Senior Citizens sign in!!

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Dec 4, 17 9:28 PM
Trav, I have never heard of a SNAFU before, so I did my googles and looked it up to see what that stood for. YES, it certainly does describe this marathon event. On the other marathon thread, one of the mods has made a post about how they understand how frustrating it must be etc etc etc and they will be passing on the info to the appropriate teams, but it makes no difference, they don't really help much, I guess they are trying though but their hands are tied with what they actually can do. But it really seems to be a stuff up.

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Dec 5, 17 1:44 AM
Of course I understand the annoyance and frustration of you guys at the end of the game and the pc players even more. But for us on mobile, struggling at the beginning or in the middle this was wonderful, useful free boosts and an hour of infinite lives just for 10 tier 1 levels...

I would have loved that in Seoul or LA! Not all players are shippers and for those of us who prefer to play for coins and resources and buy hh when necessary this marathon is really good.

Edited on 12/05/2017 at 1:44:57 AM PST

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Dec 5, 17 9:44 AM
Glad to hear that globetrotter. As an advanced player who has completed all the cities, it is hard to remember how difficult and frustrating the game can be, especially before Amsterdam. To be honest, I don't need more coins, boosts, or other inducements to keep playing. If I could gift coins or vouchers to friends, I would in a heartbeat. Players who have finished all cities are in a small minority and certainly don't need to ever spend real money with an abundance of coins and resources. ( And by the way, although there are numerous ways to play, and this is one if the best features of gummy drop, as you advance, you may find that shipping is very helpful.)

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Dec 5, 17 9:53 AM
jules - never heard STUFF UP before — is it “native” to Australia? In earlier posts you’ve used “stuffing” and “stuffed”, but I didn’t think to google them. Thanx for expanding my horizons.

Edited on 12/05/2017 at 9:55:27 AM PST

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Dec 5, 17 1:33 PM
snowmanvt wrote:Glad to hear that globetrotter. As an advanced player who has completed all the cities, it is hard to remember how difficult and frustrating the game can be, especially before Amsterdam. To be honest, I don't need more coins, boosts, or other inducements to keep playing. If I could gift coins or vouchers to friends, I would in a heartbeat. Players who have finished all cities are in a small minority and certainly don't need to ever spend real money with an abundance of coins and resources. ( And by the way, although there are numerous ways to play, and this is one if the best features of gummy drop, as you advance, you may find that shipping is very helpful.)

Of course you are right, Snowman. I am now in Kuala Lumpur and ever since Amsterdam I have started shipping because it is now so much cheaper than the hh. But it is a drag... and I can never have enough boosts to just blow everything up when frustrated

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Dec 5, 17 1:49 PM
kailuaauntie wrote:jules - never heard STUFF UP before — is it “native” to Australia? In earlier posts you’ve used “stuffing” and “stuffed”, but I didn’t think to google them. Thanx for expanding my horizons.

The term is common in the English speaking, rather than the American speaking, world. After all many of the Aussies migrated from the UK (voluntarily or otherwise) over the centuries. I was actually surprised the jules wasn't familiar with SNAFU, although I do think that was an American import to the UK. It's a great term because various levels of unhappiness can be used for the 'F'!

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Dec 5, 17 4:37 PM
Keith, as I recall the acronym “snafu” came from the American military in WW2 and it can certainly represent lots of words but defines the particular situation with this marathon! Speaking of marathon I hope we don’t have to wait another 26 days for Melbourne!

famvir3
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by famvir3 on Dec 5, 17 5:03 PM
Re: Marathon. I am in Kuala Lumpur, and very much enjoyed the lovely, quick little side game. (In my case, it was the next 10 tier 1 levels.)

To those who are caught up and finished all the cities, and therefore have no open tiers, I equate it with the Daily Rewards feature. I play my game by finishing every level in a city before moving on. Therefore, I have completed all the levels, and have no incentive to play the Daily’s. The best I will do is 2 boosts, never the addition of finishing architect and master levels on my board for additional coins.. So every day Gummy Drop offers a little game I will never play, because I have already finished all the levels.

Because we are all playing different games, some of the side games benefit us, and sometimes they don’t. But I hope the Gummy techs keep the Marathon for those of us who are in the middle of the cities, as I hope they continue to offer Daily Rewards for the enjoyment of those who still have arch and master levels (tier 2 and tier 3) unplayed in their game.

Edited on 12/05/2017 at 5:10:24 PM PST

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Dec 5, 17 7:00 PM
Firstly, kauliaauntie, I have no idea if stuff up etc is particularly Aussie, but it means basically, messing around (stuffing around), messed up (stuffed up) etc. We have a huge amount of sayings and words here that would bamboozle you guys, so if I use any in future, I will translate them. Some are pretty funny. Bamboozle means, confuse and mess your mind up sort of thing. Then, theres rhyming slang, thats a whole other world of fun. But I digress.

Doing my (or your) googles, is a funny saying that an international judge on The Voice Aust said to another judge, when he was telling the other basically to research his history in the show, and he told her to 'do her googles', it was really funny, so its kind of a thing to say now. Simply means of course, find out by searching google, or another thing I say is, 'I will look on the google machine', meaning, computer.

And Snowman, I do realise that those of us who have completed all cities really don't need the coins, boosts etc, but its simply something to relieve the boredom of waiting for the next city, and it isn't only advanced players that will miss out on it, there are plenty like has been stated that are stuck who can't take advantage of it as they simply can't get past a particular level in time before it runs out, which it probably has already?

Personally, I just like to challenge myself to see how much I can get out without using boosts etc, I know I don't need the coins and like Snowman, I too would willingly gift travel vouchers, coins and resources to friends if I could do so, but its not possible apart from the daily ticket etc. But its a challenge to see how high I can get the coins to pile up, but of course, there is only so many ports and resource marts you can build and upgrade.

And Trav3lbird, you are right about SNAFU being of origin from the US millitary, I 'did my googles' on that one.

It will be interesting to see if the marathon comes back again and is perhaps streamlined a bit more or revamped. But for those of you who got to do it, good luck to you and I sincerely hope you got a lot out of it.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Dec 6, 17 11:16 AM
Played the daily deal today, what a let down! A 7 letter word in Moscow, 1 level2 and the other 6 Level 3 so OK I got the 390 coins at a cost of 150 for 1 lot of extra moves but the reward was 2 of those dice which I never use as they are a waste of time! For the skill involved I thought I might at least get winds of change or quakes!

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Dec 6, 17 7:38 PM
Trav3lbird, I too had a nasty daily deal today too, mine was in Lisbon, 6 letters, got two easy, but the other four, absolutely forget it. Simply could not do them, so didn't bother further, but thats ok, tomorrow is another day, but lately have had quite a lot of crappy ones. However, overall, I get them out more than I don't. Sometimes, can get them out easy about 5 days in a row, accrue 5 pairs of boosts, some good, some so so, but its still a win. I actually don't mind the shuffles, they have quite often enabled me to get a level out, when there is one or two moves left and there are line crushes or bombs ready but nowhere near where I want them, I shuffle and have often got them to fall into the right spots and therefore got it out. But its hit and miss, but at least the shuffles are cheap like the shovels.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Dec 7, 17 7:36 AM
I never buy shuffles, but I like when I win them. For some reason, they work out for me more often than not.

After two days of very difficult daily challenges, today I got a three letter word in Tahiti. It was very simple. But, I noticed I had millions of bricks and hats left over, but few pinks, I checked the best level to play for resources list. ( Hint to mods: this should really be a sticky). I read that Tahiti 84 was good. I forgotten what a wonderful, fun and easy this level was. If you enjoy blowing up color blockers, this is the level for you.
Try it again, they dont make levels like this anymore?

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Dec 7, 17 10:25 AM
Yes Smow, I had forgotten about that one! Barcelona 106-2 is good for bombs even though it’s timed you only have to concentrate on the yellows and can get a tidy sum of bricks and hats while having fun blowing things up

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Dec 7, 17 3:33 PM
Thanks Trav. I had actually started shipping from Barcelona because of 106-2. Then, I forgot about it. It is one of those levels, like Istanbul 105-1, where you have to actively try not too win too quickly to build up the resources. I don't think it is possible to lose. Must be the easiest timed level in GD.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Dec 7, 17 3:47 PM
Thanks, I had forgotten how much fun Tahiti 84 was too! It's rather disconcerting to see snowflakes falling there though!

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Dec 7, 17 5:57 PM
Easiest timed level for great reward has to be 18 in NY, only bricks but I regularly get over 100k and occasionally over 200k! That was why I built 2 markets for hats and pinks in that city.

missbethann
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by missbethann on Dec 10, 17 10:15 AM
I tried the #18 in NY and it is a regular brick mine. Thank You for the heads up on that one. Now for the Perfect Match, much the same as a Gummy Drop when you clear the board. What do we get out of it? Just another giant screen blocker so you can't see what gummi's are dropping, especially when your trying to get such outrageous goal scores. Especially on the timed boards. Eats up to 5 seconds or more when your blinded by a splash screen. Why can't we get a for either one? And when you do win a board and have that you can't use why can't we have them go to the boost bank with a limit of 3 or 5 "earned boosts". I know there has to be a limit or we would never have to "buy" the boost.

Just a thought... Miss Beth

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Dec 10, 17 3:54 PM
missbethann * can I hitch a ride on your “bandwagon”? So tired of those frustrating banners, and now timed games have a red bar with time remaining . . As if I want to take time to look at it. Recently finished a game with a whole bunch of liightening bolts left over. Enuf to put a twist in my britches.

Edited on 12/10/2017 at 4:30:05 PM PST

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Dec 10, 17 4:14 PM
I am a big fan of London 99, since I built 2 brick Marts in that city. It’s really hard to lose, and you can easily get 50 - 75,000 000 hats and pinkies.

Edited on 12/10/2017 at 4:25:49 PM PST

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Dec 10, 17 9:20 PM
missbethann, I like the way you put the in the post, WELL DONE. I had not thought of doing that before instead of writing out the words. 'lightning strike' or 'bolt' so I shall use that in future. I found it in the face thingys on the reply form. That will save me a bit of typing in future. You can always learn or pick up something new on here all the time can't you!

And gosh, I wish to heck we could change the colours of the resources we built in earlier cities to work in with those great fun levels you have all been mentioning. I checked them all out, all are terrific, but I have the wrong colour marts in those places so I unfortunately can't take advantage of that. Please GD, let us change the marts, even if it costs, happy to do it. I know this suggestion is on the suggestions thread already though, gosh, I must go and update that soon, I keep getting sidetracked and going away.

Go to: