gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

Black bars on the side of screen?!

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Apr 28, 11 8:03 PM
Ok why do I have black bars on the side of my screen? Is anyone else having this problem? I don't have a widescreen monitor and I have the full screen option checked. It's a new game right so should adjust automatically for resolution... weird.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Re:Black bars on the side of screen?!

[Post New]by textrekkie on Apr 28, 11 8:22 PM
A couple of other people did report getting this as well. And you are correct, there is no wide screen option anyway. Have you set or reset your screen resolution lately?

Are you playing on a PC or laptop?

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Apr 28, 11 8:22 PM
This game didn't seem to auto adjust resolution for me either.

My monitor is WS so I didn't have the exact same problem. I manually changed my display settings - resolution to 1280 x 1024 and it worked. Maybe playing around with the setting on yours will work, too.

hth

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Apr 28, 11 8:28 PM
I have my wide screen set to 1920 x 1080 and it filled the screen for me.

You can try setting yours to 1280 x 1024 and see if that makes a difference for you. Hope you don't have to go any lower than that for the sake of the graphics.

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Apr 28, 11 8:50 PM
Thanks from me textrekkie!

I'll keep your number in mind when I play the full game.

I'm all for getting the best graphics that I can.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Apr 28, 11 9:35 PM
My resolution is 1920 x 1200 (the recommended setting). I don't change it unless a game changes it but I don't think a game has changed it recently. (would I know?) I'll try the 1280 x 1024... that seems really low compared to normal. Kind of scares me what the graphics would look like but I guess it's best to have a full screen to play on and sacrifice some quality. Oh and I'm on a PC with a 26" HD LCD Monitor.

Thanks!!

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Apr 28, 11 10:14 PM
You can try 1680 x 1050 if the other looks bad.

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Apr 28, 11 10:22 PM
Oh sorry for my being dim here, textrekkie.

I just realized that I always have my wide screen set to 1920 x 1080 and for some reason it would not fill the screen until I changed it no matter what game options I selected. I think there must be another difference why I had to adjust mine manually, besides my dim-wittedness, of course.

oh and gamergirl675 - I can't say for certain for everyone but every game that I have played that auto adjusts my screen resolution always returns to normal after I quit the game so, I tend to think a game wouldn't change it permanently.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Apr 28, 11 10:26 PM
Ok I tried the 1280 x 1024 and the game works great... I think the graphics look ok this way. The game seems amazing... I totally am coveting it now but I'll have to wait til payday.

Spock... it didn't change back after I exited so everything else is distorted so I need to go in and manually change the resolution back now that I've exited out of the game. But I think you're right... if a game auto adjusts then it would also auto adjust back when you exit out.

Thanks for the help... I really appreciate it.

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Apr 28, 11 10:43 PM
Glad to hear it's working for you now! I was happy enough with my graphics, too.

hard I know but, I'm going to wait until May to play, too.

Hope you enjoy the game

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Apr 28, 11 11:34 PM
With the way my screen is distorted by changing the resolution but the game plays fine makes me wonder if this game wasn't designed to be played on a widescreen??? Is that possible? Not that it matters really... just curious. It's totally annoying to have to manually adjust the resolution but I think it's a good enough game that it's worth the hassle.

Go to: