bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Dragon Keeper technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on May 4, 11 12:12 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Dragon Keeper technical issues here only

[Post New]by joisukuah on May 4, 11 3:59 AM
Im having problem logging into the Dragon keeper game. on the main menu of the game, it says " Set the name of the new dragonkeeper", i keep trying to type my name, it would not work. what should I do?

catja
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by catja on May 4, 11 5:17 AM
I have exactly the same problem..

boostone
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by boostone on May 4, 11 6:26 AM
Me three...is there an upgrade to the game?

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 4, 11 6:46 AM
Hmmm. You need to click with your mouse on a point on your screen and then try to type your name. I hope it helps. If not, you should contact the customer support with

Edited on 05/04/2011 at 6:47:09 AM PST

[Post New]by jls1461 on May 4, 11 7:23 AM
I purchased the game after the trial and now when i hit start in the game nothing happens

cyndihugs
Salmon
Salmon
2,926 Posts

[Post New]by cyndihugs on May 4, 11 12:56 PM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:Hmmm. You need to click with your mouse on a point on your screen and then try to type your name. I hope it helps. If not, you should contact the customer support with

Hello Eisteepfirsich, hope this finds you doing well~

I posted this in another thread and reckon it should of been posted here:

"Hello everyone~

I get the game up and it has, on what looks like, a sign: "set the name of the dragon keeper"....then below that is a tiny picture of a hand [or looks like a hand], that has: That's You" and the bottom right of the sign has a green check mark.

I clicked all over that sign and all over the game and no where was there a place for me to be able to type in my name!

I read where this has happen to a couple of other ppl but no one came back (or hasn't when I started this post), to say if they figured out a way to get their name on it or not. (meaning this thread now ).

If this has happen to anyone else and they got it to work, I'd appreciate it if you'd post and let me know how ya got your name on it....everytime I try, it takes demo time away from me so I'm not going to try again until someone will 'share' the secret with me. lol

Thanks in Advance!"
------------------------------------

There is no place to click your mouse on...well there is but it's not doing a thing! LOL I clicked all over the place and then for the heck of it, even tried typing my name on the screen, knowing full well that it wasn't going to work...it didn't let me down. lol looks like there's a glitch in the game for some of us and don't ya know that I'd be stuck right in the middle of it! LOL "Hello BF, guess who this is?" (lol)

Take care~

Edited on 05/04/2011 at 12:58:38 PM PST

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on May 4, 11 1:11 PM
Hi Cyndihugs I had something similar for a minute or so right at the start and tried click somewhere, type, click somewhere else type and suddenly it took my name.

So there is a way to do it but sorry(!) I don't know what I did.

I had tried clicking on the place you would click to make a new player if you already had one on the go so I don't know if that was it.

I understand you not wanting to use up demo time! Maybe live chat would be best (to get it raised quickly) then they can maybe contact the developers and tell them what is happening.

Sorry you are all stuck, hope someone can sort it for you soon

Edited on 05/04/2011 at 1:17:01 PM PST

[Post New]by dillbaby5 on May 4, 11 1:52 PM
ok, you have to click the sign a couple times to find it but there will be a small golden dot, then you can type your name!!!! woo hoo!

mistie4u
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by mistie4u on May 4, 11 3:39 PM
I downloaded Dragon Keeper and it said Trial expired.I don't understand that.

[Post New]by joisukuah on May 4, 11 4:41 PM
yes, i agree with dilbaby 5.. just have to wait for awhile, and u will see a faint golden dot blinking. THANK U!!!!

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on May 4, 11 4:50 PM
Hey mistie4u,

It sounds like your Trial Version might have expired early; for information about why this might have happened, please take a look at this help article:

Download a Trial Game

If you'd like more help with this, feel free to get in touch with Customer Support (you can click on this link) and our reps will be happy to help. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

cyndihugs
Salmon
Salmon
2,926 Posts

[Post New]by cyndihugs on May 4, 11 5:10 PM
Thanks for the help Daisy_May~dillbaby5~joisukuah, I uninstalled, and was planning on reinstalling but took a cat nap instead! LOL going to redownload now and if I can't sign in, will for sure look for that blinking golden dot!

Welcome to the pond dillbaby5 & joisukuah (you too), mistie4U~

wmidds
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by wmidds on May 4, 11 6:47 PM
FINALLY ! A Time Management game! I bought it before even playing the trial for the full hour because it's been that long since a new TM game has come out.

My problem has not been addressed yet: I get to the stage where you finally get a shop to buy Trolls and when I try to buy them EVERYTHING on my screen (dragons, imps, food rack, ect) blanks out! They are all gone!

HELP!!!!!!!

[Post New]by Maliria on May 5, 11 11:20 AM
I have enjoyed the game for the most part but I started having technical issues when I reached the third island. I went through several rounds of picking up the gems but at the end of the day there were no gems in my chests. I even had the characters picking up the gems for me. I have no idea where they were putting my gems but they weren't in the chest where they should have gone. Am I the only person experiencing this issue?

Mal

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on May 5, 11 12:33 PM
Maliria wrote:I have enjoyed the game for the most part but I started having technical issues when I reached the third island. I went through several rounds of picking up the gems but at the end of the day there were no gems in my chests. I even had the characters picking up the gems for me. I have no idea where they were putting my gems but they weren't in the chest where they should have gone. Am I the only person experiencing this issue?

Mal

Is it possible that you let the 'heroes' steal them? That happened to me once and then I moved my boxes to the middle of the cave. I don't know if that location actually made any difference because I made sure to get them quickly after that.

I didn't see them take them but I had gems in my box one minute, got visited by robbers then didn't have gems any more LOL and the game does say they will rob you if you let them.

TIP (highlight with mouse to read): If you scare one off, immediately pick up the blue ball of light because it will zap another, then get his ball of light and so on - quickest way to get rid of them. Even when I have trolls I don't leave it entirely to them to deal with the robbers. END TIP

Edited on 05/05/2011 at 12:34:03 PM PST

[Post New]by CathrineStar on May 6, 11 1:41 AM
Maliria, it is probably no technical issue. You were most probably robbed as Daisy_May suggests. I'm not sure but I think that in cave3 your chest is defaultly very close to the edge of the screen where thieves are coming from. So it is quite easy to miss them let them rob you I moved my chests in the middle too
Have you noticed that if the thief loot your chest he runs away with the bag full of your gems If you click him he will drop them all and you must collect them again ..cute . But only thieves seems to be interested in your chests. Those wizards and knights seem to be attacking your poor dragons.

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on May 6, 11 7:27 AM
Cathrine, I haven't noticed them attacking dragons, but that could be because I am busy doing something else at the time. What happens? Do they kill the dragons ( ) if you don't stop them quickly enough and is there any way to tell that a dragon is injured?

Or do they just put the dragons off gem laying and reduce output?

& thanks for the tip about clicking on the sack (which I also haven't noticed but will look out for).

ETA Cyndihugs, I saw your post, hope you found your golden dot!

Edited on 05/06/2011 at 7:29:29 AM PST

[Post New]by CathrineStar on May 6, 11 10:53 AM
To Daisy_May: Knights attack dragons, but your dragons fight back. Usually dragon wins the battle, but sometimes it loses and dies But I always help them to win And yes, there is a health bar under the dragon during the fight.
And wizards seem to just freeze your dragons into the ice cube, which prevents dragon to do anything.
It is easy to try out, but in reality I or my trolls ward off all invading adventurers much sooner, so they have no time to harm my precious dragons

Edited on 05/06/2011 at 10:54:05 AM PST

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on May 6, 11 12:49 PM
Thanks for the info .

Oh an ice cube! LMAO

I got a big grey cube and had no idea what it was. Just as I started to investigate it, the day ended! It never happened again (yet) so I assumed it was some sort of one off glitch and ignored it .

I usually prioritise seeing off invaders too, which will be why I hadn't seen any of these things.

Go to: