bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Allora and The Broken Portal technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Apr 29, 11 12:12 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

aliceh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Post any Allora and The Broken Portal technical issues here only

[Post New]by aliceh on Apr 29, 11 2:34 PM
I bought the game earlier & have been trying to download this game for hours. I have done everything suggested on the site. Nothing. I still get the message 599. What do I do now? It is not being blocked by anything. You just keep saying it's the internet connection. Thank you for any help.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Apr 29, 11 2:53 PM
Hi aliceh,

Please take a look at the following help article for some troubleshooting steps that can help:

Problem Downloading or Installation Failed

If you're still having issues installing the game, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) so that our reps can further assist you. Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

dregester
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by dregester on Apr 30, 11 2:53 PM
I downloaded game and it said my trail had expired. I uninstalled and now I'm downloading again.

dregester
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by dregester on Apr 30, 11 4:34 PM
The second time it worked. Now I'll try playing the game.

[Post New]by HiLoGo on May 1, 11 1:00 PM
Was really enjoying the game when i got to the old ruin city scene......i need a brick to smash the glass, but alas there is no brick????
Even when i use the hint button it's pointing to the roof in the first scene, but there is nothing there..... Can anyone help???

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on May 1, 11 5:25 PM
HiLoGo wrote:Was really enjoying the game when i got to the old ruin city scene......i need a brick to smash the glass, but alas there is no brick????
Even when i use the hint button it's pointing to the roof in the first scene, but there is nothing there..... Can anyone help???

Hi there HiLoGo!

Have you checked out the Walkthrough that goes with this game yet? It gives you step by step instructions as to where you will find every item you need in the game and where you need to use it. To get to this Walkthrough, just go here:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/allora-and-the-broken-portal-walkthrough

There IS a brick and you'll use it on an old store window to get a crystal. I just played that portion of the game earlier today.

Attention BFG Moderators:

This has been a GREAT game, thus far, and I've really enjoyed playing it, without difficulties. That is, until now. Sadly, it turns out that this game DOES have a "bug" in it. At the very beginning of Chapter 10, my computer began shaking, jerking, and freezing. I closed the game, then restarted it again, without any improvement. THEN, I used an old strategy I learned long ago, whenever a game seems to be "stressing out", or being uncooperative, I get rid of the game's fancy cursor and choose the option to use my plain cursor.

That change (which isn't always available on every game), has worked to allow me to progress with the game, despite the annoying jerking/shaking/freezing behaviors. However, it becomes impossible to perform any tasks where my cursor has to take an object out of the Inventory area and use the object to perform some task. I have no way of finding/seeing my cursor or the item it is holding, nor is it possible to get the object to go where it is supposed to go, so that I can complete the required task.

All of my caches have been cleaned out and all other programs are closed. I'll be uninstalling and reinstalling it, just to see if that will make a difference or not. I just had a Dr. Felix assessment performed last week and it showed no glitches in my computer. When I had to "soft boot" my computer, using Windows Task Manager, in order to get the game to close up, it sent me a message indicating that the software program had a "glitch or bug" in it. I sure hope I'll be able to finish this game, one way or the other!

Rainbow Explorer

[Post New]by HiLoGo on May 2, 11 8:22 AM
thank you for your reply, didn't really help though as brick is missing from the roof.... i think that i just have a fault on the game. It's really enoying because i can't move on or finish a game i was really enjoying.....
Not sure what to do now??

puppycake
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by puppycake on May 2, 11 4:37 PM
Something tells me I had a hard time finding that brick however if my memory serves me correctly it was down in the very bottom left hand corner and didn't exactly look like a brick, but thats where it was I am.

I am having same problem as Rainbow explorer, worked fine until chapter 10, then couldn't play at all, I even changed my curser too, very disappointing as I LOVED that game!

drgww
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by drgww on May 2, 11 9:53 PM
In the cave I can't find the eye nor the bat and the hint button will not show where either one is....I have hunted for hours. I have al the things to go to the next level...Why won't the hint button work...where is the bat...theeye?

[Post New]by zaya96 on May 3, 11 10:10 PM
RainbowExplorer wrote:
HiLoGo wrote:Was really enjoying the game when i got to the old ruin city scene......i need a brick to smash the glass, but alas there is no brick????

Hi there HiLoGo!

Have you checked out the Walkthrough that goes with this game yet? It gives you step by step instructions as to where you will find every item you need in the game and where you need to use it. To get to this Walkthrough, just go here:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/allora-and-the-broken-portal-walkthrough

There IS a brick and you'll use it on an old store window to get a crystal. I just played that portion of the game earlier today.

Attention BFG Moderators:

This has been a GREAT game, thus far, and I've really enjoyed playing it, without difficulties. That is, until now. Sadly, it turns out that this game DOES have a "bug" in it. At the very beginning of Chapter 10, my computer began shaking, jerking, and freezing. I closed the game, then restarted it again, without any improvement. THEN, I used an old strategy I learned long ago, whenever a game seems to be "stressing out", or being uncooperative, I get rid of the game's fancy cursor and choose the option to use my plain cursor.

That change (which isn't always available on every game), has worked to allow me to progress with the game, despite the annoying jerking/shaking/freezing behaviors. However, it becomes impossible to perform any tasks where my cursor has to take an object out of the Inventory area and use the object to perform some task. I have no way of finding/seeing my cursor or the item it is holding, nor is it possible to get the object to go where it is supposed to go, so that I can complete the required task.

All of my caches have been cleaned out and all other programs are closed. I'll be uninstalling and reinstalling it, just to see if that will make a difference or not. I just had a Dr. Felix assessment performed last week and it showed no glitches in my computer. When I had to "soft boot" my computer, using Windows Task Manager, in order to get the game to close up, it sent me a message indicating that the software program had a "glitch or bug" in it. I sure hope I'll be able to finish this game, one way or the other!

Rainbow Explorer

it doesn't have any brick on the roof........

Edited on 05/03/2011 at 10:11:40 PM PST

[Post New]by Thibor69 on May 7, 11 2:15 PM

I am stuck also at the desert city. I am 100% positive ... there is NO BRICK ON THE ROOF, even tho the walk-through and the game hint system says there is.

ADDMINS ... what can we do ???

[Post New]by fnmehdi on May 8, 11 4:25 AM
I have the same problem there is no brick on the roof and I can't find it any where else.
please help me...

[Post New]by mcleanish on May 21, 11 2:16 PM
There is no brick on the roof!!!!! So frustrating!

[Post New]by MysticCrystal84 on Oct 17, 11 8:39 PM
I am having the same problem. Where is the brick...has anyone, who was having the same problem, find a solution?

lvthegames
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by lvthegames on Jun 15, 12 3:24 PM
I have bought this game without trying it first! won't do that again...have uninstalled and tried several times but keep getting Error acess violation at 0x775fc23c. Note to self...never buy a game without trying first!

Go to: