chrishenri
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

help with arc in dining room

[Post New]by chrishenri on May 1, 11 5:32 AM
Hi all, was wondering if anyone had completed this puzzle? It says you can only move the arc if the gold piece is inside, could not get them to move, probably having a dumb moment but could not figure out puzzle. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

Re:help with arc in dining room

[Post New]by sinshack on May 1, 11 5:44 AM
Click on the gold piece (star) first, then on the square you want it to move to. I managed to solve the first puzzle, where there were only 2 arcs, but when I got to another puzzle with 3 arcs I had to give up and skip.

chrishenri
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by chrishenri on May 1, 11 5:49 AM
Thanks, will go try now! Thank you

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 1, 11 5:55 AM
You can only move the arcs when the gold piece is inside the one that you are trying to move. The trick with the 3 arcs puzzle, is to put the gold piece inside the small silver coloured arc, to move it towards the lowered, dual coloured arc and then the small silvered arc can be moved up the screen inside the dual coloured arc.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on May 1, 11 6:00 AM
peglegann wrote:You can only move the arcs when the gold piece is inside the one that you are trying to move. The trick with the 3 arcs puzzle, is to put the gold piece inside the small silver coloured arc, to move it towards the lowered, dual coloured arc and then the small silvered arc can be moved up the screen inside the dual coloured arc.

I can't get the arcs to move with the gold piece inside. Have already skipped one and am about to skip the other. It's frustrating.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 1, 11 6:02 AM
jennsmom wrote:
peglegann wrote:You can only move the arcs when the gold piece is inside the one that you are trying to move. The trick with the 3 arcs puzzle, is to put the gold piece inside the small silver coloured arc, to move it towards the lowered, dual coloured arc and then the small silvered arc can be moved up the screen inside the dual coloured arc.

I can't get the arcs to move with the gold piece inside. Have already skipped one and am about to skip the other. It's frustrating.

You cannot move the arcs upwards, with the peice inside, only sideways or down.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on May 1, 11 11:15 AM
pegleann, I just couldn't get the things to move. I thank you for your suggestion , but I skipped the puzzle. Come to think of it, I skipped them in Beta too, and I think addressed them in my comments. Anyway, I'm off to play the rest of the game.

Audreyfavre
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyfavre on May 1, 11 11:54 AM
SPOILER ALERT!

I solved this puzzle purely by accident. In the one with the 3 arcs, you only have to get the two silver ones together. The gold arc is just there to help you move the other 2 arcs around. Hope this helps someone.
Audrey

Edited on 05/01/2011 at 12:08:52 PM PST

Go to: