bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on May 3, 11 12:11 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

[Post New]by katejoe999 on May 3, 11 12:16 AM
I think this is another HdO effort - judging by the pictures. I will wait to see what others say but I fear the worst!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 3, 11 12:16 AM
Wow! bfgimbrium... has somebody been drinking the coffee? (just kidding)
Thank you for staying up and getting the forum and the C&R thread going!

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on May 3, 11 12:17 AM
i thought wow a game about alice in wonderland, this should be a fun game to play, but oh no, as soon as i opened it, it turned out to be an hdo game.

i know how bad hdo games have been but i decided to try it, got to the first scene and i could see 3 things and everything else was either too tiny or it was because the scene was too grainy. so i exited out and deleted.

you can play untimed or timed. it is a straight hog.

i can't even rate this games as i do not like hdo games.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 3, 11 12:18 AM
katejoe999 wrote:I think this is another HdO effort - judging by the pictures. I will wait to see what others say but I fear the worst!

Oh... nooooooooooooooooo!! LOL
That's funny, somebody just asked me yesterday if I thought we would get another slug of those HdO games... I am crossing my fingers that you are wrong katejoe!

kitkat725
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by kitkat725 on May 3, 11 12:21 AM
What an awful game!

yvonnehoho
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by yvonnehoho on May 3, 11 12:23 AM
another HdO game.....
I tried for 7 minutes and then deleted it...
not my cup of tea...

[Post New]by nailgirl40 on May 3, 11 12:28 AM
I opened it, saw that it was indeed and hdo game, and immediately deleted it without going any further...yuck...oh well, maybe tomorrow....

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 3, 11 12:31 AM
One word: HdO

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on May 3, 11 12:32 AM
I actually bought this on my ipad! I didn't realise it was an HdO game until I downloaded the trial today! I bought it during the time BFGs had a run of them, and felt I needed a new game!

Didn't like the ipad version either!

On starting TGT I thought the room was going round, one glass of vino too many I thought. but no it was an HdO game causing the motion sickness :-))

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on May 3, 11 12:37 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:One word: HdO

HdO I would think that would forget about doing business with those developers -- developers, I guess that's what they can be called, can they be?

Thanks to all who's posted this fact as it saves me the time of downloading and then having to delete the game.

MEnr56

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 3, 11 12:38 AM
Hi there,
Maybe this is one of the reasons that BFG have not responded to the many requests to list the developer of games in the Game Info page!!
Cheers

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 3, 11 12:41 AM

! WARNING !

The Start up/Main screen will make a lot of people extremely nauseous with its constant movement.

Who was it the other day that mentioned this developer ... they have a lot of people to answer to LOL.

I lasted 4 minutes and played the first scene and then packed up when asked to find a load of daisies although white blobs are easier to see.

I will not buy a game full of itsy bitsy teeny weeny objects that you need to use a magnifying glass on to make sure that you are clicking the right blob. There is no way on this earth that you could tell that basket contained vegetables.

What did I like about the game ... the title was good .

Cherb

rhorho
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by rhorho on May 3, 11 12:43 AM
LOL Maybe some will like it, but I only lasted 8 minutes.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on May 3, 11 12:45 AM
lol I lasted 4 minutes also, awful awful graphics. Quit and deleted game at first scene.

Tiny weeny objects and blurrrrrry.

gpherder
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by gpherder on May 3, 11 12:48 AM
I got excited when I saw an alice in wonderland game. I have always loved alice in wonderland.

Then I saw it was by HdO and got a sinking feeling. But I figured, what the heck, I'll give it a try anyways.

First scene, I was asked to find a lizard. Turned out they really meant a turtle.

Then the nausea inspiring second scene. And the vertigo inspiring third scene. With the requirement to find hearts - but only particular hearts. The dozens of hearts scattered about the scene didn't count, only the ones the developers apparently expected you to understand by osmosis.

That was, I regret to say, as far as I played the game. Nausea, vertigo, unclear objectives, wrong descriptions, and just the general badness of HdO games in general encouraged me to stay far, far away from this game.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 3, 11 12:53 AM
Hi there all,
..... and there will be another forum/post about another H0 game offered today!!!
Maybe "they" should try this to see what sort of lowly games have been offered at times.
Cheers

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 3, 11 12:56 AM
Hi there bfgImbrium,
If you (and the others in the BFG team) really mean that "We value your reviews", please check all of the forums for HdO games to see what your customers think.
Cheers.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on May 3, 11 1:02 AM
Here's the thing: if you (always excitedly for me) go to the BFG Homepage as soon as you realize it's past midnight and, as you look at the game screen shots, immediately recognize the developer because the interface is always identical and AUDIBLY GROAN...? That's not a good sign. I *almost* always give games a chance and have occasionally been pleasantly surprised but I have given HdO enough chances, including one purchase where I played it out, but not any more. Not even going to download.

- are you hearing the collective cries of, "Noooo!" of you customers? Can't imagine what you're contract is with these folks but get your development team to teach 'em a thing or two or cut 'em loose.

[Post New]by heatherington on May 3, 11 1:04 AM
Oh no! The dreaded HdO. And I was so hoping that this would be good, dang. How dare they mess up with Alice in Wonderland. Something really needs to be done about this. HdO should not be allowed to continue in this vein. Big Fish should stop taking their games. If my vote means anything at all, I vote no more HdO games.

I played the whole demo. It wasn't that bad, you just had to abide by all their restrictions and you had to stay in one scene for several findings. You were not allowed to find everything at once, just five items at a time and then only certain items. It must have cost them a pretty penny to get the original artwork from the book. A no buy for me because of the restrictions imposed by the game. I don't like to be told what to do and I thought there were too many jumbled up puzzles between each level.

Edited on 05/03/2011 at 2:12:06 AM PST

Go to: