bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Linkit - A Christmas Carol forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 18, 08 5:53 PM
Welcome to Linkit - A Christmas Carol forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Linkit - A Christmas Carol players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Linkit - A Christmas Carol forum

[Post New]by floridakeys on Dec 6, 08 11:17 PM
How many games are there in Act V - The End of It? I have FINALLY gotten there and not able to complete yet.

[Post New]by karenec on Aug 8, 09 7:41 PM
Hi: I've tried for a year to get past level V 1 Linkit - A Christmas Carol and have never made it. I have probably tried it 100 times but I run out of time. It's become so frustrating I think I'll return the game if that's possible. I've even tried re-installing but it's just the same. Any tips? K

Edited on 08/08/2009 at 7:42:20 PM PST

[Post New]by mom530 on Aug 20, 09 8:18 AM
karenec wrote:Hi: I've tried for a year to get past level V 1 Linkit - A Christmas Carol and have never made it. I have probably tried it 100 times but I run out of time. It's become so frustrating I think I'll return the game if that's possible. I've even tried re-installing but it's just the same. Any tips? K
HEY EVERYONE. FINALLY MADE IT PAST 5-6 GOT TO 5-11 AND GOT THREE BLOCKS LEFT AND DIDN'T MAKE IT.SO I'M TRYING AGAIN. KEEP TRYING EVERYONE IT TAKES ALOT OF PRACTICE RUNS BUT I'M GOING TO HANG IN THERE UNTIL I REEACH THE END.

[Post New]by kvfwriter on Mar 20, 10 7:53 AM
I've been playing this game for more than a year. I got past V-6 once (can't imagine how) then ran out of lives in short order. I try chapter 5 every day. Does anyone have a strategy? At first, I tried working from the bottom of the puzzle. Now, I'm working from the top, which does work better but still... If anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear it. Abd BFG staff, have you ever gotten through chapter five? If so. strategy advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

moonlightgrey
Flounder
Flounder
2,076 Posts

[Post New]by moonlightgrey on Mar 20, 10 9:16 AM
Thanks for putting this back on the forum for fishies to see. I love a Christmas Carol , the book any of the old movie versions--but Alistair Simm the best--

and I love this game. Its a definite to buy.

The art is wonderful, and it's a clever take on M3s

TA

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Dec 21, 10 6:38 PM
Pros: A match 3 game with an interesting twist. Instead of switching objects around to make matches, you simply link 3 or more identical objects in any direction. You can have links going all over the board sometimes which is kind of cool. In between the grids, there are hand drawn scenes that tell an abridged version of Dickens' A Christmas Carol.

Cons: No relaxed mode and a limited number of lives. If you gasp your final breath in the middle of an act (there are 4 acts with several grids each), you have to start over at the beginning of the act rather than at the grid you died on. Not so bad if you're near the beginning of one. Horrible if you're near the end. The power up hammer (which only knocks out one square or one chain at a time) takes forever to load so it's not much of a help on some of the levels. The story scenes are very basic and only of decent quality - nothing spectacular.

Overall Impression: I like the different approach to the genre; but since I'm having a lot of trouble getting past level 4-1 or 4-2 (tried many. many times; haven't succeed yet), I'm very, very frustrated with it. Bah humbug!

lyn58
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by lyn58 on Dec 31, 10 9:01 AM
I also have been playing linkit since it came out. I am on level 5-15. There is a square grid with 9 blocks around the grid. I've cleared the square but I don't know how to get the outside squares. Any help out there. Thanks and Happy New Year

Edited on 01/10/2011 at 10:11:44 AM PST

cccp2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by cccp2 on Jan 19, 11 9:21 PM
Level 5-15 is the last level. Finally just beat the game about 10 minutes ago. To get the outside blocks you have to use the hammer. So as soon as the hammer goes silver use it on an outside block, then continue to clear squares in the center.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Dec 11, 12 5:25 AM
I thought the game was fun, This will be a buy in the future, I love match 3 games..
I wish they would come out with more of get well mel I have played that game over and over..I like the sounds in Linkit and the graphics was ok..
Thx DEV's and BF

Go to: