Post any The Secret of Hildegards technical issues here only

[Post New]by PandaBearCub on May 2, 11 8:27 AM
Since there isn't a technical issues thread I thought I'd start one. When I tried to play this game the cursor went crazy a few times and after awhile I decided to get out of the game but it completely locked up on me so I had to manually shut my computer down. Too bad though wasn't too bad a game. Liked how the objects were found and liked that there was a puzzle for each hog scene. puzzles weren't too hard.

Edited on 05/02/2011 at 9:59:16 AM PST

Re:Technical Issues

[Post New]by Paws4Awhile on May 2, 11 8:41 AM
I could not even change the PLAYER and enter my own name, got stuck on the very first screen, so do not know what the rest of the game is like.

Will not buy or even try the demon until all techincal issuses are looked after.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Re:Post any The Secret of Hildegards technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgDonau on May 2, 11 10:00 AM
Thanks for starting up this thread! I've edited the title and stickied it at the top of the Forum as our official tech thread.

If you are having problems getting The Secret of Hildegards to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct common issues in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread, it also helps to mention whether you're playing the PC or Mac version of the game.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

[Post New]by PandaBearCub on May 2, 11 12:35 PM
Thank you bfgDonau!

[Post New]by midnightmoose on May 2, 11 7:12 PM
Almost at the end of my demo time when I ran across a spot the difference scene, I could not click on one of the differences ( SPOILER- The tongs underneath the globe). I finally tried to skip this puzzle, and everytime I hit skip, the puzzle reset itself to the beginning. After three tries, I exited out of the game through the main menu. If I can't complete this puzzle, and can't skip it, the game can never be finished.

Oops! Forgot to add: PC version, Windows 7, 64 bit.

Edited on 05/02/2011 at 9:28:16 PM PST

seahoney
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by seahoney on May 2, 11 11:08 PM
got to the front door of the castle after finding all of the game pieces then the game locked up I had no idea what to do with the pieces and there was no way to find out. So I just Ctrl. lt deleted my way out of this game . Kinda boring anyway

[Post New]by dilliedallie01 on May 3, 11 2:22 AM
I got to the "Option Page" entered name , and it froze...Yikes: Was it something I did "Nay, it was the game, I left shut-down computer and re-entered the game ... : : So , I began to wonder.. : Is this a conspiracy on the Tomorrow Game and the TG Today .. I was hoping that I had the wrong . ....But alas this had been a running pattern of Late.. ..Look forward to giving this game a try..

Grimhild
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Grimhild on May 3, 11 1:47 PM
Tried to use the book at lower left to exit; it opened but wouldn't let me do anything--resume, options or main menu; the dust motes in the background were still floating so it wasn't frozen. Had to ctrl-alt-del and use task manager to close the game.

brat1943
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by brat1943 on May 4, 11 6:31 PM
can't do any thing had to shut my computer down manually.

stitchr
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by stitchr on May 7, 11 11:50 AM
I am stuck at the three arches. I click on the word start on the left side and it zooms in a little but then nothing works. Clicking according to the walkthrough does nothing either. Had to Ctrl/Alt/Del to get out of the game. I have purchased this game....now what do I do??

moetoole
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by moetoole on May 8, 11 11:31 AM
Can't get past the first screen.

[Post New]by santiquebabe on May 10, 11 2:55 PM
stitchr wrote:I am stuck at the three arches. I click on the word start on the left side and it zooms in a little but then nothing works. Clicking according to the walkthrough does nothing either. Had to Ctrl/Alt/Del to get out of the game. I have purchased this game....now what do I do??

YOU FOUND A WALKTHROUGH!!!???

[Post New]by santiquebabe on May 10, 11 3:11 PM
santiquebabe wrote:
stitchr wrote:I am stuck at the three arches. I click on the word start on the left side and it zooms in a little but then nothing works. Clicking according to the walkthrough does nothing either. Had to Ctrl/Alt/Del to get out of the game. I have purchased this game....now what do I do??

YOU FOUND A WALKTHROUGH!!!???

On the other hand:
I HAVE FOUND SEVERAL GLITCHES BUT HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GET THROUGH THE GAME 3 TIMES BUT IT WON'T LET ME USE MY NAME!
The 2nd game I played was really short ... did I somehow skip over some of the stages? I have not a clue how!?

I'm having trouble with "Windrose" I can't complete it ... The center circle won't light up and let me move it!
Several other weird little glitches I can't recall as I didn't write them down ...
Oh man ... I just LUV these Smiley's!!

[Post New]by kcgamegirl on May 12, 11 4:24 PM
Got to the area with the stone benches and the statues and the game freezes. There is an arrow that points to the "hint" which does not work. Very disappointed! Glad you can try before you buy. Many BF games are to slow, you don't have to work about us finishing the game in an hour, so let us have our hour without dragging from one scene to the next!

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on May 15, 11 3:42 AM
Stuck also at the 3 arches. Only way to get out of the game is cntr,alt, delete, what is that and why doesn't the directions to go through work? Can we get a refund or are there any solutions?

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

Already played?

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on May 23, 11 4:41 PM
I downloaded this game and attempted to play it, but it says my trial is expired. I keep a file of all the games I've tried and/or bought, and I don't have this anywhere on my list. Also, the preview pictures on the game page do not look familiar. Has anybody else had this issue? I suppose it's possible I did play it and totally spaced it, but I thought I'd check to see if this is a known issue before giving up.

ronnie169
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by ronnie169 on Jun 17, 11 8:36 PM
Well good to see I'm not the only one stuck in the catacombs. The clues LRFRF etc don't work and as there is no walkthrough or any other solutions is it possible to get a refund or credits. I'd actually like to get through the game and get some help with this please preferrable, but if not then I've wasted my money!!!

ronnie169
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by ronnie169 on Jun 20, 11 6:38 PM
I had to contact the 'help' centre on this one. Ended up having to uninstall then reinstall the game. The catacombs is LRFRF, not what the hint says. You don't have to click on start. Just after you take your 1st Left, let the screen move forward BEFORE you click on the other directions.
Only problem after getting through the catacombs, just after one more scene (small one at that) is that the DAMN games ends, leaving you with items in your inventory!!!!!!
I DEFINATELY DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS GAME FOR ANYONE!!!!!!!

Go to: