bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Detective Agency 2: Banker's wife technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on May 4, 11 12:11 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

saila72
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

Re:Post any Detective Agency 2: Banker's wife technical issues here only

[Post New]by saila72 on May 4, 11 12:32 AM
My computer says when i try starting game: game.exe stop working...Same problem one another game (Mystery Novel)...I have vista...

Edited on 05/04/2011 at 12:33:56 AM PST

Inanga
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Inanga on May 4, 11 12:42 AM
Can't pick up any objects. It's not full screen either. Weird (sigh). Such a pity as I have bought a few games in the past month.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 4, 11 1:11 AM
I tryed to play the next 30 minutes, but I can't pickup anything.

[Post New]by spiritdog51 on May 4, 11 1:24 AM
Game froze up at the end of the museum and wouldn't move to the next location.
Had to cntl/alt/delete to get out of it.

Patty60
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by Patty60 on May 4, 11 1:59 AM
I haven't tried the game yet, have it downloaded but the technical issue I have is with the walk through. No matter what I try I can't get the whole walkthrough to come up on screen. I am going to keep trying but don't know what else to try.

[Post New]by bnbme90 on May 4, 11 2:47 AM
I can't figure out how to get past the concierge in the hotel level help?

haggishead
Shark
Shark
13,780 Posts

[Post New]by haggishead on May 4, 11 3:15 AM
game froze inside banker's house at keys puzzle. had to ctrl/alt/del to get out of it.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 4, 11 3:39 AM
Game froze twice. And everytime I had to restart my computer. Sorry, no buy for me.

[Post New]by karasu3 on May 4, 11 3:47 AM
game froze at banker's house at keys puzzle's scene. My cursor disappeared and I can't do enything.

PurrrThang
Herring
Herring
394 Posts

[Post New]by PurrrThang on May 4, 11 4:42 AM
I am unable to pick up items in the HOG scene. If I click on a beige hint button I can pick the item it finds up but other than that I can't. I know I'm finding the correct items so I saved and went to titanic to check. I can click on and select items there and things work properly.

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on May 4, 11 4:48 AM
Received "error access" and game shut down at Bankers House during the key puzzle scene.

catdon59
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by catdon59 on May 4, 11 4:50 AM
Game wont even start up. Must mean its full of glitches as stated in previous posts. Shouldn't have been put up at all.

Bboo2
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by Bboo2 on May 4, 11 5:21 AM
Game is froze after you look at the passport and pick up the keys.
Will not leave the room.
I have deleted the game and going to reinstall it and see if that helps, if it does I will come back and let you know here.

kainesis2
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by kainesis2 on May 4, 11 5:29 AM
Game also froze for me at the key puzzle. Had to alt/contr/delete to get out.

Bboo2
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by Bboo2 on May 4, 11 5:39 AM
Nope the reinstall did nothing it is still froze in the same spot.

burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by burningswan on May 4, 11 6:32 AM
Same thing, I froze at the banker's house in the key puzzle.

crcamp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by crcamp on May 4, 11 7:41 AM
Received access error and game closed at same point twice - key game inside the Banker's house.

Suggestions? BFG working on it?

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on May 4, 11 8:49 AM
Thought I would post this here.. I had some problems with both this game and the 1st one which used to play fine for me. I posted this in my review so maybe it will help some of you I hope. SS some of you can't play it. This worked like a charm for me but you have to go to the actual websites to update all your players..umm whateverthiercalled lol. The updates I get from the game manager, or when I download a game sometimes and PC automatic updates were not enough. Y'all might want to try updating your drivers too!

One note; I had not updated Java, Adobe (flash and shockwave) or direct X in awhile. I had to update all to play this demo and the 1st I was getting lag and the floating cursor. So if anyone has this problem its an easy fix.(I know it never did this when I played the 1st game So tested yup same problems and after updates it ran fine too) Even tho my game manager ran them recently, I had to go to each website and update from them also Java had me uninstall 2 older updates. Never got that prompt from just BFG GM updates. I rebooted PC and they ran no problems then, quick load times.

Hope that helps some! Good luck everyone getting your game to run.
If you still have trouble email on the over there>
They are great at making things right.. live chat is also opens in less than an hour at 9:30AM - 4:30PM PST which is the time you see on our posts here in the forums.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on May 4, 11 8:52 AM
After I bought the game and it activated it I had to do my whole hours work all over again. It did not start from where I was playing when my 60 min were up. It was like I had never played the game. This did not make me a "happy" player. This should not have happened.

Go to: