katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

HdO aka Solilab.

[Post New]by katejoe999 on May 3, 11 4:21 PM
Thanks to texttrekkie for the info about Solilab. I had been trying to google HdO to no avail. It is interesting to have a look at their website - it doesn't appear to be a gaming developers website. They offer tools, utilities and apps. The only games are the HdO ones. As someone pointed out in the forums they are template games based on different books. It seems to be a one man show as the developer talks about himself - I'm assuming a man
I'm not sure why BF is buying games from Solilab when, judging by the website, it is no where near as professional as developers like ERS or Vogat for example.

Maybe it's a mate....

Edited on 05/03/2011 at 4:22:26 PM PST

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

Re:HdO aka Solilab.

[Post New]by mcurty on May 3, 11 4:49 PM
These recent HdO games seem to be from a contract with another developer/publisher. There is a March 2010 article about a Russian developer/publisher and a French developer/publisher (don't know if I can put the names here) having contracted with HdO to develop 6 games for them. I've seen 4, but there are 2 that I don't remember seeing yet. It's possible that I've just missed them or don't remember.

They have a FaceBook page and a French web page, but there is not a lot there that I can read or translate. Add adventure to HdO to find the web page.

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on May 3, 11 5:09 PM
Thanks - that did it.
My browser translated it for me. At least it looks more professional. Their market seems to be ipads and iphones. Maybe the interface we all find so frustrating works better on those platforms.
There are at least 20 games there!
Thanks for the info.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on May 3, 11 5:53 PM
After posting, I went back and looked again -- there was an English translation of the page --- little flag on the upper right. Didn't see it the first time I was there.

They do seem to be focusing on the Mobile Market.

Go to: