shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 4, 11 12:12 AM
Top o' the mornin' to you BFG patrons - let's get cracking!

Edited on 05/04/2011 at 12:14:59 AM PST

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by Kelvarda on May 4, 11 12:29 AM
Morning All - well, this isn't a big dl is it!! Mine's nearly finished already.

Kel

Oops: done already: well as Arnie says: I'll be back!

Edited on 05/04/2011 at 12:32:22 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 4, 11 12:31 AM
It is really small Kel and the comments/reviews aren't sounding too great so far. I am going to wait and download when there are more verdicts in on this one. I am currently in the middle of playing Our Worst Fears: Stained Skin.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 4, 11 12:31 AM
Hi there,
At least it isn't another HdO - and I did update my post about more info in the Alice forum.
I posted this in this Game's forum, but thought I would add this here too.
"I checked out the forum for the first game and it seemed to have been a straight HOG with some translation issues.
So far with this one, a bit of interaction, but I can't "check the address" so can go no further.
Any advice as to what those of you who have passed this stage to enable more of the game?
I'm not exactly enamoured of yet.
"
And another poster got to the same point.
Anyone solved the mystery of the costumed Felix??
Cheers.

Edited on 05/04/2011 at 12:31:55 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 4, 11 12:35 AM
bfgimbrium moved the thread to CCC and said that Felix is a Jedi but I am not sure if this was a serious comment or a joke... ?

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 4, 11 12:42 AM
I am just waiting for various agency's to open here, so thought I would give this a quick try. It would not run at first, I had to re-start my PC. I only went as far as the second location and was confused as to why it would not let you pick up the items outside the house! LOL! Love his car, I want one like it!
This, IMO is a game that will be worth playing the full demo, to get a proper feel of the game. Could be a buy for me. Oh, well, back to work.
Have fun all.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on May 4, 11 1:00 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:bfgimbrium moved the thread to CCC and said that Felix is a Jedi but I am not sure if this was a serious comment or a joke... ?

LOL, Of course, It is Star wars day, May the 4th be with you

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on May 4, 11 1:12 AM
I think I'm going to pass on this one, reviews too negative.

I just finished Epic Adventure: Cursed Overboard which I bought during the sale and that was so bad I had to force myself to finish it, honestly couldn't be bothered down loading a game which gets such bad reviews.

Jojo

Edited on 05/04/2011 at 1:12:46 AM PST

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on May 4, 11 1:30 AM
orijojo wrote:I think I'm going to pass on this one, reviews too negative.

I just finished Epic Adventure: Cursed Overboard which I bought during the sale and that was so bad I had to force myself to finish it, honestly couldn't be bothered down loading a game which gets such bad reviews.

Jojo

Off Topic, I know why your name is so familiar ( not because we are both Jojo's LOL )

Orijojo, its those chocolate biscuits that are all the craze LOL.

( I know, I'm as sharp as a blunt knife & as fast as a snail ! )

Edited on 05/04/2011 at 1:30:32 AM PST

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on May 4, 11 1:37 AM
I got to go inside the house and to a puzzle and then got an access error.

I will have to try to go back in. I just wanted to say that I laughed so hard in the opening scene when: highlight below

The desk phone rang and then the guy answered his cell phone!

I thought now there's a detective that I can relate to! lol

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on May 4, 11 2:05 AM
Shadowfax. I think Felix is a Jedi because it is apparently Starwars day . May the fourth be with you? I didn't work this out myself, I think it was Jojo who mentioned it in the c&r's .

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 4, 11 2:45 AM
perhaps our detective should have used a jedi mind trick on the concierge at the hotel

instead he fakes him out by setting off the fire alarm - ??? now tell me the guy didn't see that?!?! 'hey, hey, what are you doing over there? you can't have matches in here; you aren't allowed to touch anything, either. hey, hey, i'm watching you...'

BTW - anyone know the difference between HdO and gfi? from where i'm sitting they are both small eastern european game developers that have issues with translations and graphics... makes me wonder if they aren't neighbors or something... especially since they had games released back to back... just wondering...

y'all

DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

[Post New]by DeadRiver on May 4, 11 2:49 AM
bradalex wrote:Shadowfax. I think Felix is a Jedi because it is apparently Starwars day . May the fourth be with you? .

Check him out again. He has a little light sabre. He must be a Jedi

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 4, 11 3:22 AM
Thanks jojo and bradalex!

I didn't even know there was such a thing as Star Wars day.
I guess I must live in a cave or something...

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on May 4, 11 3:31 AM
LOl, There isn't really, I think it all stemmed from a very bad joke in a Christmas cracker.

In the films, Obi 1 or whoever says "May the force be with you" and ever since May 4th has been known as Star Wars day LOL

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on May 4, 11 4:37 AM
This isn't a review but is a comment on some reviews in various game threads; please don't ask developers not to put in the 'help' at the beginning of a game even if it is 'only a simple H0G'.

Many of us here are experienced H0G game players but I remember back in 2007 when I first began playing that I did not know what to do & found any help invaluable.

By all means give gamers the opportunity to switch off the 'help' but do not underestimate how useful it can be for new players.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 4, 11 5:49 AM
I want a game to play!!! Hope there is a good one tomorrow.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on May 4, 11 7:09 AM
I was curious about this developer so did a quick google. I thought the name Far Mills (and the windmill were familiar) but couldn't recall. Anyway, they recently did Mystery Novel (which wasn't that bad) but they also did Treasure Hunters, anybody remember the 'Glove of Power', the 'hummer' that was a hammer and the 'pipe' that was actually a 'snorkel'.

I also noticed a post from Valdy which says they are a German Developer.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 4, 11 7:26 AM
About the tomorrow's "Dimensions" - I played the beta, and it's stunning... - prepare the credit cards...

Edit: Kelvarda, I checked the developers (in the game), and all the credits go to Russian designers.

Edited on 05/04/2011 at 7:31:26 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 4, 11 12:58 PM
@ Rebeca Lily - thanks for that info! I think my credit card went into hiding - but I have all day long to hunt it down... {evil laugh}

@ Kelvarda - I remember Treasure Hunters! When I try this demo I will see if the logo rings a bell for me...

Go to: