, now, if i get a perfect, i have to use up all th unplayed card in the deck to move forward. im really frustrated with this game.i have the pc version. HELP!

sandy81676
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by sandy81676 on May 26, 11 11:05 AM
@c1nbad
So its not just the mac version but BOTH versions of the game? That might make it easier for the devs to figure out the issue.

@Roman
I know its only been a couple of weeks, but can we have an update? Were you able to replicate our issues? Thanks!!!

Edited on 05/26/2011 at 11:06:35 AM PST

[Post New]by Roman_ANAWIKI on May 27, 11 12:49 AM
@sandy81676: Yes, we've been able to replicate your issues (Mac version) and fixed them. I will follow up with my BFG representative about for when we can expect new Mac version.

@c1nbad: Sorry to hear that you have issues with the game. I'll check it out and see if we can do anything to help you.

[Post New]by Roman_ANAWIKI on May 27, 11 5:17 AM
I just downloaded Mac version and it plays all right. Maybe you should discard and download again to get updated version just like they do on PC?

Acorny
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Acorny on May 29, 11 5:13 PM
Thank you so much Roman! I deleted and redownloaded like you suggested, and everything seems to be working properly now. Thanks for getting this resolved!

sandy81676
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by sandy81676 on May 30, 11 8:59 AM
@Roman

Okay, so I decided to try and play without the wild cards for the extra challenge. There are 3 significant thing I discovered while playing that I thought you should know:

1. THE UNDO BUG - I figured out when it happens the most. Its when you have a long chain of cards and, randomly, when you hit undo it also flips the next card in the deck making you, in reality, waste an undo because the card you needed is now covered. I watched it happen several times now and the mouse was no where near the deck so it is not caused by an accidental click.

2. LEVEL 18 Part 1 - So I finally got to level 18 and could not beat it the first time around. Upon replaying it, something great happened - I started collecting the wild cards again! I have no idea what changed to make the wild cards go to the bottom of the screen but I was so happy until...

3. LEVEL 18 Part 2 - I tried to beat the game with 9 Wild Cards at my disposal. This level is IMPOSSIBLE to beat. I'm not kidding. I am very good at these types of card games. I tend to get more perfects than the average person. But, with Wild cards, I have played this level over 50 times! The highest I have ever gotten is 10k yet the level requires 12k and my average score is just 8k for this level. I have gotten a perfect on 6 of the 10 levels and cannot achieve the amount of points needed to progress. I believe the ONLY way to get that score is to get a perfect on 8 or 9 of the 10 levels which, is also impossible because the layouts are too random. Most times, i do not even get the stone cards to break because the cards needed are not in the deck. Or the board will have 4 6's and a K but K's, 6's and cards no where near them will be in the deck. Like I said IMPOSSIBLE to beat unless you have an unlimited supply of wild cards which is also impossible because they cost 3500 a PIECE. I literally have to get 2 perfects to get 1 card or complete 4 boards to get one card. But I managed to get to level 18 with minimal wild cards because I had to purchase them but can't seem to get 12k to pass this board.

Please look into this level. I'd really like to know the secret of passing it as I am getting super bored playing it over and over and over, etc. As for the magically working again wild cards, I'm just hoping that they keep working because if they stop there is no way I'm ever passing this board. Again, thanks for looking into all of this!

Have a great holiday!

Sandy

[Post New]by crkodama on Jun 4, 11 3:24 PM
Acorny wrote:Thanks for confirming that it's not just me! Hopefully we'll see a resolution soon. I've given up playing it for now.

I am in the exact same situation. I've deleted and reloaded a few times. I just can't get the wild cards. So I've decided to quit playing.

Go to: