shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 1, 11 12:16 AM
Downloading Now!! LOLOL

I played this beta a while back and it looked really good! Great graphics and very good HOG scenes with many active areas to search and wander amongst. I can't wait to finish playing this one...

Enjoy your Sunday morning with a good game and a

Cryssie64
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by Cryssie64 on May 1, 11 12:19 AM
Right there with you shadowfax - me downloading too!!! LOL

I haven't seen anything at all about this game, so it will be a total surprise! With a bit of luck and a following wind, I'll leave a more meaningful comment on the other thread! Happy May, btw.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 1, 11 12:22 AM
Welcome to the forums Cryssie!

Happy May Day to you too! I cannot believe that it is May already... didn't this year just start? It really seems like it did.

rhorho
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by rhorho on May 1, 11 12:25 AM
Are the punch cards still going? I saw the advertisment that if you buy one CE or two SE games in the month of May you get a free game.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 1, 11 12:26 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention the game coupon give-away in May.

Holy guacamole! They are going to be giving out a ton of free coupons away in May.

You only have to buy 2 SE games or 1 CE game to get a free coupon!?! Wow!! Add to that the coupons they will send out for full punchcards.

BFG must have had VERY good first quarter earnings!!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 1, 11 12:29 AM
rhorho wrote:Are the punch cards still going? I saw the advertisment that if you buy one CE or two SE games in the month of May you get a free game.

I am pretty certain that they are rhorho - at least I haven't seen anything posted by BFG or received any emails from them stating otherwise and I am sure that they would notify us before a new month started if they were going to discontinue the punch card program. I am just sure we would have seen tons of posts about it in the CCC forums because people would be very upset!!

I think this coupon give-away is just a "thank you" type of bonus for us customers.

Does anybody know anything different about this?

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 1, 11 12:33 AM
I have been saying all along that we hoggers will buy if they give us good games. Since they have finally appeared to be listening, and I know many of us have been buying, it is nice to get a little something back. I wound up with four punch cards filled, and four left over yesterday. Just couldn't find two more I wanted to buy. I am off to play this one now. I expect to enjoy this one

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on May 1, 11 12:34 AM
Downloading now -- really curious about this game with the on it already.

Saw the pop-up about free game coupons this month. Thought I must have read it wrong until I saw your posts. May was going to be my "cut down on the game buying" month. Guess Bfg changed that for me.

Edited on 05/01/2011 at 12:36:18 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 1, 11 12:39 AM
Hi there,
I managed to "remember" a couple of games I had on my "maybe" list yesterday to fill my fourth PC also (usually only have 3 - and I didn't buy all of the CEs offered this month!!).
Hope this is enjoyable - though I will probably fulfil the requirements for the free game on Thursday anyway!!
DL almost finished. Pop back in later with my short idea of the game.
Cheers
Edited: Oops, I made a new word - forfill!!

Edited on 05/01/2011 at 12:41:12 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 1, 11 12:41 AM
LOL mcurty!!

I guess their coupon give-away is already working!!
That was their whole plan - to drain our bank accounts.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 1, 11 12:42 AM
Happy May Day to everyone!
What a beautiful sunny day, here in the UK again! That was the chit-chat.
Why do Dev's grey out H0 items instead of crisp graphics with cleverly hidden items? AND why do they have the swirling cursor or anything else as a slap for over clicking!!! That was the rant!
I liked the other game in this series, not sure if this one is going to be as good.That was my comment.
Did I do ok? LOL!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 1, 11 12:46 AM
BRAVO peglegann!!
I like this better than the first game only because this is much more interactive.

@DragonLadyOz: 3 punch cards?? I would like to thank you for financing my free coupon that I will get from the free coupon give-away this month!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 1, 11 12:47 AM
Hi there,
I thought the name sounded familiar - Murder Amongst Friends was the first. I don't haven't redownloaded it onto my laptop, so couldn't find it initially. Was good in its time.
Mother's Day next Sunday here in Australia, but hope all of you who are celebrating it today have a lovely day.
Cheers

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 1, 11 12:50 AM
Hi there Shadowfax,
I'll help you because I know its early morning where you are.
I made it to 4 this month!!!
Cheers.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 1, 11 12:56 AM
@DragonLadyOz:

Thank you ever so much miss smarty pants!! LOL
Everybody who knows me realizes that I need as much help as I can get.

Mother's Day is on May 8th here in the USA too.

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on May 1, 11 1:09 AM
I noticed that today's dd is little noir stories -the case of the missing girl. Does anybody know if this means its been fixed as I have had it from the beginning and never been able to finish it as it kept freezing up, even though I deleted and re- downloaded several times. Does any one remember seeing an update on this. If so I will re-download and try again. It was so frustrating not to know how the story ended!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 1, 11 1:09 AM
I saw that banner for the May free game with 2 SEs or 1 CE and clicked Learn More to see if it was for members only or anyone else. I though oh oh, that is replacing 6 punches maybe? Or, how does it work along with our usual cards, one extra card? On the next page it doesn't answer those questions but at the bottom of the text, scroll down it says More Info. Click that and I get a page (still BF) My Stuff on left side, Purchase History etc. But body of page says Permission Denied. Looks like a Help page. Under that it says This answer is no longer available.

Bottom left is topic Promotions, click and this May thing isn't listed.

I have a sneaking feeling this is an error, it doesn't make sense to me. There is no promo code to use for one free game with a CE. Won't be the first time someone was asleep on the switch on a weekend or new month.

Confused wording on the Learn more Offer Details says by11.59pm PST ON May 31st and receive coupon. I could read that to mean buy your game(s) ON that date, not during the month?

They don't call me Puzzled for nothin. But I'm not choosing my CE yet, messing up my punch card strategy again

Anyone?? Can you get a detail page from More Information? Me thinks this is open no non members if it isn't available to link to for me.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 1, 11 1:11 AM
OK! I appreciate the offer of getting free punches, but I cannot seem to use my bought credits never mind the "free" punches, as I have to pay out separately for the CE's which I do love So, a better present, to me, would be 2 "bought credits to be allowed on CE's. Do not mean to stir up the usual hornets nest but that seriously would mean more to me

PS. I am still smarting from the fact it costs us more in the UK than the US, for any game. I think we are being charged P & P for things like the plush fishies that go out to all! LOL!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 1, 11 1:13 AM
Hehe, May 8th is my father's birthday... so I'll celebrate Mother's day and Father's birthday...

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 1, 11 1:14 AM
puzzledone, I would imagine that for the month of May, they will alter the billing system, to automatically make these changes and then revert back at the end of May. BUT we all know how wrong these changeovers can go

Go to: