Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

Solitaire Pop - Comment & Review

[Post New]by Bpup on May 1, 11 12:49 PM
I played a half hour of the demo of this game, and am surprised that this game hasn't gotten more notice. Perhaps BFG should offer it as a DD.

I was impressed with the solid artwork, good coloring and well designed gameplay. The artwork style reminded me a little of Fairway Solitaire in that everything was clear and not muddy-looking. Everything worked smoothly with no lags. Grammar and spelling were correct. As you collected each piece of the artifact being searched for, you were given a brief, interesting historical background story to the piece or the site. You earned a photograph of the dig site in addition to the artifact piece for each completed "dig" on the site.

You have to make sequences of card tiles going low to high, or high to low. Points increase if you make sequences of alternating colors, etc. As you are making the sequences, you are also trying to match out all of the cards in a deck. A par is also established for each round, so there are a number of ways you can try to improve and beat your own score if you like to replay games; good re-playability with this game.

Various and different hazard and bonus tiles appear as game play progresses, making the game more interesting. The game has an expedition mode and a challenge mode. I played the expedition one: there are five archeological sites that you visit to try to recover an artifact; the first site had ten "digs". There were bonus artifacts to earn if you met certain goals in each round (I didn't earn any).

The designer of this game is Say Design Inc.

Edited on 06/18/2011 at 9:30:43 AM PST

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

Re:Solitaire Pop - Comment & Review

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Mar 5, 12 7:10 PM
I agree with Bpup. I bought the game and like it, only criticism is that when the tiles are on fire or doing some other negative thing, no matter how many times you get rid of them you can't get rid of the fire. Well, eventually. I really don't like that aspect.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Mar 24, 12 4:41 PM
This game keeps getting harder and harder to the point where you can no longer finish a game. It's really fun at first, too bad it doesn't stay that way.

ktk514
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ktk514 on May 29, 12 4:50 PM
I really like it too. It's addictive. I'm on the Birka expedition dig 10, and all but 2 tiles are frozen, and 2 not frozen aren't close together, so I can't play. Does anyone know if it unfreezes, or is this the end of the game for me?

ktk514
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ktk514 on May 30, 12 7:02 AM
Ok. Mine is completely hosed now. I tried starting a new game, I un-installed and re-installed the game, and still, as soon as I start to play, all but 2 tiles freeze up, and the 2 that are not frozen, are not together, so I cannot use them. I had to just remove the game. Dangit. Any ideas of how to make it work again would be MUCH appreciated.

Go to: