bfgImbrium
4,236 Posts

Post any Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on May 6, 11 12:10 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

cateyes51
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Post any Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale technical issues here only

[Post New]by cateyes51 on May 6, 11 2:46 AM
Am having the same problem with the SE as i did with the CE. Pink flashing screen. Had hoped this would of been fixed by now but guess not. To bad, since this looked like a great second game to the series.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,094 Posts

Re:Post any Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale technical issues here only

[Post New]by ember89 on May 6, 11 4:18 AM
having lots of weird issues with the game running on my computer...

it lags like someone dipped it in molasses and there are weird flickers in the background - like someone repeatedly dragged a fork over it, leaving little white marks... for the most part, these are static, so i know they aren't "sparkles" but they are super annoying all the same!

also, i have two cursors... my system cursor runs along with the game cursor... very weird and it makes it difficult to play... just disorienting - and there's no option for the cursor in the menu options, so...

my hint/skip button only does hints... when in the middle of a cut scene, i cannot press "skip" without getting a hint... and when i return to the game after closing the book - the scene still plays out...

i demo'ed this one as a CE and didn't have any of these issues... but because i did the demo, i wanted to skip some of the stuff i had already seen once - especially since this thing runs so poorly...

i have decided not to purchase this one, but that's okay... because i'm getting the mystery trackers CE and that will plenty for my gaming fun fix

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on May 6, 11 5:45 AM
After trying to play this game 3 times, I have decided to uninstall it AGAIN and call it a day. NO SOUND whatsoever, not even after going into options and turning them all up. As far as HINTS go, what a joke! You click HINT and a book opens up, which stays on the same page you are no longer associated with. When I tried to open the book, it said to "there is a small red jewel to the right of the main staircase" which is already in my inventory with the big red jewel and plant healer. I contacted BF about last time and of course their answer was Dr. Felix which said there was nothing wrong with my system. Shocker! I already knew that because every other game I have, plays just fine, WITH SOUND.

Definitely a NO BUY for me!

caput
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by caput on May 6, 11 7:30 AM
I'm getting the pink flashing screen also and it is giving me a headache! Never had this before and it is very annoying. I'll try reinstalling it but don't have high hopes. Odd as the huge game from yesterday plays just fine.

[Post New]by kellbell8288 on May 6, 11 10:16 AM
I'm not sure if this is a technical issue or not, but i seem to be stuck in my game. I am attempting to put the fall emblem on the child to free it and open the winter door, but the hallway is locked by a pink shield. I don't know how to get rid of it so I can open the winter door, and the game just tells me to put the emblem on the child when I push the hint button. All the walkthroughs I've seen don't cover how you get the pink shield down, so until a walkthrough comes along and explains what I'm missing, i think I'm stuck in the game. I hope this isn't some glitch in the game, but I thought I'd post it here and see if anyone eles is having this problem as well.

niki93
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by niki93 on May 6, 11 11:02 AM
the game will not download for me? is anyone having this problem?

[Post New]by flutterbyz24 on May 6, 11 3:34 PM
kellbell8288 wrote:I'm not sure if this is a technical issue or not, but i seem to be stuck in my game. I am attempting to put the fall emblem on the child to free it and open the winter door, but the hallway is locked by a pink shield. I don't know how to get rid of it so I can open the winter door, and the game just tells me to put the emblem on the child when I push the hint button. All the walkthroughs I've seen don't cover how you get the pink shield down, so until a walkthrough comes along and explains what I'm missing, i think I'm stuck in the game. I hope this isn't some glitch in the game, but I thought I'd post it here and see if anyone eles is having this problem as well.

I am having the same problem. The crystal is missing but the crystal is nowhere to be found and I just keep being told to put the jewel on the child. Maybe I bought this too soon?

Pixielate
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by Pixielate on May 6, 11 4:07 PM
Why is there a white hourglass always on the screen? How annoying! Otherwise, the game would be really nice.

[Post New]by flutterbyz24 on May 6, 11 7:27 PM
flutterbyz24 wrote:
kellbell8288 wrote:I'm not sure if this is a technical issue or not, but i seem to be stuck in my game. I am attempting to put the fall emblem on the child to free it and open the winter door, but the hallway is locked by a pink shield. I don't know how to get rid of it so I can open the winter door, and the game just tells me to put the emblem on the child when I push the hint button. All the walkthroughs I've seen don't cover how you get the pink shield down, so until a walkthrough comes along and explains what I'm missing, i think I'm stuck in the game. I hope this isn't some glitch in the game, but I thought I'd post it here and see if anyone eles is having this problem as well.

I am having the same problem. The crystal is missing but the crystal is nowhere to be found and I just keep being told to put the jewel on the child. Maybe I bought this too soon?

I finally uninstalled and reinstalled my game. Picked up where I left off but doors were open that weren't open and I was out of my "loop". I was so intrigued with the game I finished it tonight!

AbyBess
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by AbyBess on May 7, 11 6:37 AM
I'm also a victim of the pink screen, pink boxes, and pink static flashes.

I've submitted a request for Tech support including a Dr. Felix file and a couple of screenshots. But it seems a number of people had this problem with the CE, and now some of us with the SE.

I liked the first game in the series, and I was looking forward to this one, but to be honest if the response I receive is "problem with your computer" I will probably just pass. I enjoy gaming, but I'm not really interested in spending my day checking drivers and updating graphic cards or whatever they are likely to suggest. There are plenty of other games that work just fine on whatever I've already got on my computer and I'd just rather move on to them if this one doesn't like me!

Too bad. I wanted to play this one.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,477 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on May 7, 11 1:48 PM
MaryEl wrote:Two cursors on the screen. The system cursor and the custom cursor. They both move around at the same time. No place to choose which cursor you want to use. Is there a fix for this?

Hi MaryEl, any chance you're playing on a Mac? My Mac does this all the time on many games. If you're on a Mac, just exit out of the game and go back in. I'm on a MacBook and any time I close the lid of the computer without exiting the game, I often come back to two cursors.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,477 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on May 7, 11 1:49 PM
flutterbyz24 wrote:

Place the Summer Medallion on the Summer child to open the door to Autumn. You will find a Summer Jewel in Autumn, place it on the Summer child to open the door to Winter. The Red Crystal will be found in Winter above the door to Pandora's Palace (the door that needs a seahorse). Then use the Red Crystal to open the alcove to the Autumn and Winter children.

Hope that clarifies where you are stuck - the medallion and jewel go on the Summer child, not the Autumn child.

bjko1
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by bjko1 on May 7, 11 7:00 PM
cateyes51 wrote:Am having the same problem with the SE as i did with the CE. Pink flashing screen. Had hoped this would of been fixed by now but guess not. To bad, since this looked like a great second game to the series.
I also am having pink flashing screens. I am sure that I am missing things. Help

[Post New]by Kay13411 on May 9, 11 12:51 PM
bjko1 wrote:
cateyes51 wrote:Am having the same problem with the SE as i did with the CE. Pink flashing screen. Had hoped this would of been fixed by now but guess not. To bad, since this looked like a great second game to the series.
I also am having pink flashing screens. I am sure that I am missing things. Help

I am having the same problem and don't know what to do. I uninstalled and then reinstalled the same thing is still happening. This is my first time ever posting here so I don't know if there is someone/something else I should be doing.

dregester
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by dregester on May 9, 11 1:31 PM
I love the graphics in this game, but I am also getting the pink flashing screen and now that I've gone through the first door, the whole screen is pink. Hope they can fix this problem because I would love to buy this game.

[Post New]by margiesbb55 on May 9, 11 9:50 PM
I am having problems with the orange shards. Where do they go? I've looked and looked...cannot find where to put them. Why don't you have a blog walk thru? Help!

zandarn
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by zandarn on May 10, 11 11:58 AM
Orange Shards -- it took me a minute too. If you found the electrical connnection puzzle, ("there's no power") there is a round thing immediately above that puzzle. When you close up on it, that is where the shards go and when complete, provides power to the puzzle right below

zandarn
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by zandarn on May 10, 11 12:03 PM
At the end and ran into a problem. I found nine of the globes, placed them and then went to search for #10. I saw that the creepy eye went into the hands puzzle and I did that - watched them all change position, clicked on a hand to see what was next and then I was scooted back out of close up and a wait symbol appeared. I waited and waited but the hourglass did not go away. I tried to click elsewhere including menu and hint etc. but no luck. Task Manager said the game was still "running" but it was frozen - I couldn't do anything even after 10 minutes of waiting. I finally closed it down thru Task Manager and lost my progress. This appears to me to be a glitch but I haven't seen anyone post anything on it.

[Post New]by margiesbb55 on May 10, 11 1:06 PM
OH MY GOSH!!!! Thank you, I got it and finished the game. I can't believe I missed that! Thanks again!

Go to: