bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on May 5, 11 12:14 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 5, 11 12:15 AM
Oh goody! I am hoping this is as good as, or better than, The Void!

Cryssie64
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Cryssie64 on May 5, 11 12:19 AM
Oh my goodness! It's very nearly a gigabyte!!! A very promising start.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 5, 11 12:25 AM
And.....we get a free game when we buy a CE this month. Wasn't expecting this one, but if it is good as The Void I guess my other choice has to wait. By "good" for me I mean fun to play, not too easy not too hard and great graphics. And yes, I needed the built in SG a couple times but didn't get lost wandering.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on May 5, 11 12:27 AM
Yes, it took quite a long time to download - nearly 10 minutes for me, where most CE games take just a minute or two. If you have limited dowloads with your internet service you might want to consider downloading during non-peak times.

Off to play!

ETA: Options are Music, Sound, Full Screen, and System Cursor. It does fill my wide screen. Then you get your choice of Casual, Advanced, or Hard modes. That should satisfy a wide range of gamers.

Edited on 05/05/2011 at 12:32:34 AM PST

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on May 5, 11 12:55 AM
Buying without even demoing, if its anything like The Void, it will be great. One of my favorite all time games Looks like hours of playtime. Thank you, thank you and thank
you Big Fish Games.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 5, 11 12:58 AM
The game designer is in the game forum - the thread "Questions to Developers".
If you have kudos, comments or questions for him, pop in there and say hello!

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 5, 11 1:01 AM
I played for 30 minutes and I bought it. Wow, looks really very good. Very spooky and it gives me goosepimples. Hidden object scenes are good. The hintbutton recharge very quick.

Thanks BF.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 5, 11 1:05 AM
Two surprises:

1) "Dimensions" disappeared... promises, promises... - Trackers arrived (no complaint)...

2) You can use the Strategy Guide for 3 chapters while playing the trail!!!

It's not an easy game (played the beta too), but with SG I'll hope to handle it. The Adventure mode is quite dominant. You have to collect at least 50 frogs (? why ?).
Good resolution, "Dumbo" developers (signs a quality).

Thanks, developers, thanks BF!

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on May 5, 11 1:05 AM
Update: I played about 25 minutes, then closed it so I could buy it. I think this one is going to appeal to a wide range of players, especially since you can play in Casual, Advance, or Hard mode. The "Try it" is a SAMPLE, not an hour demo, and is two chapters. I didn't even finish half of the first chapter in my 25 minutes, but I was so enchanted with the graphics that I looked around a lot.

Pros: The Strategy guide is accessible during the demo (but it only shows 2 chapters, so I don't know how many total chapters there are. The SG keeps track of where you left off - it doesn't go back to the beginning or menu of the SG, when you close it and open again it is on the same page as when you left.

The tutorial is quite short if you chose it, and you get an Achievement for using it

The music is fantastic, and changes as you perform different actions. It get appropriately spooky during some scenes.

There are well-integrated cut scenes that can be in quite unexpected places. I jumped pretty high for one of them!!

There are a LOT of things to do in each scene, with many that require you to find something somewhere else to perform an action (such as opening doors, removing items that you need, etc.) Plenty of wandering around and poking your nose into places to keep everyone entertained!

The hint button recharges in only about 30 seconds. The task bar is very unobtrusive at the bottom of the screen, not taking up a lot of real estate. I really hate it when the task bar is 2 inches high and cuts off a lot of the screen, but this one leaves plenty of space for the great graphics.

The graphics are superb. You'll want to spend a lot of time just looking around and enjoying the scenery.

For the animal lovers, the critters I have encountered so far are being treated respectfully by the main character - highlight for mild spoiler ( there is a cat that he/she wants to save because it is cold and hungry, and a bird that he needs to get something from, so instead of hitting it with a rock like in some games, you need to find food for it ) so that should make folks happy.

Cons: So far, just the fact that it took quite a while to download - and I've only downoaded the demo so far. The full game is 3 times as big.

I'll leave the in-depth, organized reviews for the experts among us, but this looks like a game that will keep us happy for many hours. As always, TRY IT before buying to make sure it works on your system. ENJOY

Edited on 05/05/2011 at 1:08:11 AM PST

purplemist
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by purplemist on May 5, 11 1:20 AM
I was offered the trial version of this game months ago for review and loved it
Am so happy it finally released now to buy me a pressie for the week
The graphics are nice and clear..some objects are very well hidden...and u get a jump every now and again
Love the background music etc etc etc.
for this game
thx bigfish

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by tillybaby on May 5, 11 1:21 AM
Up to now I've played the demo and thought it was brilliant. There are three game difficulties on this one so Ive gone for the advanced mode which is hard but not too hard, again a very good move,

I have purchased the full game and couldn't believe how large the game is, can't wait until the whole game downloads.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on May 5, 11 1:25 AM
I was expecting Dark Dimensions, but this one's gonna be even better, I'll bet! The Void was awesome--Raincliff promises to be a step up from that!

(Comments based on about 20 minutes with the demo b4 hitting the "Buy It Now" button!). The opening menu screen is WAY artistic, and the options menu gives good choices, including screen selection and cursor choice. There are three (not two) play modes--good luck if you choose the "Hard" one! The intro has some real B&W photos--a neat touch (they're of the students gone missing in Raincliff). The sound FX and background music fit the scenes perfectly; the graphics are some of the most professional I've ever seen. The first hidden-object adventure has realistic items that are pretty easy to find. For the hint system, our trusty frog friend is back--he/she re-ups quickly! The Strategy Guide for the demo covers General Tips and the first two chapters--about 20 pages so far--no guess on game length, but with a whopping D/L file size, this oughta take several hours (at least at my pace!).

I do believe that this is a game meant to be enjoyed slowly--you know, listen to the sounds, appreciate the artwork, absorb the (subtitled) dialogue--it's got all the trappings of a classic H0PA!

Edited on 05/05/2011 at 1:28:12 AM PST

Rose151
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by Rose151 on May 5, 11 1:25 AM
I played for 30 minutes and was sold. Happy early Mother's Day to me!

[Post New]by Streifenbarbe on May 5, 11 1:29 AM
I love it! Graphics, atmosphere, minigames, hidden object scenes, searching frogs and other achievements to earn...... definetly my buy !

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on May 5, 11 1:39 AM
There are 8 chapters plus the bonus play, according to the Strategy Guide (once you purchase.)

Cryssie64
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Cryssie64 on May 5, 11 1:41 AM
ETA: It drives me nuts that you can't post immediately after you've already posted something. You have to wait, what, 4 or 5 minutes? My poor review got hacked in half by two other posters (which is no way their fault), I'm just saying it would have been nice to have both parts together!

Sorry I chopped you Goofyduck, I took my post out so yours isn't quite so split up! Maybe Streifenbarbe would be kind and do the same! I don't know how to just move the posts, unfortunately!

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on May 5, 11 1:50 AM
Comment:

This seems to be an excellent game and I have totally enjoyed the trial!

I am having an overwhelmingly huge deja vu feeling but, I'm still loving it so far. I may just actually spring for this CE, something I don't often do.

I hope that it's long enough. That's the only thing I think could put a real kink in the armor for me with this one. Not enough to stop me from getting this game but it might persuade me to wait for the SE instead.

Enjoy Fishies

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on May 5, 11 1:58 AM
Game intro was fantastic graphics. I enjoyed the other Mystery Tracker game so had a good feeling on this one.

The SG kept track of where you are in game and that is a big plus in my book.

Like the storyline so far and off the purchase.

Happy game day to all fishies

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on May 5, 11 2:10 AM
I love elephant games, they are all good. I have Mystery Trackers: The void & Its wonderful n so is this one. It reminds me of MCF Dire Grove because you are walking around in the snow n looking for missing students only its more spooky. I played it on hard mode? whatever the middle one was n I didn't even finish the sample version when the demo ended & Im a fast player or so it seems. I will buy this, the question is when. I usually like to wait for these kinds of games to come out on mac (i have both pc & mac) but it just takes so darn long!! enjoy

edited to make sense LOL

I bought this

This is seriously one of the BEST games I have ever played. Ive been playing it for over 6 hours n Im still nowhere near done. I thought at one point I was but I was wrong. The storyline is great and it has little movies in between some scenes & things jump out n its completely worth the CE price. I would recommend this game to anyone. Its amazing & you must have this game!!!

Edited on 05/07/2011 at 11:45:17 PM PST

Go to: