Disturbing Trend

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Apr 30, 11 12:43 PM
This is another game that to my mind is misleading. It is yet another "to be continued" game. I don't mind spending a little extra for a CE game, but I want a game, not half a game.How long will we have to wait until the rest of the game is posted, and how will it be before we become as engrossed in the second half as we were in the first? This is not what I expect from BF and if this trend continues, I will seriously consider canceling my subscription.

 
Proxyman
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

Re:Disturbing Trend

[Post New]by Proxyman on Apr 30, 11 1:21 PM
So are you unhappy because the game was short, or because it did not end like you would like? If there was not the "to be contined" sign and she did end up in the well forever (ok, not a very good ending - but things happen, you know ), would you still be mad?

Because many games have sequels, despite the fact that the first story finished properly. Sometimes, at the begining of the second part, you learn that everything was fine but... and the whole thing starts again. So is it really such huge unbearable difference?

You can tell me, lobster to lobster, ha?

Edited on 04/30/2011 at 1:24:11 PM PST


 
RickF
Minnow
Minnow
201 Posts

Disturbing Trend

[Post New]by RickF on Apr 30, 11 1:39 PM
Old_Man_River wrote:This is another game that to my mind is misleading. It is yet another "to be continued" game. I don't mind spending a little extra for a CE game, but I want a game, not half a game.How long will we have to wait until the rest of the game is posted, and how will it be before we become as engrossed in the second half as we were in the first? This is not what I expect from BF and if this trend continues, I will seriously consider canceling my subscription.




I could not agree more. I am very disappointed that the game ends so abruptly and I have to purchase another game to see how it ends. Is the second part also going to be a CE so I have to pay another $13.99 to finish it? Many of the other games I have played leave the door open for a sequel, by having the villain escape at the end, not by ending before the main objective is accomplished (in this case removing the curse on the town).

Sorry about the rant, But I feel that I paid CE price for half a game.

 
Proxyman
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

Re:Disturbing Trend

[Post New]by Proxyman on Apr 30, 11 3:07 PM
I don't have any idea if the second part is going to be CE. But I am surprised by that "ripped-off" statement... Strong language I tell you. But who am I to argue... You just forgot to add that the developers (of course them, who else) are thieves (they must be if they ripped you off, right?) and they are all laughing at you now, for you bought a super expensive game and had absolutely no fun... Well, I'm truly sorry you hadn't. Seriously, I am.

@RickF
Imagine the situation where she entered the basement, pulled out the doll from the well and yaaay... all's good, town's safe. That's a proper ending. So we are not talking about the game itslef, but about the way the final cutscene was. And there is no difference, if there is going to be a sequel, CE or otherwise. Just my humble opinion

Edited on 04/30/2011 at 3:37:40 PM PST


 

Re:Disturbing Trend

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Apr 30, 11 3:40 PM
Proxyman wrote:So are you unhappy because the game was short, or because it did not end like you would like? If there was not the "to be contined" sign and she did end up in the well forever (ok, not a very good ending - but things happen, you know ), would you still be mad?

Because many games have sequels, despite the fact that the first story finished properly. Sometimes, at the begining of the second part, you learn that everything was fine but... and the whole thing starts again. So is it really such huge unbearable difference?

You can tell me, lobster to lobster, ha?


Personally I don't give a rat's patootie about the happy/unhappy ending, but I do want an ending. IF she frees the town, great, if she gets killed trying to free the town, that's fine also. If she had freed Marie Lavoe and the antagonist had escaped and the heroine had to wait for another chance to catch the "Bad Guys", there would be no problems. To end a story line without closure of any type and this becomes a saturday afternoon serial, (Yes I remember them well, but those endings were both expected and the norm.

 
Proxyman
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

Re:Disturbing Trend

[Post New]by Proxyman on Apr 30, 11 3:47 PM
Thank you for the explanation. I'm trying hard to see your point, but I just don't. Pardon me It's still just an ending. A cliffhanger for a second part. It does not change a thing on the game itself. I see how people can say... "oh no, are they serious? I have to wait for a second part to see what happend", but that's about it. It just tells you, there is going to be a second part. It does not raise my blood presure. I'm really sorry to see that such thing can spoil the whole game for you.

Edited on 04/30/2011 at 3:47:41 PM PST


 
RickF
Minnow
Minnow
201 Posts

Re:Disturbing Trend

[Post New]by RickF on Apr 30, 11 4:14 PM
Proxyman; so what you are implying, or outright telling me and others is we have no right to an opinion. Its no wonder so many great reviewers (i.e. Terry Mann, Goofy duck, Poodlebear and Dr. Good) have stopped posting. When we cannot post without having the self appointed pond police criticize our post.

 
bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Re:Disturbing Trend

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Apr 30, 11 4:25 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm just swimming in to remind everyone of our #1 Forum Rules:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish Games employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.


If you have any issues with a certain post, please get in touch with a Moderator, we're here to help. Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

 
Proxyman
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

Re:Disturbing Trend

[Post New]by Proxyman on Apr 30, 11 4:30 PM
RickF, I don't have any idea, why have you turned this into a debate about right for an opinion. So far, I have been polite, I had deep respect for anyones opinion, I haven't called anyone selfappointed police or accused anyone of ripping people off, if that's what you mean. I can sit here quietly, and you can say whatever pleases your heart. It's not my business. I was just trying to find out more about those opinions. I thought we are just talking. You voiced your point of view, I voiced mine. Is there something wrong about it?

edit for typos

Edited on 04/30/2011 at 4:59:31 PM PST


 

Re:Disturbing Trend

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Apr 30, 11 4:45 PM
I didn't mean to open a can of worms nor disparage other fishies opinions, I just wanted to let BF know how I felt about this type of game ending (or non ending as the case may be) I watched 6 seasons of the Soprano's on HBO and they ended the series in much the same way. To be honest I felt like I had wasted hours of my life for nothing. I really don't care how something ends, as long as it ends.

 
Proxyman
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

Re:Disturbing Trend

[Post New]by Proxyman on Apr 30, 11 5:09 PM
I understand. I was trying to find out if the length of the game was the problem, or the cutscene itself. And if so, to what extend. I really thought that this counts as an certain kind of end. I do respect your point of view, even though I don't share it. And as I stated before, I am saddened by the fact that it spoiled the game for you. Nothing more.

 
Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

Re:Disturbing Trend

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Apr 30, 11 11:53 PM
Proxyman wrote:I don't have any idea if the second part is going to be CE. But I am surprised by that "ripped-off" statement... Strong language I tell you. But who am I to argue... You just forgot to add that the developers (of course them, who else) are thieves (they must be if they ripped you off, right?) and they are all laughing at you now, for you bought a super expensive game and had absolutely no fun... Well, I'm truly sorry you hadn't. Seriously, I am.

@RickF
Imagine the situation where she entered the basement, pulled out the doll from the well and yaaay... all's good, town's safe. That's a proper ending. So we are not talking about the game itslef, but about the way the final cutscene was. And there is no difference, if there is going to be a sequel, CE or otherwise. Just my humble opinion


I've gone ahead and removed my reply to Proxyman that was shown here, as well as my initial reply in this forum, and have inserted this instead. We have discussed this at length via PM and have come to terms with where this conversation was going.
I still do feel taken-advantage-of (by the game being cut in half in order to sell us two games instead of one), but I don't want to go the route of slamming someone in particular for the actions of a big money making game developer.

Edited on 05/02/2011 at 4:52:10 AM PST


 
lilbit___
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Disturbing Trend

[Post New]by lilbit___ on May 1, 11 12:04 AM
I for one was very disapointed with the "ending" . While i really liked the game, the ending was quite abrupt and without some kind of closure for the main objective of the game. i dont feel like I finished it yet. I was so taken a back rthat I thought for sure I must have missed a bonus chapter or something. I double checked everywhere for it. Nope nothing. I really hope we dont have to wait a year for the next chapter. Oh well. I did enjoy the game, I just did not like the way it ended.

 
RickF
Minnow
Minnow
201 Posts

Re:Disturbing Trend

[Post New]by RickF on May 1, 11 4:02 PM
Carole; I guess Proxyman dosen't want to come out and play. I'm sorry I couldn't continue our conversation yesterday, but I had to be somewhere and my bride would have not been happy with me if I sat at the computer and debated the issue with him.

 
Proxyman
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

Re:Disturbing Trend

[Post New]by Proxyman on May 1, 11 6:03 PM
I already stated everythig I had on my mind. I thought that my answer to Old_Man_River said it all. But since you really want to continue, you can both PM me your questions, comments, insults or whatever you have in store for me... and you can toss me around all you want I will happily answer everything and react on whatever. I just don't thing that it will be discussion to the point, or one that others can benefit from, so I see no reason to continue in here. I still think that you have overreacted and I still don't share your point of view, but I respect it. So I hope that this is enough for you to keep playing, RickF

Since you said "bride", I'm guessing that you are getting married, or just did, so aside from our quarrel - best of luck to you both. And now, lets rumble

Edited on 05/01/2011 at 6:31:26 PM PST


 
yvonnehoho
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

Re:Disturbing Trend

[Post New]by yvonnehoho on May 1, 11 11:33 PM
playing a (nice) game is more important for me than the ending
having said that...it's only a game....
there are far more important things in life than arguing about some ending, it's a pure luxury problem
we donot have to play games....

 
snailysue
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Disturbing Trend

[Post New]by snailysue on May 5, 11 5:32 PM
Just to add my four penneth, I was shocked when it ended so abruptly, for two reasons. One was because it did end unexpectedly, and was then shown to be in two parts (so to speak!) and the other reason was because when I started the game and saw the clouds that the different levels sat on, it looked as though there would be quite a few levels.

I was therefore surprised and disappointed that it was quite a short game, especially for a Collector's Edition. I am saddened by the fact that CE's are becoming the norm now for this type of game, as I can't justify buying most and have to wait for the ordinary version. I hope the second part of this game will be an ordinary priced one.

The game is excellent and I have no complaints at all about the content and graphics or anything else - it was a pleasure to play

 
merry12
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Disturbing Trend

[Post New]by merry12 on May 7, 11 9:50 AM
Here is my bottom line, this game was no good....too short, too dark no ending. But it has been so long that I had a true lousy game, I guess i can get over it. The part that is most upsetting is I paid for the collectors edition. It was over so fast I thought something was wrong. Sometimes you cant always hit a home run.

 
TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

Re:Disturbing Trend

[Post New]by TerryMann on May 14, 11 1:36 AM
RickF wrote:Proxyman; so what you are implying, or outright telling me and others is we have no right to an opinion. Its no wonder so many great reviewers (i.e. Terry Mann, Goofy duck, Poodlebear and Dr. Good) have stopped posting. When we cannot post without having the self appointed pond police criticize our post.


I couldn't agree with you anymore...

I don't post anymore...for obvious reasons

Honestly, I miss posting my reviews...but WHAT I DON'T MISS is the complaining, especially when the complaints have nothing to do with the game itself, it's as if the members are lurking to see which....reviews they can critcize....just to critcize.
Now, whether a game is too short, too long...good, bad...not worth the money or whatever the case may be...everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I got a great idea...and just be happy for what we got...instead of getting all bent out of shape for what we don't have.
Life's way too short to argue over something so darn trivial.

I say...enjoy what BFish has to offer...there will be a game you all will eventually be happy with

 
 
 
 
Go to: