shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 3, 11 12:15 AM
Am I having major deja vu?? Haven't we already had 3 or 4 Alice in Wonderland HOGs?? Oh well, the more the merrier - if it's a good game! - let's download this bad boy and get playing...

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 3, 11 12:19 AM
Hi there Shadowfax,
Also remember some discussion elsewhere about this game quite some time ago.
DLing now, but can't find the WT to check the length and the screenshots didn't show any H0 scenes and I don't know how many pairs of sneakers to have ready and I don't know the solution to the puzzles and I ...
DL already finished - must be a really short game in light of the file size!!!!!!!
Cheers

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on May 3, 11 12:20 AM
the only thing i can say is i didn't get past the first hog scene before i deleted it.

when will hdo ever learn. they really need to step up and produce a little better quality game before i purchase. i was so disappointed too as i would love to have played it. i wouldn't even mind if it was a straight hog as sometimes they are relaxing but who can see the miniscule items. not me and i have a 24 inch monitor and bifocals.

i hope that someone enjoys the game though as it would have had a lot of promise.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 3, 11 12:26 AM
@amj:

I appreciate you doing the "dirty work" and saving me the time and energy of downloading, launching and deleting this game.

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on May 3, 11 12:29 AM
One hidden object after another. Very hard to see some objects so I know this isn't the game for me.

jenny1983
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
488 Posts

[Post New]by jenny1983 on May 3, 11 12:29 AM
I thought for sure that BFG had cleaned their attic and basement of all HdO games - I guess they found some more in the garbage bin

Edited on 05/03/2011 at 12:44:42 AM PST

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on May 3, 11 12:30 AM
Well I have a 22" monitor and reading glasses from the pound shop and I didn't have too much trouble finding stuff, it's everything else in this game for me. The music is terrible, the graphics are not very good, and the puzzles? I only came across two and they were both 'jigsaws' with five (yes five!) rectangular blocks, took almost five seconds to deal with those!
Delete button at the ready.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 3, 11 12:33 AM
Hi there all,
Ooh, don't tell me that I have just enabled another HdO to gain access to my computer!! Thanks also for the heads-up amj.
Now I remember where I read the info - was in an article about the games they had developed and what was still on offer!!
Must try to locate it so I know what else is in store for the future.
Cheers

Edited on 05/03/2011 at 12:35:22 AM PST

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on May 3, 11 12:35 AM
your welcome shadowfax and dragonladyoz.

dragonladyoz if you find that article would you let us know what other games hdo has so that we will have it for future reference and save ourselves some time with the downloading

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on May 3, 11 12:37 AM
jenny1983 wrote:I thought for sure that BFG had cleaned their attic and basement of all HdO games - I guess they found another one in the garbage bin

LOL! Hopefully they not into recycling.........................:-))

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 3, 11 12:39 AM
I told yesterday that we get worse games in may. So we don't buy it and we get no free game in juni.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 3, 11 12:41 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there all,
Ooh, don't tell me that I have just enabled another HdO to gain access to my computer!! Thanks also for the heads-up amj.
Now I remember where I read the info - was in an article about the games they had developed and what was still on offer!!
Must try to locate it so I know what else is in store for the future.
Cheers

Hello Back at ya DragonLadyOZ!! I didn't see that note before - duh...

Well - you are to blame DragonLady. Who was it that said to me yesterday that they were doing this May game coupon special so that they could offer more HdO games and actually sucker us into buying a couple of them? Oh my, it was YOU!

I do believe that you jinxed us!!

shadowfax

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on May 3, 11 12:42 AM
Well, that dl didn't take that long! I'm walking into the fire now! Did I see HdO mentioned!!!!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 3, 11 12:42 AM
amj0963 wrote:your welcome shadowfax and dragonladyoz.
dragonladyoz if you find that article would you let us know what other games hdo has so that we will have it for future reference and save ourselves some time with the downloading

I have a rather good inkling as to where it was, so I hope I can find it. Something to do with a merger/takover/agreement etc.
Well, in all fairness (and in view of the fact that I have actually enabled the infection), I guess I should at least give this game a go to see if there is anything to save it from the pile.
Cheers.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 3, 11 12:44 AM
belamba wrote:
jenny1983 wrote:I thought for sure that BFG had cleaned their attic and basement of all HdO games - I guess they found another one in the garbage bin

LOL! Hopefully they not into recycling.........................:-))

I ditto that Belamba!!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 3, 11 12:47 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:Well - you are to blame DragonLady. Who was it that said to me yesterday that they were doing this May game coupon special so that they could offer more HdO games and actually sucker us into buying a couple of them? Oh my, it was YOU!
I do believe that you jinxed us!!
shadowfax

Awww, bugger, crickey, rats, bother, poop, cack. Caught out again!!
(Wonder how much of this will be attacked by the ****!!!)
Cheers

Edited on 05/03/2011 at 12:48:05 AM PST

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 3, 11 12:57 AM
Glad I learnt yesterday what an Hd0 is, otherwise would have been completly lost in "Your comments and reviews"....
Is there a thread about this 2 SE + 1 CE bought as I would like to know if that still goes on your punchcard and that you get as a favour an extra coupon as well ? I'm all messed up and don't quite get it.

Without anybody whipping me with wet noodles, may I say that I much more enjoyed "Mystery Chronicles-Betreyals of Love than "Woodo" ?

I haven't been to the bathroom yet and ,being a masochist, I'm downloading !

I secretly hoped F.A.C.E.S. would appear today........

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 3, 11 1:08 AM
Poutoule, There is a thread on CCC.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 3, 11 1:31 AM
I thought this was a rerun. There was already an Alice game that had such teeny objects I don't think anybody bought it, was one title listed in worst games made. Or, was it another adaptation of a favorite fairy tale? Thought it was an HdO too.

There is another Alice in Wonderland game listed, but that was the one so full of glitches, tech problems folks were waiting for a rebuild.

Now this one. Is it a third? The video graphics look nice, maybe a children's game, but I see lots of multiples to collect, the HOG I'm remembering was just a bad HOG.

I just got confused (what's new?) with it being a TGT if it was already offered last year and rejected. Oh well, maybe since there aren't 365 good games a year BF needs fillers. Hope just all the good ones didn't come out in April, got a bit spoiled. Now I'm ready to get my bonus freebie, guess I'll just get the 2 CEs left on my list.

Was there another fairy tale game if it wasn't Alice that was a total dog?

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

[Post New]by Martyheinz on May 3, 11 1:40 AM
Puzzled, maybe you are referring to Fiction Fixers - Alice in Wonderland?

Go to: