ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

Anyone having problems feeding the dragons?

[Post New]by ajuma on May 6, 11 2:27 AM
I'm on the second island and was trying to drop food on a dragon while also battling the heros. For some reason, the food wouldn't drop! I looked and I had enough food in the rack, but by poor little guy died because no food would drop.

Has this happened to anyone else?

bethjudy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,207 Posts

Re:Anyone having problems feeding the dragons?

[Post New]by bethjudy on May 6, 11 9:50 AM
I did have this happen a couple times. Usually when the dragon was behind a rock or the food bin. What seemed to help was feeding another dragon, since they tend to move toward the food, even if it's not theirs. This gets them out from behind the obstacle.

Anyone having problems feeding the dragons?

[Post New]by TuffTadpoles on May 6, 11 12:16 PM

ajuma wrote:
For some reason, the food wouldn't drop! I looked and I had enough food in the rack, but my poor little guy died because no food would drop.

Ourself94
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by Ourself94 on May 8, 11 6:17 PM
I've had this problem too! Especially if there is only one dragon asking for food. If another dragon asks for food after I've tried to feed one and it doesn't work, I am usually able to feed both. I guess it's a glitch?

lemur998
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by lemur998 on May 8, 11 8:05 PM
I've encountered the same thing. I've been unable to drop food and I've had the food sitting there but the dragon doesn't seem to see it. One little guy starved to death with food right at his feet! It does seem to be a glitch that fixes itself as long as you have enough dragons so that someone else gets hungry.

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on May 9, 11 6:21 AM
I find that when I start giving food out they all rush towards it so I just click like mad amongst a mass of hungry dragons (trying to hit ones with a circle but missing sometimes) until all the little circles disappear and somehow enough food is dispensed and they all eat.

It's true that the circles would disappear if they were dying too, but I'd know if that was happening because I'd be finding new eggs on the nests at the start of the next day (which I haven't).

I once had an opposite annoyance. It was towards the end of day and I was trying to pick up some more jewels but, because the dragons were in the middle of a feeding frenzy around the same spot, my cursor was a chicken stick and I couldn't pick the gems up. It goes away as soon as they all are fed, so was only a problem that time because they day ended.

ETA I am usually busy doing other things and tend not to get around to feeding the second the circle pops up then, when I start, I just keep feeding until no-one is asking any more, so maybe that's why I usually have bunch to feed at once and haven't had this lone feeder problem (?).

Edited on 05/09/2011 at 9:41:09 AM PST

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on May 14, 11 9:15 PM
This has happened to me too. On a couple of occasions I've had them die and had to rehatch them the next day because they wouldn't eat, even though the food was sitting right there in front of them. I'm at least glad we DO get them back as eggs the next day and don't have to go back to one less dragon and buy them again.

[Post New]by Mizzou_Fish on May 18, 11 1:54 PM
I've had that happen a few times. One thing you can do to keep the dragon from dying when that happens is to exit to the main menu before the time runs out for the day. When you go back, you'll start over on that day.

Go to: