bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on May 6, 11 12:11 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale

[Post New]by orijojo on May 6, 11 12:13 AM
I’m not even going to bother trialing this game, I trialed the C/E and promised myself I would buy the S/E, when it arrived and here it is.

Happy gaming everyone.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 6, 11 12:22 AM
Coomented in the other thread about the nasty sparkles, and the player more or less ending blind.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on May 6, 11 12:39 AM
Poutoule wrote:Coomented in the other thread about the nasty sparkles, and the player more or less ending blind.

The sparkles weren't a problem to me at all. At some points I was glad they were there. The places you visit are huge! And you can get lost on what to do and where to go at times even though there was a strategy guide. I truly loved every aspect of the game. The game was totally beautiful. And one after your done playing won't forget it that easy at all. The Gogii team did a superior job on this one. I had fun with the CE version.

Happy gaming!

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on May 6, 11 1:30 AM
Didnt complete the trial on this because I felt as though I was running round and getting nowhere , didnt like the the eerie music and the voice and didnt like the constant egg timer I'm a bit impatient I'm afraid and like to get from scene to scene as quickly as possible I didnt think there were enough clear instructions as to where to go next and the hint didn't guide you very well .Maybe i just need a bit more help than most , anyway have a good day all xx

Inanga
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Inanga on May 6, 11 1:37 AM
Quite a weird game to play. Had lots of flashing pink areas that drove me nuts LOL! Not a buy for me unfortunately.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on May 6, 11 3:22 AM
Love this sequel. It's absolutely beautiful! The graphics,sound, story are so amazing. I'm so glad for those of us that wait for the SE, it's our turn. It's really beautiful. I played the CE, but I waited for the SE. It is worth the wait. It's lived up to everything I hoped for. I highly recommend this game. At least give it the full trial try. You might enjoy it more if you try the first one. It make sense in the story and game play.

I rate this: FINE SWINE

My "Terms" for Hogs,IHogs,Frogs & Other types of games.

FINE SWINE:
Great game with the best graphics and story. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.

PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog. For true lover's of these types of games

PORK BELLY:
Maybe a likable game for some, but not for everyone. It’s just mediocre.

TROTTER:
Pig's foot, don't run away with buying it. lol

PIG DOWN:
Rolling in the mudd, don't go near it or you'll get soiled.
‘ ‘
(o)

muppetmel
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by muppetmel on May 6, 11 3:57 AM
sassylassie wrote:
Poutoule wrote:Coomented in the other thread about the nasty sparkles, and the player more or less ending blind.

The sparkles weren't a problem to me at all. At some points I was glad they were there. The places you visit are huge! And you can get lost on what to do and where to go at times even though there was a strategy guide. I truly loved every aspect of the game. The game was totally beautiful. And one after your done playing won't forget it that easy at all. The Gogii team did a superior job on this one. I had fun with the CE version.

Happy gaming!

I totally agree. I just loved every aspect of this game, and yes it could be sometimes confusing, but that's okay -- you're there to solve them! I also got quite addicted to the bonus game Zems. LOL! I wouldn't quit it until I got that third trophy (gold) --- TWICE! Awesome game!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 6, 11 4:08 AM
well, i was waiting for the SE to come out, and here it is... and i'm disappointed as all...

anyway, the game runs kinda sketchy, i have two cursors, and the "skip this cut scene" button doesn't skip, but instead gives an unwanted hint...

i demo'ed the CE and didn't have these problems, so what's wrong with this version?

the only options available to change are for sound and full screen, so i can't do anything about the cursor issue, but i do wish that i could skip scenes that i have already seen - especially since they play out sooo slowly...

i intend to post also in the tech thread, but wanted to post my comments regarding the game here also...

this is just unreal... i guess my wait is over - and i guess i will buying something else!

good luck everyone

dcairns
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by dcairns on May 6, 11 4:11 AM
Very odd game. Not for me after playing 30 minutes of demo.

cateyes51
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by cateyes51 on May 6, 11 5:21 AM
As with the CE i got the pink screen and flashing pink boxes again. Had hoped these would of been fixed by the time the SE came out..

[Post New]by Columbia999 on May 6, 11 5:44 AM
I love this game, but the only thing that bugs me is the woman's voice, it's so irritating. She's as annoying as the voice of Nicole Bonnet in the Art of Murder games!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 6, 11 6:11 AM
I have played and liked part 1 of Empress of the deep, but didn`t like the second part very much. It feels like almost the same. The graphic is also not special, also the storyline. Only an average game in my opinion, and a "no buy" for me

Jerripat
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by Jerripat on May 6, 11 6:32 AM
Tried the Collector's editiion and would have bought the SE if it had a walkthru

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 6, 11 7:09 AM
Jerripat wrote:Tried the Collector's editiion and would have bought the SE if it had a walkthru

I sent you a PM with a link to a Walk Through for this game.
I hope that helps you!!

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on May 6, 11 8:12 AM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:
Love this sequel. It's absolutely beautiful! The graphics,sound, story are so amazing. I'm so glad for those of us that wait for the SE, it's our turn. It's really beautiful. I played the CE, but I waited for the SE. It is worth the wait. It's lived up to everything I hoped for. I highly recommend this game. At least give it the full trial try. You might enjoy it more if you try the first one. It make sense in the story and game play.

I rate this: FINE SWINE

Columbia999 wrote:

I love this game, but the only thing that bugs me is the woman's voice, it's so irritating. She's as annoying as the voice of Nicole Bonnet in the Art of Murder games!

Here!! here!! LovetoMissLisa, I also found this game very enjoyable, I was engaged and intrigued for 4 plus hours and loved every minute. In the C/E forum for this game someone said they thought it was too easy. I didn’t find easy or difficult, just involving for me.
I also enjoyed the first one, but not quite so much.

And Columbia999, I actually thought it was Nicole Bonnet, but City Interactive is a Polish developer, and I don’t think Gogii are, but I really don’t know. Actually I don’t mind Nicole’s voice, I’ve bought all 4 AOM games and I’m used to it now.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on May 6, 11 8:49 AM
I tried the demo and I did not care much for the game, The game just did not keep me interested..But for the one's that like the game Good Luck..

yve501
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by yve501 on May 6, 11 9:04 AM
I bought the C.E. having enjoyed the first game. I still haven't finished it BOOOORING is the only way I can describe it. Lots of running around in pretty scenes with not a lot to do.

minipal
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by minipal on May 6, 11 9:08 AM
I purchased the CE and loved the game but just wanted to make a comment/suggestion to BF. I posted this before on another game forum:
"Thank you fishies for mentioning that there was a CE version because I buy so many games that I forget that I already bought the CE. Usually BF will make the following statement: "For a more in depth experience, check out the Collector's Edition" on the main page of the game description. That triggers me to check if I already bought the CE but this time the statement wasn't there. I know I should remember all the games but there are too many
BF, can you please indicate when the game was already released as a CE? Some of us have senior moments

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on May 6, 11 11:11 AM
Played through the full demo with out stopping, so this game did hold my interest. I don't think there is a need for a walkthrough, since the hint system will tell you what to do next in addition to finding hidden objects. I liked the first one and I am enjoying this one. This is a buy for me.

Go to: