bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Post any Mystery Chronicles: Betrayals of Love technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgDonau on May 1, 11 8:20 AM
If you are having problems getting Mystery Chronicles: Betrayals of Love to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct common issues in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

wjnank
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Chronicles: Betrayals of Love technical issues here only

[Post New]by wjnank on May 1, 11 8:51 AM
Betrayals of Love seems like a terrific game but I am having trouble in spots. For instance, when I examine the fountain the game slows down and my cursor begins to stall and the whole scene becomes "jumpy". The same thing happened at the garden maze and it makes the game unplayable. I'd love some help to solve this problem.
Thank you!

[Post New]by CalifDreaming on May 1, 11 10:04 AM
Good Morning Fishies. I had a problem at the very beginning of the demo. I got a BLACK screen w/music still playing after they showed the scene w/the fisherman in his boat fishing & before any dialogue. When I clicked the game came on.
When I got to the scene w/the carriage & the note a pop-up screen came up asking if I wanted the "Help" screen. I clicked "yes" and then my screen went BLACK again. Music stopped & no amt of clicking or hitting escape would get me out. Had to do a Ctrl, Alt, Delete to get out.
When I again clicked on the game I went to Options. It shows "3 D mode". I clicked it to remove it for me, went to start the game again. Everything is fine.
If anyone else has had the same problem, I hope this helps you.
May 1st already? I'm tired of the rain. I'm hoping for

Edited on 05/01/2011 at 10:51:02 AM PST

topgamma58
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by topgamma58 on May 1, 11 10:38 AM
I'm having the same problem as wjnank. It happened at the fountain and the maze. I'll wait and see if anyone else has this problem before I buy. I really liked what I played except for the spots that go into slow motion.

me2you
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by me2you on May 1, 11 10:59 AM
the same thing happened to me regaurding the jumpy-slowing down + not being able to control the mouse/curser.i did uninstall it then reinstalled it but same thing.i love this sort of game.funny how it never happens on a collectors game[of which i buy a lot].please sort it.thank you.
Just popped back back to say i did as CALIFDREAMING said + clicked the 3d thibg-- hey it worked.went blank-pressed ctrl+alt -the fog was gone + curser was working.try it.gl.

Edited on 05/01/2011 at 11:46:02 AM PST

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on May 1, 11 10:59 AM
topgamma58 wrote:I'm having the same problem as wjnank. It happened at the fountain and the maze. I'll wait and see if anyone else has this problem before I buy. I really liked what I played except for the spots that go into slow motion.

Having the same problem....hope it gets fixed soon!!

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on May 1, 11 11:31 AM
Hi everyone!

Thanks for reporting the issues you've encountered with the jumpy mouse or the game freezing around the fountain. It may help to check for some updates for your system with the steps in this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

But if the trouble persists afterwards, then please contact our Customer Support team and send over a Dr. Felix Report if possible. Using this report, they'll be able to help troubleshoot, and they can also gather information on which types of systems are being affected by this error.

Customer Support can be reached anytime via the green envelope to the right or through Live Chat Support if you're a Game Club member (open from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday).

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

Jenoli
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Jenoli on May 1, 11 11:37 AM
Hi, I am having the same problem with jumpy screen. Stopped custom cursor and still the same. It only happens at the fountain and the maze so far. Looks a good game but won't buy until this is sorted.

Jenoli
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Jenoli on May 1, 11 11:51 AM
update: I stopped the 3d mode and it now works fine. Thanks Califdreaming!

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on May 1, 11 1:20 PM
I was also having problems with a jumpy cursor and slow graphics until I unchecked the 3d mode in options as Jenoli did, and now everything works fine.
And I can't tell any difference in graphics quality between 3d and non 3d, they still look good.

JudyAlex
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by JudyAlex on May 1, 11 3:32 PM
The audio of this game has a distorted sound. I have not had any problem with this on any of my other games. Is anyone else having this problem?

penhaligon
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by penhaligon on May 1, 11 10:27 PM
I am having the same problem. Black screens, music playing at the very beginning. Again when I had gone throught he gate beyond the fountain.

Edited on 05/01/2011 at 10:28:34 PM PST

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by pgillenw on May 2, 11 6:48 PM
[b]This game played well on Win 7 64-bit OS, screen resolution set at 1600 x 900. It would have been lovely if it had been widescreen however it was alas OK.

recliner24
Salmon
Salmon
2,957 Posts

[Post New]by recliner24 on May 3, 11 8:01 AM
Turning off the 3D did help with cursor but another problem ........game was very slow going to the **** screens and then screen froze............really looks like a good game but need the problems fixed.

Will try uninstalling & try again.

Edited on 05/03/2011 at 8:03:06 AM PST

recliner24
Salmon
Salmon
2,957 Posts

[Post New]by recliner24 on May 3, 11 1:12 PM
Reinstalled game and had the same problem............would love to buy it when it is working. But immovable cursor, freezing screen and very slow to open when gets to **** screen.

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on May 4, 11 11:13 AM
I downloaded the demo, it would not open at all.

Izziewizz
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Izziewizz on May 4, 11 11:52 AM
I can't play some of the puzzles - I'm not able to slide the arcs in the arc puzzles, or get the sliders working on the barn door.

I've tried both custom cursor and system cursor, and the problem's the same with both.

ph34r
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by ph34r on May 7, 11 6:53 PM
i can't find slingshot
already played twice, still no slingshot!

i'm using this walkthrough
http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/mystery-chronicles-betrayals-of-love-walkthrough

beachmama
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by beachmama on May 11, 11 7:04 AM
Same thing happened to me. Jumpy, erratic curser. Will delete and reinstall to see if that helps. Otherwise it seemed as if I would buy but not until it's fixed.

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on May 11, 11 3:20 PM
The demo would not download, kept giving me error messages. Tried it a few times but no go.

Go to: