bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Detective Agency 2: Banker's wife

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on May 4, 11 12:11 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Detective Agency 2: Banker's wife? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Detective Agency 2: Banker's wife

[Post New]by tillybaby on May 4, 11 12:15 AM
Well I did give the game a whirl but seeing as it was like playing on a postcard sized screen I quickly uninstalled, tbh. I have seen much better free games so for me it isn't a buy I'm afraid, I am disappointed because I desperately need a new game to play.

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on May 4, 11 12:20 AM
I think I am getting picky and opinionated in my old age...

1) I have a problem with any game that changes the speed of my mouse pointer

2) The dialogue is painfully boring and slow (the sliding two-dimensional characters don't help)

3) The H.O.s are very small and not clear at times

4) I gave it 5 minutes and deleted

So this is the 3rd game in a row that gave me a frowny face...Give me a smiley face, BF! Please!

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

[Post New]by Martyheinz on May 4, 11 12:24 AM
Started game just fine (except for handholding tutorial). However, I clicked on note from list and it said It Would Go In Notebook. Finished H0 in office and went to Bankers House. Said to check address against one in Notebook. Nothing there and can't continue. Looks like another NO GO for me.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 4, 11 12:26 AM
Hi there,
I checked out the forum for the first game and it seemed to have been a straight HOG with some translation issues.
So far with this one, a bit of interaction, but I can't "check the address" so can go no further.
Any advice as to what those of you who have passed this stage did to enable more of the game?
I'm not exactly enamoured of yet.
Cheers.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 4, 11 12:29 AM
@ DragonLady

I was going to ask "Is this a sequel?" and then I realized that its title is Detective Agency 2... DUH.

Edited on 05/04/2011 at 12:29:36 AM PST

poggyapoo
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by poggyapoo on May 4, 11 12:29 AM
I knew it......as soon as we get our free game punchcard we get a c**p game. The game just doesn't flow well and the ****'s are too small. The whole thing seems stilted and childish! I too lasted 5 minutes..........then deleted it!

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on May 4, 11 12:30 AM
I didn't have any problem comparing note to address, but this is such a simple hog I found it boring. I pray tomorrows CE is worth the buy.

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on May 4, 11 12:32 AM
This is a game for new HOG players in training. Pretty much straight up HOG with a lot of hand holding. Graphics aren't too bad and are just a step above cartoonish. The particular way characters converse seems very outdated and the dialogue is on the syrupy side. I thought the music overdone and irritating. Not at all a game for me. Maybe tomorrow will bring something better.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on May 4, 11 12:32 AM
Considering the game just came out half an hour ago, when you count the downloading time I'm surprised at the number of negative reviews.

This game has great potential, but you do need to give it more than a few minutes. The graphics are great and they fill the screen to the edges. The scenes do take a bit longer than I would like to load, though.

It also takes a bit to learn how the game works. For example, you sometimes get the list of things to find, but before you can start picking them up, it asks you to do another task first.

There are two controls in the bottom left corner of the screen to switch between inventory and the list, and I think that is where Martyheinz had a problem. The notebook is like a log book, but that's not where the inventory items like the address go - you need to click on the little briefcase.

I'll leave the thorough game review to Goofyduck and others, but please give this game a FAIR chance, not just a few minutes. The graphics are crisp and clear, the music suits the mood, and it looks like an interesting storyline. Yes, another missing person - but at least you, as the detective, aren't related or dating the missing person!

The handholding is the tutorial - the longer you play, the less handholding there will be because the tutorial runs its course. If they didn't have a tutorial, we wouldn't know what needed to be done.

Edited on 05/04/2011 at 12:35:00 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 4, 11 12:34 AM
grannyq wrote:I didn't have any problem comparing note to address, but this is such a simple hog I found it boring. I pray tomorrows CE is worth the buy.

Hi there,
Good, but what steps did you follow? I have a list of items to find, but can't click on the notebook to compare it.
Cheers

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on May 4, 11 12:34 AM
10 minutes then deleted. No problems with the game, everything works, check address etc, it's just that it's irritating. Constant pop ups drove me daft. Never mind, Thursday is usually CE day so we may get something worth having?

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 4, 11 12:36 AM
Hi there sinshack,
I would really like to finish my trial and give a fair review, but cannot use the notebook.
Cheers.

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on May 4, 11 12:37 AM
I have played about fifteen minutes of this game, and so far I'm not impressed. The game is slow to load, even though it's a small download, and the hidden object scenes are interrupted by having to solve other puzzles. I'm thinking here [spoiler alert] of the hidden object scene outside the mansion, where you have to knock on the door before you can go further. Before completing the hidden obejct game, you have to find the handle. The game is also picky: the address that DragonLadyOz mentions doesn't seem to work until you [spoiler alert] move the 5 to the right position; I wasted time looking for a comma, which is common in European addresses.

It is late for me so maybe I'm just tired, but I am so far not interested in this game. I'll leave the rest of the trial to see what other fishies say, but I'm inclined to delete and wait until tomorrow night for a new game!

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on May 4, 11 12:37 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:
grannyq wrote:I didn't have any problem comparing note to address, but this is such a simple hog I found it boring. I pray tomorrows CE is worth the buy.

Hi there,
Good, but what steps did you follow? I have a list of items to find, but can't click on the notebook to compare it.
Cheers

Which sene are you playing? Is it asking you to do something first? In the office, for example, it says you need to find the briefcase. In front of the house, you can't pick up list items until you compare the house number with the slip of paper. Don't worry at all about the notebook for now - that is where your notes will be - but click on the briefcase near the lower left corner to access your inventory.

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on May 4, 11 12:37 AM
Hi fishies,

Just popping in to remind users to flag any technical issues in the Post any Detective Agency 2: Banker's wife technical issues here only thread .

Thanks and happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on May 4, 11 12:38 AM
Good morning. all & Happy Star Wars day May the 4th be with you !!!!!!

To proceed you need to hold the paper up to the name plate high on the lt hand side of the screen.

I have to admit, I never got much furthar than that before my patience ran out.

As already said it plays in a minute little screen & the dialogue is very annoying ( I usually relish the dialogue) as the 2 dimensional characters move back & forth into pole position so we can work out which one is speaking.

Actually, this is another game that makes me feel like I am being treated like a moron.

The compulsory tutorial was very dictation-al & one of my pet hates MADE me use a hint just so I could see how clever they are.

At the bottom of your screen, if it can be called that, it changes from inventory to items to find. However, despite showing you what items to find, it will not let you click on them until you have done what it wants. In this case it was verifying the address and then speaking to the owner. If I have jobs to do DO NOT taunt me with a hidden object list I am not allowed to play.

GGGrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Not a game for me., Hopefully there will be a good one in the next 27 days LOL

Jojo

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 4, 11 12:38 AM
Thanks Lucy,
Didn't even think of that DUH - was trying to use the notebook!!
Cheers

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 4, 11 12:40 AM
sinshack wrote:
DragonLadyOz wrote:

Hi there,
Cheers

Which sene are you playing? Is it asking you to do something first? In the office, for example, it says you need to find the briefcase. In front of the house, you can't pick up list items until you compare the house number with the slip of paper. Don't worry at all about the notebook for now - that is where your notes will be - but click on the briefcase near the lower left corner to access your inventory.

Hi there sinshack, seems I was being too logical and trying to compare the address with the one in the notebook - have a solution so will get back to the game and try to continue further.
Cheers.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 4, 11 12:41 AM
That was a GREAT review Sinshack! Keep 'em coming!

Go to: