bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Allora and The Broken Portal

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Apr 29, 11 12:12 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Allora and The Broken Portal? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Allora and The Broken Portal

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 29, 11 12:16 AM
i betad this a while back and really enjoyed the beta, took a look at the wt, 11 chapters, next to dark and eerie, fairy tale theme is my fave, need 2 more games for a punchcard so most likely a buy for me...

SandraSwede
Shark
Shark
14,103 Posts

[Post New]by SandraSwede on Apr 29, 11 12:28 AM
Good Morning Bella!

I'm downloading the game as I speak!

Sunrunner
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Sunrunner on Apr 29, 11 12:43 AM
Am downloading too, but it looks lovely, hope the gameplay lives up to its looks.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Apr 29, 11 12:52 AM
Rebeca Lily : I'm downloading and I've not been to the bathroom yet !

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Apr 29, 11 12:52 AM
I really like this game. The graphica are great! Adorable story and characters. This game is a must have for sure. The Elves friend, the mouse is so cute. Widescreen,adjustable sounds. You have to try this game for sure. Don't pass this one up. It's really nice to see a fairytale story for a change. This is a must buy for me. It a great game with a great story. Go Go Go now, download it, try it, buy it. For sure!

I'd rate this: PIGLET

PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog. For true lover's of these types of games

‘ ‘
(o)

Edited on 04/29/2011 at 12:56:16 AM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Apr 29, 11 12:58 AM

dag-nabbit!
I didn't want to start a new coupon card today but this is such a nice game that I can't help myself!

Must buy!!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 29, 11 1:04 AM
Poutoule wrote:Rebeca Lily : I'm downloading and I've not been to the bathroom yet !

Love it!!

poppy85
Guppy
Guppy
182 Posts

[Post New]by poppy85 on Apr 29, 11 1:21 AM
I've just finished the hour's trial. It's pretty, but not enough for me to buy. Just H.O. scenes and a couple of fairly standard puzzles.

Back to the Royal Wedding now..... so that'll be me stuck in front of the telly all day.

Enjoy your day fishies.

Poppy

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Apr 29, 11 1:26 AM
Delightful after all the dark and eerie games lately. A bit on the easy side but great for beginner. For veterans it would have been nice to have option of easy or hard (with less sparkles and hand-holding) but on the whole a nice game. Definite BUY for me.

Marty

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on Apr 29, 11 1:28 AM
Very pretty, lovely, pleasant game.

Jo.

17players_
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by 17players_ on Apr 29, 11 1:30 AM
I enjoyed this game. It was fairly simple but liked it anyway. Interested in its length. Does anyone know? Have fun!

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Apr 29, 11 1:32 AM
I relly liked it, what a lovely game. This is the first non-eerie HOG thI really really enjoy since Awakening2, MUST TRY - BUY FOR ME

PS. I think I bought too many games this week, but I just can't stop myself LOL

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Apr 29, 11 1:32 AM
It's a nice game, but not for me. Only HOG scene. No buy for me.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Apr 29, 11 1:32 AM
What a delightful game this is ideal to play inbetween all the dark spooky games when you want some light relief.

The hand drawn graphics are beautiful and are perfect for this type of fantasy game and I didn't have any trouble finding any of the required objects in the 26 minutes that I played. The music is pleasant playing softly in the background and there are breaks to help it being too repititious.

When I first started playing I thought that the different coloured items you had to find meant they were hidden but this is not the case the as objects can be clearly seen. These objects go into your inventory and have to used somewhere in the screen to gain a crystal and there are varying amounts of crystals to be found in each scene.

There is however one very annoying aspect to this game and that is the exit arrows that keep flashing onto the screen every couple of minutes grrrrrrrr ... in my opinion they would have been better being there permanently or to only appear when you moved your cursor over them.

To me the good far outweighs that one 'bad' aspect and therefore this is a definite buy for me.

Must dash there is a wizard to save .

Cherb

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Apr 29, 11 1:43 AM
I will add my "delightful" to the choir. I realy enjoyed the 20 minutes I played. Love the mouse ! H0 after H0 but it's so cute, nice and relaxing. 3 puch card filled, I will wait till May to get it, anyway haven't finished Wodoo yet. Very cute, nice game, a buy.

Sunrunner
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Sunrunner on Apr 29, 11 1:58 AM
I second everything Cherb said: music is lovely, the actual gameplay is relaxing and good for when I'd like a game to wind down with rather than challenging myself - although the arrows tend to nag me out of the corners of my eye, true, they weren't that bad. Seems to indicate there's still something to complete in a scene, which would be good for younger players to help pinpoint which scene those crystals are hiding in.

The mini-puzzles are also nice and simple, and the diary is beautifully illustrated, a true treat to page through while reading all the little notations. No problems downloading or playing it on Win7 for me, I think this'll be a keeper for me, I agree it's a delightful game.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Apr 29, 11 1:58 AM
This is a really nice game. I am playing the demo. Good storyline. The graphics are really nice too. You can leave in the middle of a HOG scene and when you go back, you go back to where you left off. If you get a new "Profile" in the game, you get a new set of objects to look for. Some of them are the same like the inventory items.

I agree with Cherbtoo said, the flashing arrows are a little annoying but I try to look past them.

This will be a buy for me. I just don't know when. I need 3 more punches on a punch card. I have 3 game credits, but I don't want to use all 3 at one time. Unless tomorrows DD is one I want, I'll get Voodoo.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 29, 11 2:15 AM
Woofie53 you took the words right out of my mouth... i'm thinking voodoo, too... so much that i all of a sudden had that song from labyrinth in my head and given that my niece is home sick from school today... i think i will take it over and watch it with her to make her feel better...

as for this wizard... i'm really wondering if i should bother with saving him... i mean, all the time we're saving folks - in voodoo there's a whole city to save - and i'm just wondering if the world wouldn't be better without a few of these folks in it?

sorry, guys, i'm in a mood, i guess... just not feelin' it for this one

patjoy
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,880 Posts

[Post New]by patjoy on Apr 29, 11 2:24 AM
Beautiful and fun. It's a nice way to spend some time while watching the lead in to the royal wedding I can't believe I'm up at this hour of the morning so I'm glad there is a delightful game to play. Good graphics, clear scenes, good descriptions. It's a buy!

Go to: