shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for The Secret of Hildegards

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 2, 11 12:13 AM
I will leave the reviews to the experts... you know who you are.

ETA: I will just add my two cents though at the advice of another esteemed IHOGger:

I tried this game and realized very quickly that it is a straight HOG and so not really my cup of any more. Maybe 3 or so years ago but not now. If I am wrong about this, feel free to jump in and correct me. This happens to me a lot because I am wrong a lot... so I am used to it.

Edited on 05/02/2011 at 10:04:25 AM PST

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Secret of Hildegards

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 2, 11 12:34 AM
I played for 30 minutes. It's a straight HOG game and after a scene you get a puzzle (no instructions). I found it a little boring. So, no buy for me.

For those who like it, happy gaming!

tehi
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by tehi on May 2, 11 12:49 AM
Yikes....2 disappointing comments....
I too don't care for straight HOGs so I guess we'll see. We have been spoiled with some GREAT adventure HOGs in the past few years so this sounds like maybe I'll be a little bored also. I'll still give it a try...always do

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on May 2, 11 12:56 AM
No thank you. Nothing but Find Scenes and a puzzle at the end without instructions. Only 1 hint showing in the Hint Button which I used at the end of each scene just to hurry it up. Wonder what those buttons collected were gonna be used on. Right now I just wont find out. No buy today.

antiquer
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,386 Posts

[Post New]by antiquer on May 2, 11 12:58 AM
It states it is a hidden object/adventure game. I have not seen any adventure yet after 30 minutes of play. Just one H0 after another. Also there is no looking around to see what to do next as you have to follow the arrows and/or the sparkles.
Go left, back up, go right, click on sparkles, find the objects, Repeat.
Sorry but I did not care for this one.
I find some of the H0 adventure games hard for me but this was very easy and IMO boring.

jeffory
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by jeffory on May 2, 11 12:59 AM
It is not only a straight HOG they cannot even get the objects right, a watch is a clock in one scene and a clock in another an there were a few others in the one hour demo which I almost finished and could not take the game any longer...the graphics are awful, the music stinks and overall this is the worst game I have demoed in quite awhile.....

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on May 2, 11 1:06 AM
Good Morning Fishes.

I have played 50 mins of the demo & probably would have got further if I hadn't stopped to hear about the demise of "You Know Who". ( & if you don't switch on the news )

Well It didn't start well when I tried to type in my name, Joanne & it would only let me type in 5 letters.

Although the objects are quite visible, I found the scenes rather blurry. I did all the usual, cleaned my glasses, cleaned my screen, but still not sharp.

I hated the hint system. I only got one hint at a time in as far as I got. And I missed that. If you press the hint button, then a tiny blue sparkle shines for a few seconds only before it disappears & as it does not generate from the hint button, you need quick eyes to find it. The button does refill quickly though.

It is all object scene, puzzle, object scene, puzzle. The puzzles are good, I skipped on, those slider make a picture ones & the skip button appears quite quickly too.

I would guess as to how far I have got, this game is of reasonable length.

However, I found it boring, after all the games we have had recently.

However, if you like a quiet paced game, this is for you.

Sorry a no buy from me.

Jojo

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on May 2, 11 1:23 AM
Thanks for all the reviews, this is going straight to my reject list - straight HOGs are not for me any longer - so saved me the D/L time

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 2, 11 1:24 AM
You start off in the grounds of the estate and there are 3 H0 scenes on the left of the house and 3 on the right, all of which are illuminated by sparkles so that you can't miss them. Each scene has several of one item eg feathers, birds, butterflies and springs. Once you have found all the objects in each scene you have to do a mini puzzle in order to be able to collect the one item in the scene that it is obvious you are going to need ... a piece for the puzzle for the front door.

I found the graphics to be very fuzzy and, although the actual objects were slightly clearer, hiding dark objects against a dark background does not make for happy finding . Clicking wrongly resulted in the screen freezing and turning red for a few seconds. I muted the music near the beginning of the game but I was trying to listen to the good news being reported on TV.

I always like to try and find something good to say about a game and in this instance I can report that the hint recharges and the puzzles have a skip button .

Cherb

[Post New]by farfromthefar on May 2, 11 1:38 AM
I thought the graphics were lovely, the music was very pleasant, the hog scenes were good and the puzzles enjoyable. One can float along finding, solving, finding more etc in a peaceful haze. The shortcoming is there is absolutely no story line, no sense that you are actually doing anything or what, in fact, you might be expected to do since you have taken on this enormous responsibility. A great game if what you are in the mood for is a peaceful match three kind of game with no particular goals. Just before my trial was up the heroine spoke and said the keys must be in the cache. It reassured me that she hadn't slipped into a coma and left me to wander mindlessly forever.

teapotty2
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by teapotty2 on May 2, 11 1:41 AM
I persisted through 55 minutes of the demo at which point I encountered a major bug! At this point I could not continue

This is a hidden object game with some interaction. From Hidden Object scenes you do pick up items to go in the inventory for later use.

A few bugs in the demo I played were as follows:-

In one hidden object scene I was asked to find a cup!
Clicking on this cup many times I finally resorted to the hint button and lo and behold it was in fact the same cup I had located. Slightly buggy in that it seemed to be very sensitive as to where you clicked. I found the same problem in a later **** scene but this time clicked on the item moving my cursor in a few spots on the same item.

In one mini game where it was a spot the difference the skip button (once fully charged) failed twice bringing me back to the start of the spot the difference with all of the difference to find all over again (doing this twice I finally wised up and used the hint button to located the one missing difference)

The final straw was when an inventory item previously collected a key flashed repeatedly in my inventory box and could not be used at the small treasure chest on the steps!

Some readers may consider that information to be a spoiler. In which case I do apologise. I considered this bug a huge spoiler to tthe game play. If others can move past this point issue free I will be interested to hear what happens next

Edited on 05/02/2011 at 1:42:16 AM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 2, 11 1:44 AM
@ farfromthefar

Just before my trial was up the heroine spoke and said the keys must be in the cache. It reassured me that she hadn't slipped into a coma and left me to wander mindlessly forever

LOL that just about says it all. I won't even ask the length, probably just felt long

Hmmm news is so overwhelming, just not in the mood for a game unless maybe 5 stars.

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on May 2, 11 1:55 AM
Have to agree, this is a no-buy for me too. Straight HOG with poor graphics and very well-worn minigames.

However, we have had a lot of good games over the past couple of weeks so I'm really not complaining.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on May 2, 11 1:56 AM
Reviews so far are comprehensive and opinions echo mine, so won't repeat. I just need to add I felt trapped by the game since you could not back out of the H0G scenes.

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on May 2, 11 1:56 AM
dootney wrote:No thank you. Nothing but Find Scenes and a puzzle at the end without instructions. Only 1 hint showing in the Hint Button which I used at the end of each scene just to hurry it up. Wonder what those buttons collected were gonna be used on. Right now I just wont find out. No buy today.

Honestly, I couldn't say it better myself. The game is dull and slow, the graphics dark and dreary, and instructions for the puzzles after the hidden object scenes are nonexistent. It's very old-fashioned. HOGs can be so much more than this.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on May 2, 11 1:58 AM
This is a straight hog. I have out growen straight hogs. It's a nice littel game,but very basic. For those of you who like very basic hogs, this is the game for you. I would get it at dd price. But I'm a bigger fan of Ihogs,frogs,adventure games. This is not a buy for me. And I'm not going to rate it. It's to simplistic to rate. The graphics are very grainy and the objects are very hard to see and find. But to those of you who will love this game, enjoy. And to those of us who don't care for this one, tommorow is not far away for out turn.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on May 2, 11 1:58 AM
Devs: KOMAR GAMES. Options: Sliders for Music and sound. Other Options: Full Screen and Hardware Cursor. The music is monotonous and I quickly turned it OFF. To start the game click on Change (right at the bottom of the screen) to enter your name. This is limited to 5 characters ONLY. Then you have to hit ENTER on your keyboard. Artwork: Cartoon type cut scenes and muted H0 scenes. Dialogue can be ‘hurried along’ by clicking anywhere.

Story premise: Abigail is summoned to the solicitor’s office after her father has been missing for 3 days for the reading of the WILL!!! Given a letter and told she is now head of the family and must wake Adalar (Whose Adalar?) I suppose if I’d ‘hung’ in there I would have found out!

This is a straight H0G. You must go where the arrow point, and there are sparkles everywhere! The H0 scenes themselves are quite muted, and some objects are very difficult to find because of the colours in the scenes. You start with 0 hints and this actually fills up as you are searching for ‘hidden objects’ It’s a SLOW refill, and apparently can only be used when it's flashing. Misclick penalty: After 5 misclicks the screen goes RED and little chirping bats appear in the middle of the screen. This fades immediately.

After you have cleared the H0G scenes you are presented with a puzzle. There are NO INSTRUCTIONS for these, they obviously assume everyone knows what to do! The first one a ‘Gears’ (make all the wheels turn), and then you can collect some sort of stone medallion from the H0 scene that is still on screen. After the 2nd H0 scene (devs have been lazy here and you search for 7 X something, and you are asked to find a shovel. This is a TROWEL (and I did keep clicking on the large shovel mid picture!) 2nd Puzzle flip the tiles to change the colour from dark to light. Mercifully there is a SKIP button eventually, although I did have to click on this about three times before it actually realised I WANTED OUT!

I started again with a different profile, and the Hidden object scenes are EXACTLY the same, so not a lot of replay value here. I found this game extremely annoying, and very frustrating. This after 20 minutes and 2 profiles.

I notice someone has kindly said 'Old Fashioned' I need more than this to keep my interest in what is an extremely boring game!

Not one for me. 5 x

Kel

eta: Thanks _DD_ pm received

Edited on 05/02/2011 at 3:08:58 AM PST

tehi
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by tehi on May 2, 11 2:29 AM
Thank you Goofy and Kelvarda for great reviews ( and I know the screens were blown up yesterday with welcome backs to you Goofy but I'd like to say the same...you were missed.

I lasted about 20 min on the demo and just got bored. I did like the puzzles though but thought some were pretty tricky and with no instructions it might make it worse for some newbie gamers.

Lastly..as a Proud American I'de like to say to Everyone in the pond "God Bless EVERY Country and Nation that stands for freedom. One of the best parts of this game forum is bonding with "fellow fish" from all over the globe and realizing how we are alike in sooo many ways.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on May 2, 11 2:46 AM
my God!it is injury to my brain,this game!
and if God exists,it is His duty to bless everyone in pain in this world!and everyone who's fighting to survive with dignity
but this game .....too bad for spend my money(i played 45 mn,yet)

Edited on 05/02/2011 at 2:47:51 AM PST

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on May 2, 11 2:59 AM
very dissapointing game, no hints to what to do on minigames, or in the game itself
even very old games are way better than this one
def a NO BUY

Go to: