bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Post any Hidden in Time: Looking-glass Lane technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgDonau on May 8, 11 9:10 AM
If you are having problems getting Hidden in Time: Looking-glass Lane to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct common issues in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

huggzz
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:Post any Hidden in Time: Looking-glass Lane technical issues here only

[Post New]by huggzz on May 8, 11 11:21 AM
After about 20 mins I got a error... Had to shut it all down...
Anyone else have a problem??
Annie

sherrilafkas
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by sherrilafkas on May 8, 11 1:04 PM
Yup, me too. Error Messege when i tried to put part of the time machine in the right place up in the attic.....hmmmmmm

sherrilafkas
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by sherrilafkas on May 8, 11 1:05 PM
sorry. hit post twice

Edited on 05/08/2011 at 1:06:28 PM PST

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by cinder555 on May 8, 11 2:49 PM
I played until the porch. I received the right post button but not the left post and I was stuck. I tried to enter the house - NO. I tried to go back - nothing. I went out of the game and came back in and had to restart all over again. Did not save my progress at all. I tried to use a hint to open the column - nothing. Got a hint from the spider. I can not get into the house.

Must be a bug in the system. I played on XP

BelindaR53
Clownfish
Clownfish
800 Posts

[Post New]by BelindaR53 on May 8, 11 4:05 PM
I also had an error problem. Playing the demo, I was up in the lab room, when I clicked to go down, in the window where the telescope is, an error came up and said it had to shut down program. What is up with this???

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on May 8, 11 6:04 PM
I had a problem too when I tried to quit after 5 min into demo the whole game froze had to shut down manually then uninstalled and reinstalled when tried to access the game said my demo over so don't want to buy the game if it does it again it seemed like a good credit game

janiestep
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by janiestep on May 8, 11 8:32 PM
When you get the 3rd box and open it with the key , you can not put it on the table. I have backed out and restarted 3 times. Still the same problem

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on May 9, 11 1:26 AM
Please see the thread (Bug) Tin Cans - link below

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/0/158719.page#3103574

There is a problem with the tin can count; it starts at around tin can number 7 where your count goes from 7 of 7 to read 6 of 7. The same bug happens at other times during the count.

quizzly
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by quizzly on May 9, 11 1:45 AM
When I try to open the third box my key disappears and the box stays closed. I deinstalled and reinstalled and the game starts at the same place and with this same problem.

Post any Hidden in Time: Looking-glass Lane technical issues here only

[Post New]by fresforum on May 9, 11 12:26 PM
bfgDonau wrote:If you are having problems getting Hidden in Time: Looking-glass Lane to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct common issues in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Dragonella
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Dragonella on May 10, 11 5:53 AM
Up in the lab room the game froze. I had to escape, go out of the game completely.
I tried three times but the game kept freezing.

[Post New]by marthajanek on May 10, 11 7:34 AM
I am having the same problem with the time machine part. The key when inserted dissapears and wom't let me get the cutters which you have to have to comtinue. Help

[Post New]by releeb on May 10, 11 9:56 AM
Same problem with the 3rd box. Insert key and the box does not open and the key disappears. Any solutions.?

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on May 10, 11 12:07 PM
Hi folks,

If you are experiencing a game that is crashing or freezing, please check to see if an update to your system is available and might help with this issue, if you haven't already:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For those of you experiencing a block at the 3rd box, please try restarting the game with a new player profile to see if this will allow you to continue. Make sure that the second time around, that you keep the cursor still when opening the box until a puzzle triggers.

If you're continuing to have problems or would like further assistance, please get in touch with Tech Support and our reps will be happy to help. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by dollygolly on May 10, 11 12:15 PM
I am having the same problem as many others unable to remove the third box from the screen put key in which then disappears another image of the box appears behind the main one which can be placed on the square but the original image remains on the screen and unable to continue the game.

Jerripat
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by Jerripat on May 10, 11 1:36 PM
re-started under another screen name. Am still having problems with the # of tin cans, starting with can #7. (It has lost a can both times, and this time I know I got them all.) Hope to see a fix on this one as I am not the only fish having problems

jlewis228
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by jlewis228 on May 10, 11 3:20 PM
dollygolly wrote:I am having the same problem as many others unable to remove the third box from the screen put key in which then disappears another image of the box appears behind the main one which can be placed on the square but the original image remains on the screen and unable to continue the game.

Let me add to the count on people having the same problem with the third box. I have existed and re-inentered 3 or 4 times with the same result

[Post New]by cloystered on May 10, 11 3:37 PM
Every time i close and go to play again all my progress is lost. I do not want to play this game in one sitting. Anyone else have this problem? A solution would be saved. And I stop at a reasonable place- such as after a flower mechanism is revealed and place.

nantyglyn
Salmon
Salmon
2,939 Posts

[Post New]by nantyglyn on May 10, 11 6:42 PM
I am also having the problem with the third box. I'd really hate to spend the time starting again with a new profile to get to this point and have it still not work. It's frustrating because we can't go on.

Go to: