shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 7, 11 12:15 AM
Hooray, they got the game forum up and running earlier today!
I am really glad because I am really tired and will be sleeping soon.

I already played Snark Busters 2: All Revved Up and I really liked it - both of the Snarks are great games. This one is a bit easier than the first one I thought but this isn't necessarily a bad thing - the first one was pretty tricky and I used several hints while playing that one. This is another light hearted, entertaining story with the same quality FROG game play and the same clever and unique mechanisms.

Enjoy the game and enjoy your weekend!

ETA: OMG, the Mother's Day Felix is so cute. LOL

Edited on 05/07/2011 at 12:23:25 AM PST

Cryssie64
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by Cryssie64 on May 7, 11 12:28 AM
I'm so looking forward to playing this one (even though I haven't yet finished Mystery Trackers ). I loved the first in the series and introduced a friend of mine to BF with that very game. She loved it and is now a BF devotee herself. My download time is a bit slow this evening - still only just over half way through but I'll be back later, hopefully, to put something in the 'official' thread! (So glad we've got this one to past the time of day without being shot at dawn!!)

Seize ya later!

antiquer
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,359 Posts

[Post New]by antiquer on May 7, 11 12:36 AM
Loved the first one. Will try tomorrow as it is now 3:33 AM. Just hope I don't forget what I am doing in Mystery Trackers! Keep having those moments when I go back to a game and think "now what was I supposed to be looking for?"

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 7, 11 12:41 AM
antiquer wrote:Loved the first one. Will try tomorrow as it is now 3:33 AM. Just hope I don't forget what I am doing in Mystery Trackers! Keep having those moments when I go back to a game and think "now what was I supposed to be looking for?"

It's very easy: just click on the froggy, and it will tell you what to do (even without Strategy Guide).

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 7, 11 12:43 AM
Me too antiquer! I haven't played in the Mystery Trackers all day (yesterday) and I was going to play it for a while last night and I had no idea what my inventory might be for or what I needed to do. I just kind of sat there and scratched my head.

Hi Cryssie! Yes, all "I am downloading" posters are welcome here - no wet noodle lashing or harsh reply posts!

Good morning Rebecca Lily!!

Edited on 05/07/2011 at 12:45:01 AM PST

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,531 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on May 7, 11 12:53 AM
i played for about 5 minutes (just to make sure it worked) and bought it. i was almost hoping for a continuation with the girl from the first one but it looks like we are helping a race car driver lol.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 7, 11 12:58 AM
Good morning amj!

Yes - it is a whole new and different story line this time. I am thinking seriously about replaying the first Snark now... I have been wanting to do that! Hmmm - or should I finish playing Mystery Trackers 2 first. So many games, so little time!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 7, 11 1:13 AM
Good morning shadowfax!

Did you find your loving hide-and-seek credit card? I see you caught it yesterday...

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,181 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 7, 11 1:36 AM
I wish I could get in all the fun. The first Snark was so anticipated and received with excitement on reviews. The demo icon is still on my game mgr and how long on my maybe list of games I think I'd love. Graphics were so imaginative, great, as the story. But oh those frogs and a small screen, that hour was a real struggle. I wanted to have fun with it but couldn't.

So, here we are with SB2 and feeling a letdown. Shouldn't really because like others I need to get back to MysTrackers Raincliff. But I won't remember what I was doing when I stopped to buy it, at least it has the SG to lead me out of my trance (all those places to remember that needs something I don't have). But go there or back to Shiver, or back to Allora or or you know how it goes.

I was going to d/l the trial at least to see if it is easier to see, bigger frags than before, not a squinter etc etc. Decided to see if anyone here can comment if it is easier, i.e. to see. Not at all fond of frags anyway, want more good HOGs. May as well spend the hour playing a game. But I'm anxious to d/l rest of Raintree, or the rest of Amber Maiden for more distractions. Maybe I'll just do a non-threatening M3 til I or spin the bottle and see where it stops.

Is it funny? OK for a laptop screen? oh never mind.

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on May 7, 11 1:44 AM
Can some kind fishy help me out with the Mother Day Iphone sale.

I have never bought anything from BFG for my phone (as a matter of fact I've never bought anything for my phone), and don't even know where to start.

I know I may sound dumb but if I decide to buy a game how does it get on my phone and does my phone need to be on the net (which it is but not when I leave home and there is no sense buying games for my phone if I'm at home, I'll just use my laptop).

Am I making any sense here? Does somebody out there know what I'm trying to say?????

Helppppppppppppp

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,181 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 7, 11 2:01 AM
No orijojo you aren't making sense. No more than I'd make if I had the same question or tried to answer. PC downloads and I'm already on brain overload. I don't have an iphone, ipad, cell, don't even know what wii is and don't care. I just went through the nightmare of ATT installing some bundled fancy crap, uninstalling it all after a week just to get my land line back and answering machine. Yeh, I still use one of those antique gizmos. And reconnected to cable tv and internet.

Hope you find the info here or google, yesterday on the mother's day sale thread there are a few who are buying the phone games. PM one of them. Isn't there some kind of "app store" where you download, buy. Not even sure what that store is.

OK fishies, quit the OT and help out this game lover in time for a 99c game.
(took me better part of 2 days just learning how to get some of those groupon coupons, think my time was worth more than 3.99 off a game. But like you, hard to pass up a bargain. Hope the games are big enough to see on tiny screen, smaller than a laptop

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on May 7, 11 2:16 AM
Thanks for your comforting advice Puzzledone, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who doesn't know how to use all the gizmo stuff of the day.

Now I'm not in such a panic thinking I might miss the MD Sale, I think I may be able to use my phone itself. ie., log into BFG via my phone (never tried it), and not sure I can, but my concern there would be using my banking details over the phone. One of the reasons I'm so loyal to BFG is because I trust them implicitly, they don't have spurious companies advertising on their site and their site is probably one of the most professional I've ever dealt with, but Iphones are so unsafe and being a Sony/PS3 user, I've had a bit of a scare lately.

Anyway, maybe some wonderful fish out there will know the answer, and be able to help me out.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,157 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 7, 11 2:40 AM
Hi all,
Just got back from my helping my friend who runs a florist get set up for Mother's Day tomorrow. Logged in, not expecting to find much - but what a pleasant surprise to find this game waiting for me with which to unwind.
Only played half an hour "elsewhere" when it was first released as I figured it was going to be a buy for me if it was up to the standard of the first.
I agree with Shadowfax that this one is somewhat easier than the first (why is this generally the case?), but still enjoyable. Loved some of the humour - the cat LOL.
I hope all of you who are celebrating Mother's Day on Sunday 8th have a wonderful day and at least one special treat.
I know someone already has hers - her fur babies bought her the latest Mystery Trackers CE!!
Enjoy all.
Cheers.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,711 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on May 7, 11 2:48 AM
orijojo wrote:Can some kind fishy help me out with the Mother Day Iphone sale.

I have never bought anything from BFG for my phone (as a matter of fact I've never bought anything for my phone), and don't even know where to start.

I know I may sound dumb but if I decide to buy a game how does it get on my phone and does my phone need to be on the net (which it is but not when I leave home and there is no sense buying games for my phone if I'm at home, I'll just use my laptop).

Am I making any sense here? Does somebody out there know what I'm trying to say?????

Helppppppppppppp

LOL Jojo, I wouldn't have a clue either.

But isn't that what we have kids for ? LOL. (Actually my son keeps changing my hubbies ring tone to things he hates knowing hubby wouldn't know where to start to change it LOL )

Edited on 05/07/2011 at 2:49:09 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,157 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 7, 11 3:09 AM
Hi there jojo_the_joyful,
I'm a real wizz with my iPhone. Before mobile phones (or cell phones or whatever you want to call them), we used to leave the phone number at home of where we were going to be when we went out, now I leave my iphone at home!!!
Always forget to take it.
Cheers

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on May 7, 11 3:13 AM
Thanks Jojo

I think your son is very, very funny, I must remember that one, I know quite a few people I could play that one on, and get a great laugh. Every time I think about it I have another little giggle to myself.

jojo

yve501
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by yve501 on May 7, 11 3:39 AM
Well that was a nice surprise! I demo'd this game at the developer's site and when I loaded the BF demo it remembered me and let me continue from where I'd got too! Didn't know that could happen. Of course it confused the hell out of me cause I couldn't remember where I was or what I was doing But an extra free hour who's complaining.
Now I'm wondering if I demo it somewhere else will the same thing happen?

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,157 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 7, 11 3:53 AM
Hi there yve501,
On most occasions when you try a game, a file is set up to save your profile. Even when you delete or uninstall the game, this file still exists so when you install and play it again, it will find the file/folder with your previous profile and enable you to continue on from there.
I must admit that I have actually completed a couple of VERY short games unintentionally in the past because of this. I thought they would have been longer.
Cheers.

Edited on 05/07/2011 at 3:54:13 AM PST

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,711 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on May 7, 11 4:31 AM
THIS IS A RANT

This game & you lot are SOOOOOOOO bad for me.

last night in my wisdom, I decided to swap around all my kitchen cupboards.

So I emptied the lot out, washed them down & left the sorting & replacing for today.

Then came this game

When I manage to opt out of the game to do some work, I end up spending even more time reading these pages & worse, replying to them.

Oh well, it is almost 12.30 pm here, It is my sons 17th birthday & we have my daughter & boyfriend coming for tea,and I am still in my PJ's.

I need to get motivated but I fear the Snark has invaded my house & brainwashed me

HEEEEELLLLLLLP !!!!!

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
588 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on May 7, 11 4:40 AM
antiquer wrote:Loved the first one. Will try tomorrow as it is now 3:33 AM. Just hope I don't forget what I am doing in Mystery Trackers! Keep having those moments when I go back to a game and think "now what was I supposed to be looking for?"

I do that, too! Also, sometimes I'll download a free trial (or two) and play them before going back to my "main game". Then I get mixed up and not remembering which game I'm playing! I think: "I KNOW I saw so-and-so around here somewhere..." then realize it was in a free trial or in a different game! I'm going to have to watch that!

Go to: