gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

What a shame!!!

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on May 1, 11 4:35 PM
I was so excited to see this here but... they totally wrecked it. Why do you take a wonderful classic game like Myst and make it 360 degree?!?!!?

I bet you LOSE a lot more sales than you gain by doing that... and you probably won't even know since most won't post they just won't buy.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

Re:What a shame!!!

[Post New]by mcurty on May 1, 11 7:01 PM
I had a similar reaction when I bought and started to play it. The developers who did this thought they were modernizing the game, but adding the 360 spoiled the game for me. I will try to play it someday for the extra chapter but it will have to be done in smaller sessions.

There are a lot of players who really like the 360, so I guess it's another case of "can't please everyone".

NCwriter
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by NCwriter on Apr 16, 13 10:32 AM
Agree TOTALLY!!!!! I was so excited to see this on BigFish that I didn't even read the description or download the trial--I bought it immediately. But my excitement turned to absolute fury when I saw what they had done by making it 3D. I loved the dreamy, ethereal atmosphere and beautiful music that sucked me into the Myst world back when it first came out, and that's what I was expecting to enjoy again. But this is NOTHING like that--I find myself lurching around, racing along sidewalks, bumping into things and having to back up to aim exactly where I want to go...I didn't buy this expecting to play an arcade game. I am so disappointed.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Apr 15, 14 2:22 PM
I thought I was the only one who cant deal with 360.
Its a huge problem for me in all games.

Go to: