bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Rescue Team

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on May 6, 11 12:12 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Rescue Team? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

jueh
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Rescue Team

[Post New]by jueh on May 6, 11 12:23 AM
I am going to buy this after the first level simply because the gameplay reminds me of Roads of Rome and MKFP, hope I'm not disappointed!

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on May 6, 11 12:43 AM
A comment rather than a review:

I love how the description for this game says "unlike any other game you've played!" Umm... No. I mean, it's pretty fun and it's cute, but it's so much like the other strategy games! If you like My Kingdom for the Princess, this is pretty much the same deal but in a new environment.

Lord_Lollipop
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Lord_Lollipop on May 6, 11 1:26 AM
Nothing new or different. Hohum

Edited on 05/06/2011 at 1:27:22 AM PST

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on May 6, 11 1:54 AM
Seems like BFG did bring us many great and interesting TM games lately, great job!

This is some kind like Building TM which i don't quite like, i only liked two games in this gerne "The Timebuilders" and "Royal Envoy". This game surprised me, i love it! The graphics is colorful , the game is not boring at all, you can repair your own house so the game is more interesting!

I wonder about the game length, is it long or short??? Anyway, bought it already

pixie30
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by pixie30 on May 6, 11 2:00 AM
Nice game but the fast clock spoils it, I cant complete it in time to get gold even on the second level onwards. This means you dont get as much money to rebuild your house.

I hope they can fix the clock speed as this is the only thing that is stopping me from buying it as I hate it when you cant complete the game fully.

Is anyone else finding the clock too fast?

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on May 6, 11 3:24 AM
I already own this game, and have finished it. I couldn't wait for BF to get it. I brought several games over the past weekend that I couldn't wait for. I love the game, but one con for me that I didn't like is that it is even worse than MKFTP games as far as how much time is given. It seems like there is more demanding goals for this game and even less time. It does allow you to finish the levels and just finishing the levels gives you money for rebuilding your home, so that redeemed itself for me. Which also means that you can go back anytime and improve your scores. I have a lot of levels I have to go back and improve. I didn't complete the game in one day. It took me a couple of days to complete and I played for long periods of time., but also did other things while playing. I'd say it's about 10 to 12 hours of non stop playing. Much more when you go back to get gold on all the levels.

It has a great replay value which make the game worth it for me. That's the first thing I look for in a game now.

Edited on 05/06/2011 at 3:28:11 AM PST

[Post New]by bakagaijin78 on May 6, 11 4:26 AM
I played about 5 levels and I think I will be buying this one. The graphics are nice and the gameplay is very much like MKFTP (which I loved!).

The timer is a little more unforgiving, but I actually like this very much. I enjoy a challenge. That being said, I finished the first 5 levels with 'gold' the first try, but a couple of them just barely. The thing to think about is you don't need to tackle all obstacles; just focus on the ones that will help you achieve the level's goals. If I tried to clear all debris on a level there would be no way to achieve gold on it.

Its great to hear that the game is lengthy, and I always go back to re-play these types of games anyway.

eidica2
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by eidica2 on May 6, 11 4:45 AM
Agreed. And you will not be disappointed. I purchased this game a few weeks ago from another site...I was getting fed up with BFG everyday having yet another multi-platform **** game. Rescue Team is not for those who can't walk and chew gum at the same time . It's very challenging and if you are good at multi-tasking and strategizing...then you will enjoy this game. It is possible to complete every level on gold as I've done it (while saying "run run run" at the last milla second) and replaying some levels over and over to use different strategies. This game is definetly worth every penny.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 6, 11 5:42 AM
Rescue Team is fun, gripping, and unlike any other game you've played!

unless, of course, you've played other TM builders like it...

i have to say, though, that i don't recall ever having played any game where i had to rescue stranded folks with a helicopter... or put out fires the same way... so... i guess it is unlike anything i've ever played...

i like the build [obviously] and i love the little characters... especially the woohoo! when they get rescued... the game is bright, the graphics well-rendered, the difficulty level perfect, and the music a little quirky

i especially like theme of the game and the fact that you sometimes have to rescue your own aid workers also... i guess it's like i feel like i'm doing something good - even though i'm just playing a game - and that just rocks in this day and age... i volunteer locally when i can, so 'doing something' is always a good thing...

i have bounced back and forth between silver and gold along the map and have found that strategy is very important... i build what i have to and only fix enough road to get around to what i need... i've found that takes some off my time, but still perfecting on some levels...

this one is very much a buy for me! and i look forward to restoring the islands and my big, beautiful house!!

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on May 6, 11 5:45 AM
Nothing unique about this game at all, it's a revamp of My Kingdom for the Princess with the twist that you restore an island paradise.

Well, it's not bad, but some points irked me:

- You can't plan ahead from the beginning of the level, since the time starts running immediately.
- Buildings are not always clear what they are, and I always needed a few seconds to find out where I'm starting out from.
- Do nothing for a few seconds and the level is a goner. At least the gold medal, but I fear that requirements in later levels will be even harsher. Kingdom was a much more forgiving game in that aspect.

What I liked was the diverse things to do, like fighting the debris to free additional workers, or working to free dynamite, also the helicopter is a nice touch.

I am on the bubble about whether to buy or not. If it becomes a daily deal then for sure.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 6, 11 6:19 AM
The game is very similar to My Kingdom for the princess, but only with other levels and with another setting. For me its not different enough and not special to be worth a buy for the full price. I won`t buy it yet, but probably if its become a daily deal one day or if I need another game for my punchcard.

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on May 6, 11 7:43 AM
pixie30 wrote:Nice game but the fast clock spoils it, I cant complete it in time to get gold even on the second level onwards. This means you dont get as much money to rebuild your house.

I hope they can fix the clock speed as this is the only thing that is stopping me from buying it as I hate it when you cant complete the game fully.

Sorry, but it's only the fast clock (to expert) that will make it an eventual buy for me. I have played so many similar games that it needed to be challenging to get expert for it to hold my interest. As soon as it took me 2 goes to get gold on level 2 my interest shot up. I read somewhere else about it having a restore the house mini-game, so I was looking forward to some sort of puzzle and was disappointed to see that it isn't a mini-game at all. The BF blurb mentions mini-games too so maybe there will be some further on(?).

I am not at all interested in the rebuilding the house bit, just in getting all golds, so it's a pity I can't pass my earned money onto you Pixie .

Laflamme wrote:Well, it's not bad, but some points irked me:

- You can't plan ahead from the beginning of the level, since the time starts running immediately.
- Buildings are not always clear what they are, and I always needed a few seconds to find out where I'm starting out from.
- Do nothing for a few seconds and the level is a goner. At least the gold medal, but I fear that requirements in later levels will be even harsher. Kingdom was a much more forgiving game in that aspect.
(Bolding mine)

I believe you are mistaken about that Laflamme (unless your version plays differently to mine?). The new level comes up with 'press any key' at the bottom but, if you don't press any key, the timer doesn't start until you make a move & you can look at the scene, check the goals or whatever, for as long as you like before starting the timer.

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on May 6, 11 7:57 AM
I read the main review on the 'summer house' site before playing so I expected to be disappointed due to comments like can't hire new workers and can't chain actions.

I thought that without being able to hire new workers it would feel slow but that's not the case because you just rescue additional workers as part of a level instead of needing to hire them.

I also don't remember being able to chain tasks in any similar games, so not sure why the review would complain about that . The only tiny nitpicking thing I would say is that I thought in the MKftP games, the circle around a task would stay red until not only the resources are available but a worker too. (Am I right about that?).

In this game the circle goes green once the resources are available and at first I would click on a green circle, assume someone was doing it and then find it hadn't been done. I got used to that very quickly though and it won't stop me buying.

What is stopping me from buying today is just that I have plenty of unfinished games, including ones very similar to this, to catch up on and I am not intending to spend any cash here in May (including membership fee). I will be using 2 coupons in total the whole month so I want to wait and see what else comes out.

But I think it's a good game and, so far (half way through the demo), I would recommend trying it to anyone who is ready for another game of this type. That review I mentioned did also suggest that it doesn't introduce much variation through the later levels, but I won't mind that so long as each level is still challenging . I will finish the demo today and then check this thread in a few days for reviews from anyone who has finished it.

Edited on 05/06/2011 at 8:01:12 AM PST

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on May 6, 11 7:59 AM
Well Daisy May, in my version you get the new level with that hint window over it, meaning you don't see the whole level. When I click the mouse time starts running.

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on May 6, 11 8:03 AM
Laflamme wrote:Well Daisy May, in my version you get the new level with that hint window over it, meaning you don't see the whole level. When I click the mouse time starts running.

What hint window? Are you maybe talking about the very first level? I will look again when I go back and start the next level because it's possible that I was basing my comment on what happens when you replay a level (I was replaying level 2 when I replied to your post).

Have you tried restarting the level to see if you just get the 'press any key' instead then?

ETA
I went back in to start level (4 I think) from scratch.

I got the goals screen up at the beginning and pressed Play on that, then got the playing screen which said 'click anywhere to start' near the bottom (not a pop up window and not in the way) and, because I didn't click anywhere, the timer didn't start.

I wonder if you are looking at the very first level and maybe being a tutorial level it does just jump you straight in. It took me a few seconds to notice the red arrows that pass for a tutorial on the first screen.

Or... could you be accidentally double clicking on Play instead of single clicking and the second click starting it off?

Edited on 05/06/2011 at 8:12:02 AM PST

kimnick
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by kimnick on May 6, 11 8:08 AM
I love these games they make a nice change from the constant HOG's we have been getting. I have just finished Royal Envoy for millionth time and never get sick of it. This game is very challenging as the time does fly very fast and have only acquired 2 gold but will replay to improve on this. Great Game BF please give me more like this. Especially now as I have had shoulder surgery and cannot do much with my left arm at the moment so this is at least giving my brain a workout.

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on May 6, 11 8:12 AM
I played this game for a full hour trial on another site and have been eagerly awaiting it. I was so pleased to find a playable TM game that while like MKFTP and Roads of Rome it does have some additions such as the helicopters for rescues and fires. If you like TM games try this one!

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on May 6, 11 9:42 AM
I enjoyed this game and will probably be using one of my game credits to purchase.

I did feel there were several things MKftP and RoR did better - such as only giving you a green circle around something when you actually have a person to do it. And for some reason I found this game's bar at the top left of the screen confusing. I think I am used to the other games so this one just feels different - guess I'm just not used to it yet. I'm only on Level 6.

This game is also a bit trickier because you really have to think about how you want to go about clearing the level. If you try and remove all the rocks or fix all the bridges, your time will probably run out.

Happy gaming to all fishies who enjoyed!

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on May 6, 11 1:04 PM
pixie30 wrote:Nice game but the fast clock spoils it, I cant complete it in time to get gold even on the second level onwards. This means you dont get as much money to rebuild your house.

You can still complete the levels whether or not the timer runs out. And believe it or not you can get gold on all the levels, once you've played them a few time trying different strategies you pretty much figure out what needs to absolutely be done to complete the level and in which order. First time through I got equal half gold and half silver. I've been going back and replaying the levels I got silver on and by the third replay have gotten gold on all the ones I've done so far. I only had the time completely run out on 6 levels but was sweating it on several others. You still get silver when your timer runs out. Now it's a quest for me to quit looking at the decrepit house and get it all new again. I still have a few things to fix on it.

Go to: