truddi
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

stuttering cursor

[Post New]by truddi on May 1, 11 6:49 AM
[b][i]I so wanted to like this game after reading reviews, but when I clicked into screens, (ie the maze) the cursor floats so much I cannot stop it on the objects to play those scenes?

Anyone else got this problem, or any pointers (no pun intended) how to fix this?
Not a happy bunny

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Re:stuttering cursor

[Post New]by sassylassie on May 1, 11 6:57 AM
My cursor is running perfectly I'm sorry.

haggishead
Shark
Shark
13,780 Posts

[Post New]by haggishead on May 1, 11 7:16 AM
hi truddi...my cursor was kind of iffy so I opted for the non-game cursor and everything seems ok.

hope this helps you.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 1, 11 7:18 AM
Hello truddi! Welcome to the game forums.

When I have cursor problems in a game, I can usually solve them by going into the game options and choosing to use the system cursor instead of the custom game cursor. This game does have that option available. Perhaps this will help you? I hope so because I don't know what else to suggest.

While I am on a tech subject here, I have an observation...
Why haven't the Mods started a tech thread for this game?
Does anybody know... guess they took the weekend off. LOL

ETA: Oops Haggishead - I guess you posted while I was typing. LOL

Edited on 05/01/2011 at 7:19:09 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 1, 11 7:22 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:Hello truddi! Welcome to the game forums.

When I have cursor problems in a game, I can usually solve them by going into the game options and choosing to use the system cursor instead of the custom game cursor. This game does have that option available. Perhaps this will help you? I hope so because I don't know what else to suggest.

While I am on a tech subject here, I have an observation...
Why haven't the Mods started a tech thread for this game?
Does anybody know... guess they took the weekend off. LOL

ETA: Oops Haggishead - I guess you posted while I was typing. LOL

More often than not, on a Sunday, they do not post either a C & R thread or a tech thread. Having a lie in, I think

mtgirl
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,151 Posts

[Post New]by mtgirl on May 1, 11 8:48 AM
I am also having the very same problems with the cursor. Nothing has worked to solve it.I am going to try and ininstall, and then reinstall. i have not purchased it yet,because of this,but I would like to.

IT WORKED!!!

Edited on 05/01/2011 at 11:54:23 AM PST

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on May 1, 11 11:56 AM
Hi everyone!

If you're encountering issues with both the custom and system cursors, then it may help to run some quick updates for your video card driver and DirectX. More information can be found in this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you have any questions on the steps, or if the trouble persists, please be sure to contact our Customer Support team and they'll be happy to help further. They can also document the different types of systems that are being affected, in case there are any trends with the error.

Customer Support can be reached anytime via the green envelope to the right or through Live Chat Support if you're a Game Club member (open from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday).

I'm also going to lock this thread up so that we can keep all technical issues together in our official tech thread that has now been posted. Please feel free to re-post in that thread, which can be found here.

Thanks and hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

Go to: