BBB10
Clownfish
Clownfish
715 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Memory Clinic - DD for May 04/11

[Post New]by BBB10 on May 4, 11 12:12 AM
Hello fellow fishies! What do you think of this game?

Please let us know! Thanks.

Happy Gaming!

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Memory Clinic - DD for May 04/11

[Post New]by MEnr56 on May 4, 11 1:47 AM
I'm not sure if I'll be this game; I was fine with the game and was actually enjoying it until I came upon the comic strip pages wherein you've got to switch objects with other objects to "correct" the page and to be quite honest with you, most of it made NO SENSE to me

The hint button was almost useless as it would only highlight the object that I'd ALREADY highlighted (an incorrectly placed object is highlighted in white) but I could see NO other object I was supposed to swap places with. I said "almost" because the moment before that, I'd clicked the hint button and it showed me 2 objects to swap BUT you've got to be away from the screen to see the needed swap objects because the objects are NOT highlighted for more than a couple of seconds.

I would not have paid full price for it but for the $2.99 cost, I might but am worried about getting stuck on that 1 mini-game and not being able to go any further; didn't see a skip button but just as I was about to click an arrow button that I saw down on the lower right-hand corner, my trial ended so I'm not sure if that's a skip button or not.

Will think more on it
MEnr56

DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

[Post New]by DeadRiver on May 4, 11 2:28 AM
I tried to play it but the first time I tried it was only on half the screen. The next time it was about one fourth of the screen.
The third time I tried to play my cpusage shot up to almost 100% as I was deleting it in a panic.
I'm afraid to download it again so that's the end of the story for me with this game.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 4, 11 3:07 AM
I think I played this before, but I can't remember if I liked it.
In fact, I can't remember playing it.
I guess it didn's work.

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on May 4, 11 3:16 AM
lol puzzledone

Yes MEnr56 that arrow bottom right is a skip button. It is available fast if not instantly. It does work too because I skipped the very scene you described.

I am liking this game more than I thought I would because I have tried other memory improvement games but the timers make it too hard for me to bother.

I love that I can play this on relaxed and I do better with it because of that.

The cursor is a little picky and for that it does lower my score. Not a biggy but still I don't need help to get deductions, lol.

My only concern is that I don't know how to tell if I am doing better or not. It gives me a score at the end etc. but I would really like to know if I improve more visibly. For the H0 scenes I started at 100% and went down from there, lol. Does that mean the game is making me worse?

Might go for it. I'm still deliberating.

edited for a lost in space sentence.

Edited on 05/04/2011 at 3:18:28 AM PST

fisan
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by fisan on May 4, 11 5:06 AM
"And crawling on the planets face, tiny insects called the human race,.....lost in time

lost in space......and meaning."

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on May 4, 11 7:59 AM
I was hoping this game would be a suitable replacement for my much-missed L.O.B.E., but sadly it was not. Many H0 scenes (which I get plenty of in other games, and the repetition of which - a scoring factor here - just annoys me), and FAR too many Simon-type games. I did like the games where you had to identify the direction of the arrow and where you had to judge "match or mis-match". I played almost the entire demo, but even for 2.99 I think I'll be giving this one a miss. Many of the H0 were VERY tiny and the "hot spot" for finding them was, in a game which penalizes you points for mis-clicks, ridiculously small. It's a pretty game and I'm sure many will like it, but it's not for me.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on May 4, 11 1:42 PM
This game is exactly what the title says it is. It is a memory clinic. It can help people to recover from brain trauma or to increase one's ability to remember and think clearly. I have been looking for a game that would help me to remember better that doesn't have a timer and this one fits the bill.

Someone complained about the repetitiveness of the game. It is supposed to be that way. That is how you train your brain to remember things. How did we learn our times tables or typing in the past. Repetition in different forms. It works.

The music is unobtrusive if you turn it down a little. I usually have to turn the music off in games but I purposely left it on in this one. It helped me to relax a little while playing the game.

The scene where objects are to be swapped helps a person to think logically. Once I clicked on the hint and saw what was to be swapped it was easier to figure out where the outlined objects should go. I read the cartoon and was able to figure out why several of the objects were out of place and where they should be placed.

I haven't finished the game yet but I don't think it was designed to do in one sitting. I'll go back to it when I am ready for another lesson.

I would like to thank the game developers for making something like this game available to gamers. This game will increase my speed in hidden object games and it will be easier for me to figure out what I am supposed to do in the adventure games. Maybe, after I finish this game, I will not need to use game walthroughs at all. I'll be able to figure out what I used to get stumped on.

I give this game . It's an excellent game if you use it for what it was designed. And yes, It will definitely help children too.

maggieevans
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by maggieevans on May 4, 11 1:44 PM
fisan wrote:"And crawling on the planets face, tiny insects called the human race,.....lost in time

ha! now there's a memory test for you

(great quote! )

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on May 4, 11 1:52 PM
maggieevans wrote:
fisan wrote:"And crawling on the planets face, tiny insects called the human race,.....lost in time

ha! now there's a memory test for you

(great quote! )
Memory Test?
Don't you see it every friday night, like the rest of us?

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on May 4, 11 4:15 PM
AvgSpock wrote:lol puzzledone
Yes MEnr56 that arrow bottom right is a skip button. It is available fast if not instantly. It does work too because I skipped the very scene you described.
I am liking this game more than I thought I would because I have tried other memory improvement games but the timers make it too hard for me to bother. I love that I can play this on relaxed and I do better with it because of that. The cursor is a little picky and for that it does lower my score. Not a biggy but still I don't need help to get deductions, lol. My only concern is that I don't know how to tell if I am doing better or not. It gives me a score at the end etc. but I would really like to know if I improve more visibly. For the H0 scenes I started at 100% and went down from there, lol. Does that mean the game is making me worse?Might go for it. I'm still deliberating.edited for a lost in space sentence.

Thank you for your response; have to admit your reasons for liking/disliking this game is the same; will buy, don't think you can go wrong with the $2.99 price.

MEnr56

buckeyelibra
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by buckeyelibra on May 4, 11 4:18 PM
might have been a good game IF I could control the cursor. Not even worth the $2.99

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on May 4, 11 5:50 PM
MEnr56 wrote:

Thank you for your response; have to admit your reasons for liking/disliking this game is the same; will buy, don't think you can go wrong with the $2.99 price.

MEnr56

You're welcome. I Bought it, too.

[Post New]by midnightmoose on May 4, 11 8:48 PM
puzzledone wrote:I think I played this before, but I can't remember if I liked it.
In fact, I can't remember playing it.
I guess it didn's work.

LOL!!

Too many simon says segments for me. I liked the cartoon panel one, but in 30 minutes play this only came up once, and simon says in 2 different forms came up 5 times. So I guess I'll pass.

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on May 5, 11 12:03 AM
I found the graphics in Hidden Object scenes well detailed, although not necessarily easy to find. I played in Casual Mode, but still felt pressure to perform Oh my, this just brought me back to college days and trying to get everything right. It didn't help that the cursor didn't recognize some of my clicks and I went around in circles to find myself back at the original object that I had clicked on in the first place. Very annoying when you're being "tested". I play the games to relax, but this one just made me anxious. Not for me, but do demo, as it could be a nice little game for some.

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on May 5, 11 1:41 AM
I normally looaathe all Simon Says, and reach for the skip button as soon as available (unless of course, by some miracle, I've actually passed b4 the skip button charges) .

In this "game" I quite liked them: because it's structured more as training, you're not obliged to do each round again from the beginning, each mistake just reduces your points score . There's also quite a bit of variation.

The HOGs themselves come in quite a few different flavours, from standard, to silhouette, to reversed (from a list of images, find the words in a pile of newspapers), to standard but with random letters missing from the words. Graphics are very clear, though some items very very well hidden.

I don't usually touch HOGs with no adventure (and no story in this case), so surprised myself by buying it!!

Looking forward to finding out what other strange tests I am to be put through ...

PurrrThang
Herring
Herring
394 Posts

[Post New]by PurrrThang on May 6, 11 2:57 PM
This game only work if you are able to get sound on your computer and
mine has been messed up until today. I was very interested to try this as I did suffer a brain injury followed by two brain surgeries. I am very lucky but do have memory problems and was hopeful of liking and getting this game.
But it doesn't just deal with memory. I found the hidden object scenes to be unclear with objects cleverly placed so I could only see them when I got a hint. So you also need good eyesight. I've worn glasses since I was 3 and after 60 odd years my eyes have not improved to say the least.
I find that Hidden Expedition: Amazon does a better job for me. You can play under numerous names and can see if you are improving or not. It gives you scores and lists who has been the fastest, etc.
To be really theraputic a game to improve memory needs to deal with only memory. Not with vision, sound or other elements IMHO.
So I'm going to skip this game and just enjoy having my sound back.

Go to: