shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Chronicles: Betrayals of Love

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 1, 11 12:15 AM
I played this beta a while back and it looked really good! Great graphics and very good HOG scenes with many active areas to search and wander amongst. I can't wait to finish playing this one...

Edited on 05/01/2011 at 8:23:33 AM PST

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Chronicles: Betrayals of Love

[Post New]by sunnyglow on May 1, 11 12:26 AM
Have played only fifteen minutes but seems like a very good game. Objects were hard for me to see in the hidden object scenes and I have a large screen. The graphics are excellent. Seems to be a good adventure game. I got a kick out of one of the tombstones in the cemetery having nonsense letter across the front. I will have a better idea of the game once I really get into it. Will probably purchase the game. Just be warned that the hidden objects are hard to locate. If I can't find them with a 32" monitor, I cannot imagine finding them with a laptop. Seems like these game developers either need to provide a magnifying glass option or stop trying to be so "sneaky"

[Post New]by leapfrog0202 on May 1, 11 12:32 AM
Have played about 20 minutes of this game and I love it!

Nice clear graphics, different type of mini games than the usual - at least 2 already that I've never seen before.

Although some items are a little difficult to find I only used 2 hints in 20 minutes and I'm playing on a laptop. Of course, lighting and all sorts of other factors make a difference so I'm not saying someone else won't find the items difficult to see as did a previous reviewer. I just didn't have a problem.

I did multiple mis-clicks on purpose and didn't see any sort of penalty. This may be one of those games where you either really need to mis-click a LOT to trigger it or there may be no penalty. I also thought the hint recharged rather quickly - maybe a minute?

Going to bed now but will definitely be purchasing this tomorrow.

Enjoy everyone and to those in the US, Happy Mother's Day!

[Post New]by leapfrog0202 on May 1, 11 12:34 AM
P.S. If you are also in a country that celebrates Mother's Day today, Happy Mother's Day to you too! Didn't mean to leave anyone out.

I always read reviews before bothering to download so I figured I'd post a review to help out all the people whose reviews I have read in the past. Thanks for all the great information everyone.

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on May 1, 11 12:50 AM
I played 30 minutes before I quit for the night. (morning actually) I liked the game, but the mini-puzzles were tough and I skipped all but one and that was the maze. I guess I could have used the walkthrough but I didn't. I tried to solve them but I couldn't get those things to move in the right direction. Urg.......I hate to give up so I will get some sleep and try again later. I think this one is definitely worth a coupon.

Joy

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 1, 11 12:53 AM
Happy May Day to all!

Basic Options on the game. Sound, Music, Fullscreen, Widescreen and Custom Cursor. And a help button to describe the actions.
There is a diary to read when you get into the game. The hint does not take long to re-charge and there is a swirling cursor to penalise you for over clicking! The usual items to find in the H0 scenes, feathers, grasshoppers etc., unlike Voodoo which had some unusual items The graphis were not crisp and some of the items are hard to find as they are almost greyed out into the blurry background. (No, I do not need specs! As others seem to think that the graphics are clear, I even checked with my 23 year old DS!) I have come across 3 mini games so far, a maze, a moving furniture one and getting 2 arcs into each other, all reasonably easy to do and I think that there was a skip button.
There is not a choice of modes, which some fishies may find difficult but there are sparkles all over the place . So, it is not hard to know what to do. I am not convinced that this is a good follow up to the last Mystery Chronicles but will try it for a little longer. Have fun all

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on May 1, 11 1:12 AM
Great game...The music is acceptable, nothing annoying...the plot is understandable. The H.O.G.'s are difficult...The mini games are difficult...I really appreciate this game and may buy

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on May 1, 11 1:16 AM
I liked the music, the drawings were nothing spectacular. To be honest i found it kind of dull, same ole, same ole. The find items were poorly defined altho i guess they are supposed to be. Mystery Chronicles in general, has taken quite a tumble from Large File Adventure to Mediocre, small games. So far the minigames are stretchers and time fillers. Find x amount of something, Give me a break. For those of you who like the game. Enjoy and have a Happy May Day.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 1, 11 1:25 AM
I bought the game, because: 1) very intriguing plot; 2) no penalty for over clicks (yay).

In any other case, I wouldn't buy it: objects are much too small, and blended to the background (when searching for hacksaw, the hint gave me a fading rectangle???!!!)!!!
Why developers? Do you hate us?

Hint system is very good and helpful. Graphics are very good. Objects screens are overloaded with junk pile, and that doesn't ease my life...

Please try the game before you decide if to buy it - it's very personal decision...

Happy gaming!

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on May 1, 11 1:28 AM
With a game that has had so much work put into the graphics etc, why oh why wasn't there an 'advanced' option ie no sparkles?
I'm finding the sparkles and exclamation marks very annoying in an otherwise excellent game!

Edited to say that once into the game, the sparkles weren't over done, and didn't distract from the overall game play!

Edited on 05/01/2011 at 4:56:17 AM PST

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on May 1, 11 1:36 AM
Happy Mothers day to those fishes who have it today. ( I had mine weeks ago LOL)

I love this game & will buy.

Even in the opening cartoon video, the drawings are so clear & the colours so pretty, I knew I was going to like this one.

So far, with 7 mins left, I have visited a wide range of locations. There is dialogue to interact with the characters & this is indicated by a blue ! above the head.

The hiddden objects are tricky & quite unseable to start with, but then I found they would clarify & jump out at me as if by magic. I am on a laptop & do not have brilliant eyes but only used a hint once & that was to try it out.

The mini games are skipabale, but although different & needing a logical approach, I found rather fun, but there again I do really like to take my time with these games.

My guess would be if you take your time & not try to race through it, saunter along in a lazy fashion, you will get a lot more out of this game than becoming frustrated because you can't move at a quicker pace.

The plot is an investigation of murder set at the turn of the last century in England. However, although I do not know the ending, there is something very "deja vu" about it & I would bet money I know who did it already LOL.

Surprisingly & disappointingly so far, there has not been a kookaburra in sight nor sound LOL

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on May 1, 11 1:40 AM
The help system is okay, though I found it slow to recharge. The biggest problems I had were a stiff cursor that was very difficult to move (to the point where I had a sore arm halfway through the game and most of the mini-games, which involved moving things from side to side, were unplayable) and TINY graphics; so many items were painfully small and indistinguishable from their backgrounds. I ended up having to use the hint button to find half of the items because I just couldn't SEE anything.

That said, the story was good (I don't know who killed the Countess, but there were plenty of suspects!) and that kept me entertained for the full hour, despite the stiff cursor and minute hidden objects. I just wish that the game itself had been more playable.

The story part, I'd give an A to. The game part...C to C-minus. It should have been better...but sadly, it wasn't.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 1, 11 1:40 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:I bought the game, because: 1) very intriguing plot; 2) no penalty for over clicks (yay).

In any other case, I wouldn't buy it: objects are much too small, and blended to the background (when searching for hacksaw, the hint gave me a fading rectangle???!!!)!!!
Why developers? Do you hate us?

Hint system is very good and helpful. Graphics are very good. Objects screens are overloaded with junk pile, and that doesn't ease my life...

Please try the game before you decide if to buy it - it's very personal decision...

Happy gaming!

LOL! You did not try hard enough, like I did, to to get the click penalty. As I said in my review, there is a swirling cursor. LOL! Enjoy the game and have fun

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 1, 11 1:42 AM
Nice to see you Goofyduck, I was not in the forums much yesterday, so I do not know if you posted. Welcome back and I hope that you enjoy the game.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on May 1, 11 1:49 AM
It's a DD for me. Loved the story and the graphics, but agree that the actual gameplay was a bit ****-hum. Nothing new or special. Mini-games - nice to see a maze for a change. Didn't understand the arc ones and got fed up moving furniture around!

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on May 1, 11 1:51 AM
As others have said, the game is quite intriguing and the minigames are fun. The hidden object scenes are a bit challenging, but it always takes me a while to get use to how the artist renders items and where they are hidden. My cursor is very sluggish, though: I had trouble moving the figure through the maze as a result. Haven't solved very many of the challenges but have a number of objects to find, but it's late and I need to get to bed.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 1, 11 1:57 AM
I like the game, but the scenes are very difficult to see (I need a loop). I like the puzzles. I am going to think of I buy this one.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on May 1, 11 2:02 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:I played this beta a while back and it looked really good! Great graphics and very good HOG scenes with many active areas to search and wander amongst. I can't wait to finish playing this one...

Well if my friend says it's good it's definitely worth the download. And I downloaded it and the graphics rock! Definitely a purchase here. Doh! Just read this is the next one in the series Murder Amongst Friends, definite purchase. I can see the hidden objects no problem on my laptop that has a 16.9 inch screen or my 22 inch desktop screen.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on May 1, 11 2:02 AM

Welcome Back goofy!!!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 1, 11 2:06 AM
sassylassie wrote:
shadowfax44 wrote:I played this beta a while back and it looked really good! Great graphics and very good HOG scenes with many active areas to search and wander amongst. I can't wait to finish playing this one...

Well if my friend says it's good it's definitely worth the download. And I downloaded it and the graphics rock! Definitely a purchase here. Doh! Just read this is the next one in the series Murder Amongst Friends, definite purchase. I can see the hidden objects no problem on my laptop that has a 16.9 inch screen or my 22 inch desktop screen.

I will change my review a little. As you get further into the game, the graphics are a lot better but I am still cross with the hand holding sparkles! LOL!
Have a nice day.

Go to: